Review Round 19, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns really brought it tonight, they had to for their finals hopes but gee did we look a bit rattled.

Simply put, we have to get better. I like that we have a tough run home to improve/prepare for finals, we'll certainly need it.

Great game by Starc.

I hope Rich is okay. He looked horrendous just after it but went off more preppy... hope he's okay.

Ah Chee was great. Hope hes not too badly injured.

great celebration for him too.

some bad bad mistakes tonight and some freakish things too. want things at a better balance as it makes for upsetting viewing.

I have been resisting the ‘we need a list reset’ push but many of today’s efforts, before they ran out of steam, reminded me of a quote from Hemingway’s ‘The Sun Also Rises’.

“How did you go broke?”

“Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

Not sure we have the artillery to go far into September, hope I look foolish.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee and Starc our best. Clugga worked hard and Charlie absorbed a lot of defensive effort of dubious legality, fought hard and got two nonetheless. Guess I'll give the other to Matho who continues to merit selection.

In all seriousness we were pretty **** again.

Ah Chee was BOG for us I reckon. Starce played well on Rankine. Charlie and Joe looked dangerous up forward at times. Neale and Hugh were solid.

Both Harris and adams were off tonight. The midfield is obviously continuing to be a worry. If it’s Lyons or Mathieson right now I’m going with Matho.

Rich will be out next week so Kiddy comes back in if he’s fit. Otherwise cocky for Rich. If Kiddy is fit id like to see Cocky back for Noah anyway but doubt they’ll do that.

Last edited:
Too many of our supporters bagging our players throughout the game. The Suns aren’t the walkovers they used to be, playing bloody good football at the moment and had their moments where they looked better than us. At the same time credit to us in the last quarter where we won the game.

1658577738184.jpeg
Chooks are laying again, wheat yields are up, cows are giving more milk and farmers still get the diesel fuel rebate.

A looot of passengers tonight. McStay, Rayner, Lyons .... We've got 4 massive games coming up to a) make sure we finish top four and b) play ourselves into some sort of form the finals. We can't play like we have the last few weeks in finals or we'll be taking an early holiday.

That was an awful game tonight. Not much went right. Poor decision making, poor skills. Poor selection and game plan. We were getting tortured by Miller and Rohan and I'm guessing Fagan was just assuming big brother superiority would win out. For three quarters it most certainly didn't. Haven't seen the stats but I would think marks inside 50 would have been in single digits. Bombing high balls in is never going to work and when our forwards all just get in each other's way, there is no way in hell we can get an advantage from it.

The biggest issue - not just tonight but for weeks now - is this score a goal, give a goal bullshit. What is that? Do we just switch off or are we just that bad at clearances? Well clearly not because we're winning clearances around the ground but for some reason can't do it in the centre. At least not after scoring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Back