Preview Round 2, 2019 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone washes their hands and we avoid the annual North Melbourne Gastro, we should be in with a shot.

There's a thought - we should avoid eating kangaroo steaks this week and stick to solid LION food like antelope, zebra and people.

Kangaroo Buffet at Marvel Stadium Sunday arvo :)

How good was Saturday night!

Loved that:

• Berry, McClug, and Mathieson were just as influential as Neale, Lyons, and Zorks
  • Hipwood and McStay kept McGovern and Barrass from taking many intercepts
  • Hipwood and McStay brought the ball to ground; creating opportunities for our smalls
  • Our smalls such as McCarthy, Cameron were so electric
  • Our back six were again magnificent
  • The roar was back among the crowd
  • There’s a lot of room for improvement
  • We knocked off the Premiers with the league’s second-youngest list!!
I would feel like it was half undone unless we frank that brilliant victory with another win against North Melbourne who, if the MRP is serious about getting punching out of the game, should be without Ben Cunnington.

Last edited:
If we make a change it could be hodge for Christo, Cox or Robertson if available. But cant see us changing much. Everyone done plenty to keep their spot.

^ I tend to agree. Hodge (or Walker) for a running player. we always have the option of switching McStay back if an issue pops up during the game.

I don't think that change will happen though.

I didn't watch the game in full say most of last quarter live and most of 2nd quarter. Hodge's pace was exposed a few times, but the 2-3 times his pace being exposed each game is probably outweighed by the number of times his game smarts win him a contest individually let alone the additional net positive of his organisation of the backline and team defence.

Hoping to see a mature lions side that is competitive out of the gates and that has not gotten ahead of itself after a nice win on the weekend. North not an easy opponent so a win would be huge.

Conditions should also be ok with a top of 18 and partly cloudy, which depending on whether the roof is open may or may not be a factor.
Really hope its shut. I hate going (or watching on tv) to daytime games with the roof open. The change from sun to shade is terrible there.

I'm not taking any notice of our recent records against teams. This is a new era. I think we will win but it will be pretty close.
I tend to agree with you , things change.
Last year it felt we gave the Saints, Melbourne too much credit and respect, which was based on the previous year and expectations.
This year we finally believe we can win and earned that belief with years of hard work.
Nth are going to be under immense pressure to perform.
A bad start for them and that pressure could explode.
The boys will smell blood .
Saying all of that , you would think Nth will bring that on field aggression and attack on the footy, so expecting a hard battle, with a few more ump calls going their way, if we win it's another epic victory.
close one.
Lions by 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win on the weekend guys. Really enjoyed watching your game.

Polar opposite on Sunday night. One of the longest games of football of my life.

After witnessing that I can't even imagine us getting anywhere near you next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Your rebound from week 18 to week 19 last year ought to be a warning for anyone writing you guys off completely.

Hey Dylan12, just in case the wheels fall off this week, I have booked two rooms at a psychiatric care facility near the Docklands Stadium. If we get thrashed, I’ll be using one and you are free to use the other.

Hey Dylan12, just in case the wheels fall off this week, I have booked two rooms at a psychiatric care facility near the Docklands Stadium. If we get thrashed, I’ll be using one and you are free to use the other.

I've googled this and nowhere can i find a pub with the name psychiatric care facility anywhere near docklands. Stop speaking in code man!! ;)

FYI, the last time the Lions went 2-0 to start the season was 2010 (the Fev season), after defeating West Coast (!) by 32 and Carlton by 19, both at the Gabba.

Daniel Rich is the only surviving Brisbane player.

Lions is gonna beat North very easily.
Should think about the percentage instead of victory. It's bonus stage for you guys.

I've googled this and nowhere can i find a pub with the name psychiatric care facility anywhere near docklands. Stop speaking in code man!! ;)
Try googling - "Psychiatric Care Facility Tavern" or "Psychiatric Care Facility Arms"

Lions is gonna beat North very easily.
Should think about the percentage instead of victory. It's bonus stage for you guys.

I think you’re selling your club a little short there. You still have some quality players that proved last season that you can push for finals. Not many of us are taking next week as a already won game.

Cunnington is a huge out for them, he was top 10 for clearances last year. We really should towel them up around the stoppages going off our midfield form. We now have two top 10 clearance players from last year in Neale and Lyons and you can already see how much of a difference they are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back