Preview Round 18 - Essendoomguys VS Melbourne Demons, MCG, Saturday 13/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is a great ruck for an opposition to rove as he lacks finesse and will put it into dumbish places quite often

He’s better on the bash and crash

If the opposition were going without a ruck we would have been better off with Goldstein who can seriously put it to advantage when he has space
Hopefully Draper can show some maturity tonight. The couple of occasions I can recall where the opposition have gone in without a recognised ruckman we've been left red faced.

Hopefully Draper can show some maturity tonight. The couple of occasions I can recall where the opposition have gone in without a recognised ruckman we've been left red faced.
Yeah, maybe Draper ready to show his best. Scott did say he was finally over the injuries and ran the game out well last week.

I thought his game last week was the best he has played for the club. Held onto marks and was strong in the contest. Good all round game.

And infuriating late in games when teams are chipping aroung if it is close.

simple solution. Man up. Cracked me up last night when the toothless bogans were booing Geelong for doing it at the end. There’s no rules that say you have to give the other side a chance.

simple solution. Man up. Cracked me up last night when the toothless bogans were booing Geelong for doing it at the end. There’s no rules that say you have to give the other side a chance.
Haha I was about to say the same.

Like, get out of Clarkson’s Cluster for one goddam minute and go find a man.

That was very enjoyable. They did it for 5 min. Probably the main thing they did better than us in what was a very similar game style to dismantle to Pies. They showed their maturity at the death and didn't give Pies a sniff, whereas we always get nervous at that point.

Anyone know if there’s a way to find your member barcode if you don’t have your physical card and you can’t call member services because it’s a Saturday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And infuriating late in games when teams are chipping aroung if it is close.
It's infuriating when you're on the wrong side of it, but it's 100% the right play when you're protecting a lead. Plus it requires composure, good field kicking, hard running to create the uncontested marks - it's not like it's a cheap tactic like how teams used to rush behinds to protect leads in the 00s.
Our guys were smart enough to wipe 2.5 minutes off the clock with ball control last week while the Pies were coming pretty hard as they usually do in the last 10.

It's infuriating when you're on the wrong side of it, but it's 100% the right play when you're protecting a lead. Plus it requires composure, good field kicking, hard running to create the uncontested marks - it's not like it's a cheap tactic like how teams used to rush behinds to protect leads in the 00s.
Our guys were smart enough to wipe 2.5 minutes off the clock with ball control last week while the Pies were coming pretty hard as they usually do in the last 10.
We invented that tactic. It was an old Sheedy trick. Go Footy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back