Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobby or Khamis on Cameron šŸ˜¬
Neither has the tank to go with Cameron when he starts roaming the park. I would be giving Coffield first crack good enough aerially to compete and solid enough ground game to make it difficult. Always rotate Khamis onto Cameron if Coffield gets gassed chasing Cameron around

Going to be interesting at the selection table. Smash them in the middle and have West roll onto Stewart when he moves back after the centre bounces. Also I'd have doc glued to Miers.

The cats aren't very good this year this is a very winnable game
If ever we were going to run a hard tag would definitely be putting the clamps on Miers as he has a big hand in their scoring chains

McNeil will stay in. Bevo singled him out in the presser.

I would love to keep Sanders in the team, but while our season is still alive Garcia simply must play ahead of him.

If he played for the Bulldogs he would be out this week with concussion. Seeing some of our head knocks that have put players into protocols, compared to Stewart's clash of heads on the weekend.. No idea how he went back on the ground.
If Stewart plays with concussion symptoms it may be to our benefitšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

If ever we were going to run a hard tag would definitely be putting the clamps on Miers as he has a big hand in their scoring chains
He won't be in the team but I'd love to see Baker transition to that role off half-back. Has the toughness for the role aswell as a bit of speed to be dangerous going the other way. If I had to look internally for a Duryea replacement it'd be Baker.

It's a strange one. Garcia should absolutely be playing but if he's genuinely told us he's going to Geelong (not saying he has but surely his papers are stamped) then how do we play him this week when we have refused to up until now?
While I donā€™t buy Bevoā€™s ā€œwe dropped him because he copped some bad umpiring decisionsā€ it should be pointed out that his form was just so-so after he got dropped. That was until Sunday when he finally turned in a performance youā€™d expect from a bloke who many claim should have a regular place in the seniors.

Seeing he was clearly close to selection (named as emergency, then made sub) Iā€™d say heā€™s a decent chance of getting picked in the 22 this week.

Iā€™m not expecting Treloar will be back immediately if he has a calf strain. Even if itā€™s only a minor one. We shall see ā€¦

Neither has the tank to go with Cameron when he starts roaming the park. I would be giving Coffield first crack good enough aerially to compete and solid enough ground game to make it difficult. Always rotate Khamis onto Cameron if Coffield gets gassed chasing Cameron around
I don't think we have a one on one hard match up for Cameron. Lobb when deep, handing over to Freijah/Dale/Coffield/Buku when roaming will be the rough plan.

I think Coffield is a decent matchup on Cameron. Should be able to go ok with him up the ground and on leads as Coff has pretty goof pace. One out in the square might be a bit of a worry, but I don't think anyone else we have will fare too much better.

Cats smalls and fast medium talls make me very nervous though. Miers killed us last time too.

While I donā€™t buy Bevoā€™s ā€œwe dropped him because he copped some bad umpiring decisionsā€ it should be pointed out that his form was just so-so after he got dropped. That was until Sunday when he finally turned in a performance youā€™d expect from a bloke who many claim should have a regular place in the seniors.

Seeing he was clearly close to selection (named as emergency, then made sub) Iā€™d say heā€™s a decent chance of getting picked in the 22 this week.

Iā€™m not expecting Treloar will be back immediately if he has a calf strain. Even if itā€™s only a minor one. We shall see ā€¦
It was Calf awareness so will be a test for this week.

I don't think we have a one on one hard match up for Cameron. Lobb when deep, handing over to Freijah/Dale/Coffield/Buku when roaming will be the rough plan.

T think we do if Astro plays back even if it is for this week as has all the attributes to go with Cameron. It would be a ballsy move by Bevo but he did with Lobb who had less games as a backman than Astro.

Miers absolutely dominated us last time, he canā€™t be allowed to just waltz around. But if we bring the type of heat out of the middle like we did against Carlton we should smash their midfield. Time to stand up to Dangerflog and let him just walk over us like he always does.

I've got no idea if the Garcia murmurs are true or not, but a pretty good weekend for a guy supposedly in the bad books.

Gets full match payments ($5k) for sitting out the AFL match as 23rd man, then gets further payments and racks up the stats at VFL level.

Nice work for someone supposedly on the outer
I call bullshit on the rumour about Sonny touring the GFC facility - for a start, there is no way Geelong would risk that with a contracted player mid-season. Not credible in the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost better off leaving the spare when Cameron goes for his jogs into defensive 50/wing, I'd rather he gets 20 touches up the ground than 10 inside 50.

I call bullshit on the rumour about Sonny touring the GFC facility - for a start, there is no way Geelong would risk that with a contracted player mid-season. Not credible in the least.
As I said. With our vicious AFL media - this would be reported on already.

It was Calf awareness so will be a test for this week.
As far as I'm aware (no pun intended) there is no formal medical diagnosis of "calf awareness" or even 'calf tightness" which is what was originally reported as Treloar's problem. Instead these appear to be subjective descriptions of the symptoms. That's not to say doctors won't use those terms but they are still alluding to degrees of muscle damage (usually torn fibres). If there's some level of tear (even a minor one) in the calf of a 30+yo elite athlete I reckon he's more likely to be out for at least one more week than to return immediately to full competition.

However I'm no doctor so don't quote me. I hope I'm wrong.
Nothing from Dr Chris Bell yet but I'd expect the best we can hope for is a "test" for this coming game as you suggest.

As far as I'm aware (no pun intended) there is no formal medical diagnosis of "calf awareness" or even 'calf tightness" which is what was originally reported as Treloar's problem. Instead these appear to be subjective descriptions of the symptoms. That's not to say doctors won't use those terms but they are still alluding to degrees of muscle damage (usually torn fibres). If there's some level of tear (even a minor one) in the calf of a 30+yo elite athlete I reckon he's more likely to be out for at least one more week than to return immediately to full competition.

However I'm no doctor so don't quote me. I hope I'm wrong.
Nothing from Dr Chris Bell yet but I'd expect the best we can hope for is a "test" for this coming game as you suggest.
Awareness is just this year's buzzword, I agree.

This failed miserable in gather round against the Cats. Khamis did well on him deep yet the team got lost when he ran up the ground.

We need a player to play a negative selfless task and blanket him. Easier said than done. I'd go Naugthon yet know it wont happen

100%

He's their match winner. He has more influence than any Geelong player outside of Jezza and Stewart.

Danger can still hurt teams with his burst and strength, but Miers' annoyingly cheeky crafty kicks forward of centre need to be restricted.

Hopefully he gets taken out in a crunching tackle. Give me that role, I'll happily put my hand up. Thirty seconds is all I need and I won't let you guys down. Miers will be left seeing stars. Then I'll return to the bench never to be seen again.

We need to stop the umpires as well. Not sure how we do it, but it's always the case with Geelong, especially at their shit hole of a ground.

It's no surprise the best chance we had to beat a full strength Geelong team was 2021 when there was no crowd to influence the umpires in making bullshit calls.

Easier said than done.

PTSD from many Geelong matches of recent years being decided by umpiring decisions.

We need to stop the umpires as well. Not sure how we do it, but it's always the case with Geelong, especially at their shit hole of a ground.

It's no surprise the best chance we had to beat a full strength Geelong team was 2021 when there was no crowd to influence the umpires in making bullshit calls.

Easier said than done.

PTSD from many Geelong matches of recent years being decided by umpiring decisions.
How about if we gave you 90 seconds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back