Review Round 18 - Port Adelaide @ PF Stadium - 14th July 2024 - 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

How Tall are they up fwd without Georgieadies? Dixon, Marshall, Lord? Surely Collo, Ballard, Jeffrey can take those 3 and we can release big Mac up around the ground to do some damage offensively. (i know im a broken record haha)

Like we saw last game as soon as Day went off we had no target when coming out of defence. Walter likely will come in but he does tend to get a bit lost out there / hasn't found his groove yet.

Mac high half fwd / swingman , can be a target for our long kicks out of defence and can slide deeper fwd to be a target or even get back to help in defence from there. Surely would worry Port more than having him solely in defence taking some intercepts when Ballard is proven to be able to do that.

Some on here should be pleased with the miller injury, personally I think it's a huge blow. I've liked him in the half forward role that gets up to stoppages and puts the pressure on the opposition but also a good link up going forward. Who replaces him? Rogers played that role against freo and had 6 touches although has gone back and performed well. I think I'd go ainsworth in that role and bring in rosas to be more the opportunist goal kicker.

Some on here should be pleased with the miller injury, personally I think it's a huge blow. I've liked him in the half forward role that gets up to stoppages and puts the pressure on the opposition but also a good link up going forward. Who replaces him? Rogers played that role against freo and had 6 touches although has gone back and performed well. I think I'd go ainsworth in that role and bring in rosas to be more the opportunist goal kicker.
Humphrey

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was just thinking this. Like your idea too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Humphrey has basically played one quarter in the middle and gained about 450 meters. Did people miss that. He a natural IMO

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Needs to either be given an actual run at it or given a spell in the two's to develop. putting him as a sub every week and not giving him any game time is criminal.

Terrible injury news for key forward stocks. Only positive may be that walter gets a guarantee block of a month to make a real fist of it. Going to be a real test this week.

Play Mac as forward/ruck. We look so unpredictable with him in the centre square.
Absolutely. He is going to be elite no matter where you play him, but I still think his ability at ground level plus his leap and length makes him almost game breaking in that forward/ruck role. Pretty much a 4th mid in the middle and very few key defenders who can go with him in the air up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Tall are they up fwd without Georgieadies? Dixon, Marshall, Lord? Surely Collo, Ballard, Jeffrey can take those 3 and we can release big Mac up around the ground to do some damage offensively. (i know im a broken record haha)

Like we saw last game as soon as Day went off we had no target when coming out of defence. Walter likely will come in but he does tend to get a bit lost out there / hasn't found his groove yet.

Mac high half fwd / swingman , can be a target for our long kicks out of defence and can slide deeper fwd to be a target or even get back to help in defence from there. Surely would worry Port more than having him solely in defence taking some intercepts when Ballard is proven to be able to do that.
Dixon has finished his suspension so he may be rushed back because Georgie is suspended.

Nah Koch loves him so he will stay, one thing is when we win Horne Francis is the difference, he is the best young player I have seen ability wise and that includes Buckley and Voss
With his blonde hair & socks up, he looks so much like Buckley did.

This is the week Jed Walter kicks a bag and gets a rising star nom
Had the same thought earlier today. I assume Aliir (194cm) will take King, which would mean Walter will either get Zerk-Thatcher (195cm) or Lachie Jones (186cm). Jed is the same height as their tallest key defender and already has a bigger body than Zerk-Thatcher so there really shouldn't be any issue from a physical point of view. It's entirely possible this is the one that Walter comes to life in and kicks a bag. Here's hoping!

Had the same thought earlier today. I assume Aliir (194cm) will take King, which would mean Walter will either get Zerk-Thatcher (195cm) or Lachie Jones (186cm). Jed is the same height as their tallest key defender and already has a bigger body than Zerk-Thatcher so there really shouldn't be any issue from a physical point of view. It's entirely possible this is the one that Walter comes to life in and kicks a bag. Here's hoping!
Last time we thought that Walter got demolished by 192cm skinny Brodie Kemp. Jed can't overpower people like he did in U18s anymore and he hasn't developed forward line IQ to the point he is super dangerous. He is going to be a gun no doubt, but he has a long road to go.

I just watched the replay today we had 62 inside 50s to 46 and 5 more shots on goal so I wouldn't make to many changes. One thing I did notice is that the running hand ball game against the pies wasn't there which made us look slow improve that and look out.

I just watched the replay today we had 62 inside 50s to 46 and 5 more shots on goal so I wouldn't make to many changes. One thing I did notice is that the running hand ball game against the pies wasn't there which made us look slow improve that and look out.
Are you a masochist?

have you guys tagged a mid this season? what are the chances that one of our mids cop a tag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back