Preview Round 2, 2019 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will win and win convincingly by the way. Round 3 against port is the real barometer. Believe they hype we’re playing finals this year
Who should we believe?
The Billy from this week?
Or, the Billy from a Month ago?

I'm quietly confident we'll walk away with another 5 to 6 goal win.

My only concern (and it's my concern every week) is Rich being exposed in defence. I know a lot of people rated Rich's game on the weekend. I didn't.

I'd also like to see us be a bit more attacking on kick ins. The kicks ins to the back pocket were doing my head in. You can run out of goal square now, Rich or Witherden should be able to deliver the ball to the centre square or almost the interchange bench.

My only concern (and it's my concern every week) is Rich being exposed in defence. I know a lot of people rated Rich's game on the weekend. I didn't.

I'd also like to see us be a bit more attacking on kick ins. The kicks ins to the back pocket were doing my head in. You can run out of goal square now, Rich or Witherden should be able to deliver the ball to the centre square or almost the interchange bench.

Haven’t seen too many teams using this as the norm?

So much more exposed kicking down the centre though.

Late in games and behind? Most definitely!

I thought Rich had a great game, both defensively and offensively, with one glaring mistake!

Rich has improved dramatically defensively. Works the zone well and puts his body on the line. He big thing is working his offensive game back into his new role. If last weeks game was anything to go by dan has found the balance between offence and defence.

Another 21 games like that and he’s a lock for AA.

Rich has improved dramatically defensively. Works the zone well and puts his body on the line. He big thing is working his offensive game back into his new role. If last weeks game was anything to go by dan has found the balance between offence and defence.

Another 21 games like that and he’s a lock for AA.
He wasn't even in Team of the Week. I doubt he will be AA (if he were to do that every week). Rekon there are better players in AA team for back pocket

Not if you've followed their board this year and for a fair part of last year. A lot of their posters have been arguing for Brad's removal for some time.

I understand their pain as the team has been mid-table for a few years but that sort of backs up my point I think. It's a bit of an age-old debate about rebuilding vs staying competitive. North has stayed competitive which is understandable for a club of their type. I think they do a good job overall and any win against them is well-earned. Their supporters and most supporters are a bit crazy if they think a change of coach will massively improve their fortunes IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand their pain as the team has been mid-table for a few years but that sort of backs up my point I think. It's a bit of an age-old debate about rebuilding vs staying competitive. North has stayed competitive which is understandable for a club of their type. I think they do a good job overall and any win against them is well-earned. Their supporters and most supporters are a bit crazy if they think a change of coach will massively improve their fortunes IMO.

It's where the Lions were with Brown. Mid table and pick 7 every year, pick 5 if we're lucky. You need those top end elite talents to challenge for a flag. North would do well long term to bottom out for a few years

Rich registered 3 coaches votes didn’t he? At least one of the head coaches thought he was amongst the best five players on the ground. That’s not to say there’s not scope for disagreement but interesting not to rate it at all.

Even though McCarthy and Charles were the goal kickers, Rayner still had five shots for two goals last week. It’s great that these three plus Zorko, Hipwood and McStay are all easily capable of kicking multiple goals week in, week out.

North Melbourne beat us last year out of the midfield. With out more experienced midfield and the fact that we outclass them at each end of the ground means we should be getting the win on Sunday.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The centreing kick to Rayner in the third quarter was sublime
Yep agree, that was beautiful and one of the best pieces of play so far in his career. Needs to lower the eyes like that more often.

His kicking is a little inconsistent in my opinion, tends to give the ball a lot of air or kick long to a 50-50 a lot. He will improve though. He's got plenty of other tricks.

We will win and win convincingly by the way. Round 3 against port is the real barometer. Believe they hype we’re playing finals this year

#realitycheck

I’m looking at their list and honestly not seeing any areas they’re better than us at. Obviously Ben Brown is an elite player, although nothing Lord Harris can’t handle. There’s the Cunnington/Higgins duo although our recruiting and midfield development should equalise if not better their efforts. I just see a Backline for them that is going to hate Charlie Cameron/Lincoln ‘god’ McCarthy. That’s not even mentioning Hipwood and Rayner converting more opportunities up forward.

Overall I’m hoping for a 30-50 pt lions win, a close game will frustrate me although with our start and loss could be hard to handle... then again people predicted us losing our few games early so 1-1 is better than most predicted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the go with Charles/Charlie. Is it Charles now? Would hate to offend if he wants to be called Charles.

On Charles Cameron, I hope they close the roof. No one will catch him. I’d slot him in for 5. Who ever said it was correct about non of there small defenders having a shade on our small forwards. If the ball can be brought to ground, we will score.

It will be a long afternoon for North Melbourne. Also expecting no team changes today. Enjoyed the balance of last weeks team

I hope the players arn't feeling as confident as we are lol. Round 1 was upside down and all around. I go in hopeful, but Marvel is a new challange and historically, they have us in their back pocket, big challange this Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back