Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No idea. Frampton was playing well as a defender, then Fly moved him forward and basically put him out of form, then confidence. There has been some horrible moves and team decisions this season....
Exactly
And then drops him when Moore playing terrible footy is the opposite of what we needed.

Do you see how much bigger and stronger Hawthorn players look compared to ours,even though they’re younger?Hine has a lot to answer for for the players he’s recruited in recent years.
Or do we have a lot of younger players who don’t put the effort into training and the gym? Reefs still got no tank, macrae is weaker then a 12year old school girl for eg

Players have given up some weeks ago, most likely due to team mates getting injured every week resulting in a train wreck of a season - just like DeGoey talked about.

not one time this game have i seen more than 1 collingwood player tackle a hawk player.
we use to swarm tackle.... was this only a mitchell thing?

In hindsight we gave up too much for Schultz but comparing him to Ginnivan is doing him a disservice.

They're not similar players. Ginni just can't do what Schultz can in terms of defensive pressure or covering ground.

Whenever people start romanticising Ginni, I will just remind them of the Grand Final, plus he would have had even less opportunity to do well in Collingwood's forward line this year.

Just saying

Or do we have a lot of younger players who don’t put the effort into training and the gym? Reefs still got no tank, macrae is weaker then a 12year old school girl for eg
Macrae is not going to make it at AFL level, i feel like this is one of ways we went wrong this year thinking he was the answer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you see how much bigger and stronger Hawthorn players look compared to ours,even though they’re younger?Hine has a lot to answer for for the players he’s recruited in recent years.
We’ve had a few eras where we’ve been out bustled by bigger bodied players. Albeit much better sides in those eras. Eg Lions, Cats.

Think we need a good mix of big bodied players and players with good pace to add to the rest of the team.

go and check the pressure difference as the other "stats" are pretty even, but shcultz is only 150% v better on pressure

I went to the game today and let me tell you, you can go on as much as you like about what Shultz is meant to offer. But Ginnivan made us look pathetic. How many did he get, 31 possessions? Nice. Tell me more.

Prefer this scenario to coming back wth a firestorn in the last qur and losing by a point. It is now beyond doubt that we are out of contention this year. We just aren't good enough.
As others have mentioned, the older players have declined very steeply, and - more worryingly - we don't have a crop of young players ready to take up the baton.
Our young players in the VFL have not stepped up in the manner we needed them to.
In 2022 recruiting Mitchell and Frampton, these werer the genius decisions that won us a flag, but it was a "fix" - never a long term solution.
We were always approaching a challenging situation, when our legends and champion veterans began inevitably to deteriorate.
But I think we have fallen behind in our inability to pick up talent and do trades that other clubs have achieved to address a long term perspective (ex: Hawthorn, and Essendon).
We can only hope that we are able to emulate the skill of the recruitment department of other clubs during this trade season.
I see our situation like that of Hawthorn. The only difference is that they won 3 premierships before their rebuild, and we only won one. :(

WHE, missed every opportunity today when he has had had a marking attempt

WHE had an off day yes, but he's been one of very few who have consistently brought effort and intent to the table for most of the season, so I wouldn't be singling him out when every one of the 22 players wearing the Collingwood jumper today (and the coaches in the box) were disappointing at best.

It's a shame we lost Kreuger early because he is the other stand out in terms of busting his ass and never giving up, despite other flaws there may be in his game specifically as a forward.

Damn we missed Taylor Adams today.

And most of this year tbh.

If you think Frampton would have been the solution to our problems today, you obviously haven't watched enough of Frampton this year. He's basically VFL standard. All the Adelaide people could have told you that.
Nothing was our solution today. We may have lost by a goal less perhaps.
I question selectors most weeks this year.

Not to worry, draft picks are over-rated /hit n miss beyond pick 2, so we’ll increasingly shop in the SSP basket (..‘ahead’ of the curve)!

I went to the game today and let me tell you, you can go on as much as you like about what Shultz is meant to offer. But Ginnivan made us look pathetic. How many did he get, 31 possessions? Nice. Tell me more.

Ginni got himself effectively sacked from Collingwood for acting like a selfish flog and going MIA in the Finals series.

Schultz is a good player who really wanted to play for us. It’s not his fault that our list managers paid too much, as they always seem to do.

Both sets of circumstances are entirely unrelated. We did not trade Ginni for Schultz.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back