Preview Round 2 - Port Adelaide vs West Coast @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

If we loose to West Coast this week, it's all over and I will be spewing we didn't tank last season like the rest of the teams because I will certainly see no benefit to finishing 10th that's for sure!

I will spit chips if any of Irons, Pittard or O'Shea are dropped this week in favour of senior citizens.

I would normally agree with you, But it would only be IF D Stewert could take a contested mark and kick a bag full of goals. But he cant at the moment, wont at the moment.
Need some like chad or motlop for 1 on 1s etc

I will spit chips if any of Irons, Pittard or O'Shea are dropped this week in favour of senior citizens.

I would normally agree with you, But it would only be IF D Stewert could take a contested mark and kick a bad full of goals. But he cant at the moment, wont at the moment.

I would normally agree with you, But it would only be IF D Stewert could take a contested mark and kick a bad full of goals. But he cant at the moment, wont at the moment.

You can't base this on the first game of the season, pre season daniel was very good.

I agree. But i havent been one of the people singing his praises from last year.
I dont think he has shown enough last year included to be getting the praise he has.
Now in no way am i saying he is a watse of time etc but hes developing and isnt ready to be a domante forward like schulz can be etc.
And without a domante forward like schulz who do we have?
Who is a kp forward that will kick us a bag of goals or enough now to win a game?

Westhoff?
D Stewert? i believe he is only a goal a game at the mo.

Great write up Macc19.
All the best for the game and the season.
Players for Port who always seem to hurt us are:Small fwd's eg Hitchcock and Pearce.
I,m hoping for a nice tight contest and a close win for us but in reality I think you guys will get the points.
Enjoy:thumbsu:

West Coast is light on in defensive key positions and vulnerable behind Glass. Once more it'll have nothing to do with our forwards if the midfield continues to serve up the inconsistent drivel it has for the last 3 years.

This is a perfect game to keep the kids in and let them have at it against the 2010 wooden spooners. West Coast just beat a North Melbourne side with 8 of their best 22 out and no recognized ruckman. Dean Cox will not dominate Dean Brogan.

The good news is, we're not going to come up against Collingwood away from home every week = not as much pressure on the forwards, nowhere near as much adversity on our midfield.

Stewart's last month of 2010 was very promising and he's had a solid preseason.

The last thing we need to do is panic and yank him now.

Port has had the wood on West Coast at AAMI Stadium for years. West Coast have only won the once against Port Adelaide here, way back in 1998 and even that was by under a kick after Darryl Poole hit the post with a tough shot from near the boundary with 30 seconds left. Otherwise, we have always played well against West Coast here, even in our poor years we've still found an extra yard to get over the top of them. We beat the comfortably in their premiership year with a young Pearce dominating and Shaun Burgoyne playing close to the perfect game of football. We came from behind to beat them in a close final in 2007. We had our first 100 point victory over them in 2001. This is a game the club expects to win, though some would say West Coast are due...

Wow, that was a pretty impressive writeup, very in depth about us. :thumbsu:

How come you spent so much time on us and not about your side apart from key matchups? Don't tell me, you didn't want to give a way any club secrets.;)

One thing I would like to point out is the last time we played you at home late last season, anyone remember that score?:D

You guys should win this one, you played well in the third quarter v Pies and realistically not many in your team would have expected a win against the riegning premiers, more hoping for a good close game. Now this week every player will be expecting to beat the Eagles and be pretty desperate to get that first win on the board.

I expect the Eagles may struggle after the extreme heat and hard running game especially with only two on the bench in the end and losing Le Cras.

My head says Port by 3 > 4 goals my heart says Eagles by less than a goal.

Good luck on the injury front this week, too many guns went down last week.:thumbsu:

I see that Darling guy for West Coast kicked a couple of goals last week, surely it can not be the same one we passed up on at LAST years draft?

This ones playing AFL NOW... has not even had a game in the WAFL reserves yet:eek:.

Plus hes a Key Position type player, all our Big Footy experts on the Port board will tell you they take about 200 years before they even look like playing AFL (Butcher example)

Thank God we passed up on him...he looks to Physically fit and injury free to be on out list
AND HES NOT EVEN A FLANKER!!!!!:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we take pittard or Jacobs over darling?

If it was Pittard, meh. Pittard looked awesome on saturday. Jacobs also sounds pretty handy.

If it was Pittard, meh. Pittard looked awesome on saturday. Jacobs also sounds pretty handy.

Pittard was in the previous draft, jacobs was at 16, darling at 26 then we had our next pick at 35

Pittard was in the previous draft, jacobs was at 16, darling at 26 then we had our next pick at 35

Would've been nice to have a forward to maybe take the pressure off Butcher from being "The Great Hope" but alas it's in the past and Jacobs and co will all be quality.

We took Jacobs and i have a lot of hope for him as he is one of our better picks lately.

The point is how some clowns on here make excuses for the club, almost like they hold some sort of position down there.
They put up all this take years to develop, he Gunna be a gun double talk... needs time to learn his trade 5 years at least and you have this kid who has been at West Coast 5 minutes playing now.
Oh yes they say he has a AFL ready body so that's why his playing while we draft players that have a body ready for a disability pension.:thumbsu:
But just you wait and see Moore and Butcher are gonna be guns....Don't you worry about that:rolleyes:

*Sigh* Remember the days when we could chalk this game up as an easy win? Now the games that should be easy are listed as 'danger' games or 50/50, the games that SHOULD be 50/50 are labled as difficult and the games that are hard (like Collingwood) are labled impossible.

Primus says we need to be more humble. I really hope he isn't going the other way with the 'arrogance' we displayed against North Melbourne in the 2007 prelim and neutering us to the point where games like this are over analysed and stressed about to the point where the players don't play their natural style and go into their shells once the other team gets a run of the play.

I expect a win. Comparing both lists, even with Schulz out, we should be assured of that...especially because its at home. If we lose, it won't be for any other reason than the team didn't want it enough, and that should sound alarm bells for Primus' tenure.

And FFS, if we at any stage have our foot on their throat, crush their windpipe! Don't let them get a respectable total, cheap goals...NONE of that! Don't rub it in with wild gestures, "TV" Henderson goal celebrations - just let the scoreboard do the talking.

Thought I'd drop by and mention that even though I don't support either side, I still read that review and found it extremely insightful. Top stuff!

Though Cox was instrumental in giving West Coast first use of the ball against North, you have to remember he was up against a first gamer Pedersen who he also has 10cm on. He'll have a tougher time this week up against Brogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 2 - Port Adelaide vs West Coast @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back