Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or do we look better when:

- We play 2 talls forward (1 being a ruck)

- We don't play Treloar, Bont & Libba together as our main 3

I'd need to go back & look at other games / the blend but it feels like the above as 2 big variables.

Does Ed become one of the main 3 now?

What do we do with Naughton JUH & Darcy if we're in fact better with only 2 tall fwds?
Agree on both. Cody essentially functions as another tall with the way he plays. Really interesting dilemma though as all 3 talls are selection worthy.

Ed simply must be in our core mid rotation now. As good as Treloar has been, I think him moving to the half forward role he played in 21 makes the most sense. Libba can’t really play any other position and Bont is far too good to move out

In Naughton, Adds, Garcia
Out Gaggs(needs to go back), McNeil(for hitting the post late) , Poulter (there are no wings at the cattery)

It would be an abomination to bring in JOD for Buku!!!

Clearly there has been a mandate around speed in our team this season, and whilst they frustrate doggies fans, players like VDM, Gallagher and McNeil are playing a role.

Each of these guys impacted the game against the Blues with their speed.

I can't see more than one of them getting dropped this week.

I also thought coffield was poor in the game as well. He made some very poor decisions that lead to goals for the blues, and just needs more game time at vfl level to build confidence and continuity.

My changes:

In: naughton, JOD, treloar
Out: sanders, coffield, Gallagher

Is it just me or do we look better when:

- We play 2 talls forward (1 being a ruck)

- We don't play Treloar, Bont & Libba together as our main 3

I'd need to go back & look at other games / the blend but it feels like the above as 2 big variables.

Does Ed become one of the main 3 now?

What do we do with Naughton JUH & Darcy if we're in fact better with only 2 tall fwds?
Yes and this has been obvious for some time.

Don't need 3 talls. Pressure is king in modern footy.

Onballer match ups should depend on opponents. Libba not the right choice for speedy Port, yet perfect for strong Carlton. Treloar has given us a lot yet a bigger body against Carlton helped. I'm all for more flexibility in the middle as Libba and Treloar are getting on and need to share the role going forward.

Gallagher and Sanders look a little vulnerable to better ball users at this point. Gallagher might be getting close to empty on the fuel guage and the finesse and composure isn't there yet for Sanders. Not sure he gets there this season and we have options when others regain fitness.

Garcia has made his case although I suspect it's as sub. Naught's is automatic if fit as is Treloar. I like JOD and would like us to continue to invest in him which puts Coffield under the pump moreso than Khamis at this moment.

It was such a great win that it seems a little unfair to make changes. But we have finals to make and win.

It's a strange one. Garcia should absolutely be playing but if he's genuinely told us he's going to Geelong (not saying he has but surely his papers are stamped) then how do we play him this week when we have refused to up until now?

Equally - we pretty much knew Dunkley was offski but he kept playing for us. I'm sure if the 10 pack was fit he'd be running a wing or on mid rotations even though he's clearly out of here.

I don't envisage any other reason Garcia isn't getting a run though. One rule for the elite and one for the pretty goods I guess. Or just Bevo Bevo'ing along........

It's a strange one. Garcia should absolutely be playing but if he's genuinely told us he's going to Geelong (not saying he has but surely his papers are stamped) then how do we play him this week when we have refused to up until now?

Equally - we pretty much knew Dunkley was offski but he kept playing for us. I'm sure if the 10 pack was fit he'd be running a wing or on mid rotations even though he's clearly out of here.

I don't envisage any other reason Garcia isn't getting a run though. One rule for the elite and one for the pretty goods I guess. Or just Bevo Bevo'ing along........
Speculation isn't helping anyone really

Speculation isn't helping anyone really
Isn't that what this site is largely about....?????? Pretty sure even the best ITK's are speculating their butts off half the time?

I can post about the spot price of gold or how much of the Donald's ear is left if ya like :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that what this site is largely about....?????? Pretty sure even the best ITK's are speculating their butts off half the time?

I can post about the spot price of gold or how much of the Donald's ear is left if ya like :)
I'm just not a fan of "X isn't playing, must be leaving". We heard the same about Busslinger and I would be surprised if the same wasn't true here

Agree on both. Cody essentially functions as another tall with the way he plays. Really interesting dilemma though as all 3 talls are selection worthy.

Ed simply must be in our core mid rotation now. As good as Treloar has been, I think him moving to the half forward role he played in 21 makes the most sense. Libba can’t really play any other position and Bont is far too good to move out

On Cody, one interesting thing I noted today was that in his 18 games since Rd 16 last year he’s only taken 2 contested marks. In his 51 prior career games he’d taken 35, including 9 in his first 11 games last year.

I don’t recall him competing much at all with our talls this year. He’s playing a much more ground bound, crumber’s game and still kicking plenty of goals.

On Cody, one interesting thing I noted today was that in his 18 games since Rd 16 last year he’s only taken 2 contested marks. In his 51 prior career games he’d taken 35, including 9 in his first 11 games last year.

I don’t recall him competing much at all with our talls this year. He’s playing a much more ground bound, crumber’s game and still kicking plenty of goals.
Also could be his elbow

With the murmurs about Garcia on here I doubt very much whether he’ll be back in at all.
I've got no idea if the Garcia murmurs are true or not, but a pretty good weekend for a guy supposedly in the bad books.

Gets full match payments ($5k) for sitting out the AFL match as 23rd man, then gets further payments and racks up the stats at VFL level.

Nice work for someone supposedly on the outer

If we are serious at the pointy end of the season, we’ll need at least 2 strong backs. Lobb is surprisingly one. If Jones doesn’t get back, do we roll the dice with Buku/JOD or have Naughton ready as a swingman like Sicily? Another option is Naughts to play some midfield like Stewart. Lots of things to consider especially since we appear to play better with 2 talls in attack. Might be better as a team if we can spread our elite talent across the park.

McNeil will stay in. Bevo singled him out in the presser.

I would love to keep Sanders in the team, but while our season is still alive Garcia simply must play ahead of him.
Is there any chance of Stewart being rubbed out for this game?

If he played for the Bulldogs he would be out this week with concussion. Seeing some of our head knocks that have put players into protocols, compared to Stewart's clash of heads on the weekend.. No idea how he went back on the ground.

I would love to beat a team we hardly even brat and even more so if rumours are correct they will pinch Bailey Smith for a low ball trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back