Preview Round 2, 2019: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 31 March 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morrison debuted final round of '17 when we missed finals though....
yes but he was debuted when he could only play the one game
even if you discount that Heatherley and Harwdick got 1 game debut's in the traditional sense

I'm not saying Scrimshaw will get dropped, just that he's not guaranteed to get at least two games based on some policy

MCG predicting just under 40k for this match, I would anticipate that there will be another 5-7k turn up if Scully is name... Given the weather will be ok I am tipping 44-45k

I’m all for bringing our new gen through ASAP. Scrimshaw needs game time and should stay, but his fitness could hurt us in this one. Lewis would go well against the Doggies I reckon.

Maybe a little rotation strategy for the older guys? If Scully comes in give Burgoyne a rest, he wasn’t at his best last week.

I’m all for bringing our new gen through ASAP. Scrimshaw needs game time and should stay, but his fitness could hurt us in this one. Lewis would go well against the Doggies I reckon.

Maybe a little rotation strategy for the older guys? If Scully comes in give Burgoyne a rest, he wasn’t at his best last week.

This is why I think it's important to keep multi-positional players in the team like Hendo and Burgoyne. Both those guys are utilities that can slot in pretty much anywhere and rotate with Scrimshaw. I think with the doggies being rather small it will Mirra that loses his spot for Scully.

MCG predicting just under 40k for this match, I would anticipate that there will be another 5-7k turn up if Scully is name... Given the weather will be ok I am tipping 44-45k

I don’t think Scully is the type of player that would bring people to the game, Wingard on the other hand is. A bit like Rioli in a way Wingard is a huge marquee player. I hope he’s named.

I don’t think Scully is the type of player that would bring people to the game, Wingard on the other hand is. A bit like Rioli in a way Wingard is a huge marquee player. I hope he’s named.

Agree... But I think plenty of Hawk supporters would turn out for Scully, he has become almost like a cult figure already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They rocked up to the 2016 SF I can tell you that, I reckon they outnumbered us that night.

Anyone but Hawthorn was all the rage in 2016.

That said Footscray was bambi in 2016. They were everyone’s second team.

...including the umpires. Attending the 2016 Grand Final, as a neutral, was probably the most lopsided umpire display in league history.

That said Sydney is Sydney :)

They rocked up to the 2016 SF I can tell you that, I reckon they outnumbered us that night.
I reckon there were more supporters of other clubs there just hoping we lost than dogs supporters.

never seen so many "neutrals" in AFL members all cheering the one way and on the way home there were heaps of non doggies gloating that they were there to see the end of evil Hawthorn

I reckon there were more supporters of other clubs there just hoping we lost than dogs supporters.

never seen so many "neutrals" in AFL members all cheering the one way and on the way home there were heaps of non doggies gloating that they were there to see the end of evil Hawthorn

Yeah I do agree 100% with that, no way known the Dogs could have that many legit fans actually show up.

A who's who of who the feck are they.

Cool with that.
Just ask a Port supporter, they all hate him

445058-tlslargeportrait.jpg

By the way, that's not a mike you can see bulging through his tee, that's a wad of cash (I suspect from Luke Shuey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back