Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard the king of smugness Chris Scott press conference. Commenting on their season he said their game is the best shape in has been all season. You can take this a few ways but if I was Bevo I would use it this way.

The cats are feeling comfortable and coming us against us who they believe we are easy beats at home an expect to just turn up to win.

Just heard the king of smugness Chris Scott press conference. Commenting on their season he said their game is the best shape in has been all season. You can take this a few ways but if I was Bevo I would use it this way.

The cats are feeling comfortable and coming us against us who they believe we are easy beats at home an expect to just turn up to win.

Tbh the cats almost beat us last season at home by just turning up. They were trying to lose and didnt think their first game ruck would pants the soon to be AA ruck.

After all these years I’m not sure we need any more motivation, I think it’s just apparent that Scott has Bevo’s number.

Tbh the cats almost beat us last season at home by just turning up. They were trying to lose and didnt think their first game ruck would pants the soon to be AA ruck.

After all these years I’m not sure we need any more motivation, I think it’s just apparent that Scott has Bevo’s number.

Yes, but we do not always turn up and we need to back up a super effort from last week.

In - Naughton, Garcia, Daniel
Out - Buku, Gallagher, Sanders

I think Daniel and Garcia both offer more than the kids currently. I'd like to see Naughton back.

I don't count the last years round 23 victory against the Belmont Cats as breaking our Kardinia Park hoodoo so going into this game without much confidence. Hopefully the boys make me look like a fool.

In: Naughton, Treloar, Garcia
Out: Gallagher, Sanders, McNeil

Buku on Cameron isn't a good matchup but bringing in an extra tall allows up some flexibility to push someone back if needed. McNeil had a solid last quarter but he's not in our best 22. The first two aren't positively impacting games at the moment so are squeezed out of the side. They are young and we have plenty of depth right now.

3-4 changes from a great win is tough but what can you do. We have multiple players to come in that make us a much better side. Not sure if I’m comfortable taking Buku, Gallagher, Sanders (68% ToG of note?) and McNeil to an important game in Geelong given who we may have available. Not saying all those players are equal, or all poor (only Gallagher was really) but if this were a final they would be the most obvious choices.

Coffield was also managed through the game with a very low ToG for a defender so could be between he and Buku, depending on how you view that and if JoD is available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, MC earning their bikkies this week picking the side... assuming Treloar is ok?
With no Jones yet, doubt Lobb misses out, so maybe Buku vs JOD, or JOD in and Buku vs Coffield for 3rd tallish defender.

But who comes out for Naughts? Presumably a small, ie McNeil, but can we go from the quickish team we fielded yesterday to an over-correction to additional height? So JUH, Naughton and Darcy all at times in F50, except when Darcy rucks and English rests.

I'm sure Bevo has a plan. He seems to have had a few lately. I just want several high contact frees paid to Weightman, with a camera fixed on Scott each time. 😄
We almost beat Geelong in Adelaide and it was their ball movement and a dodgy Arc call that were the difference. The blueprint is there to shut out Stewart and that goes a long way to beating them. It really is a case of the defence breaking even and the offence scoring more as we did v the Blues. I think Bevo once said as long as we score more than them we win

Naughton to come back in....to play on Cameron

We don't need another forward this week, leave it to JUH and Darcy.

What we do need is an extremely fit athlete who can run all day and keep up with Cameron. Give him a challenge. It allows Khamis and Lobb to intercept.

This is too logical, therefore it won’t happen.

Curnow got a fair few opportunities, but Khamis also played reasonably well, albeit with his usual spatial awareness challenges in some 1v1 marking situations (when he’s going for the mark he reads it well, when he can’t and has to defend he can get all at sea). The fact we got away with him spending most of the game on Curnow means I don’t see him getting dropped after that game. Particularly given he did some solid intercepting and was a net neutral on our ball movement, maybe even slightly positive.

Is it just me or do we look better when:

- We play 2 talls forward (1 being a ruck)

- We don't play Treloar, Bont & Libba together as our main 3

I'd need to go back & look at other games / the blend but it feels like the above as 2 big variables.

Does Ed become one of the main 3 now?

What do we do with Naughton JUH & Darcy if we're in fact better with only 2 tall fwds?

Out: Gallagher (managed), McNeil (Omitted), Coffield (Omitted)
I think this is close but there is no chance McNeil goes out after his 4th quarter.

Out: Coffield, Gallagher, Sanders

Nothing against the last two but give them a bit of a freshen up in the VFL. We’ll need them in the run home when we cop injuries.

I think this is close but there is no chance McNeil goes out after his 4th quarter.

Out: Coffield, Gallagher, Sanders

Nothing against the last two but give them a bit of a freshen up in the VFL. We’ll need them in the run home when we cop injuries.
You've either got Coffield as sub or need to bring an extra player in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back