Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about it, some Hine fans on here are so full of spin that they can’t see the obvious.
Hine is trash
Why even bother? As per usual we would get reamed in any trade of players or picks with our shit team of negotiators we have. Muppets the lot of them.
Could have got 2 first rounders for Jordy 2 years ago.

Rotate the squad a little bit, give some players a rest, the focus should be on next season. Yes of course we want to win, but we can't be shortsighted. There is no harm in accepting that we won't be good enough this year.

We had a slow start due to the premiership win, then we came hard, but injuries killed us. Was it bad luck? Was it because we had no groundwork from a full preseason? Bit of both I reckon.

Are there also some lower motivation levels in squad? Yep, but that's ok, the players are only human, not everybody has the top tier elite mentality to reach the summit, then do it again straight away.

We should be looking at Geelong. Similar age profile with their squad. They won the flag in 2022, then fell off a cliff and finished 12th in 2023, most thought they were cooked, that they'd bottom out and have to rebuild. Now they're on track for a top 4 place in 2024 and are a genuine chance at winning it all.

We all love this footy club, we all love these players, we all want to win every week, we all hate when we lose, but we gotta be proud of the premiership win last year, it's bloody hard to do. And we gotta be proud of the fight the boys have showed after a 0-3 start. We've run out of puff. I strongly believe we can win another premiership next year.
:pointup:

Tell me about it, some Hine fans on here are so full of spin that they can’t see the obvious.
Exactly, the only picks he got right are f/s but the cult members think he’s god. If he’s so good where are the young stars coming through? Are they breaking down the door to play, it’s more like “we’ll play them because we have nothing else.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Darcy Cameron has played a lion-hearted game. :clapping:

Exactly, the only picks he got right are f/s but the cult members think he’s god. If he’s so good where are the young stars coming through? Are they breaking down the door to play, it’s more like “we’ll play them because we have nothing else.”

Honestly his best days are a decade plus behind him.

He had a brief period early where he nailed some early picks and unearthed some rookie gems. But that was ancient history.

We are pushing shit uphill too much in terms of playing catch up on personnel, form, fitness etc

It’s time to stick some players on ice and book them in for surgeries and prepare them for day 1 of pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back