Preview Round 2 - Port Adelaide vs West Coast @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

As sure as night and day we will beat the eagles

Pretty confident 50 down on 49.5 point margin:thumbsu:

Eagles didn't play well last week they played a very undermanned Roos side and only beat them by 4 points (at home) And roos had no ruckmen our loss while a hiding to nothing to me was different then the hidings we copped before

Us by 103 points

Bout as just as much chance that happening than getting more than 30k at aami tomorrow. No chance. 103 points? We barely have a goal kicker..

On paper Goals look hard to find with this set up... maybe around 14 ? West Coast not normally a high rolling team when it comes to scoring so that might help.
Toss of the coin job for me
We should win but :confused:

On paper Goals look hard to find with this set up... maybe around 14 ? West Coast not normally a high rolling team when it comes to scoring so that might help.
Toss of the coin job for me
We should win but :confused:

Doesn't help that one of our more likely goal-kicking midfielders in Salopek is injured.

Boak, Pearce, Rodan all need huge games.

Doesn't help that one of our more likely goal-kicking midfielders in Salopek is injured.

Boak, Pearce, Rodan all need huge games.
That's the key this week for sure, they also need to boot around 6 goals between them...I was there the last time they beat us with Cuz kicking that lucky goal out of the pocket from a kick into the man on the mark.
Gee that's going back a bit must be around 98?:eek:

Do you remember our last day of celebration where we played an 0-9 team?

Glad someone else remembered this. Our current players are not the most reliable when it comes to rising for a big occasion.

The WCE side looks as good, if not better, than ours on paper - simple as that. We have a tendency to over-rate our players, just as they would over-rate many of theirs.

The biggest thing in our favour this week, is the home ground advantage, but as we found out late last year, the Eagles are capable of giving us a fright at home.

For us to have a day out, Boak, Pearce, Rodan and Gray need to bring their A-games and our tall defenders have to do a job on their big guys. This is the biggest unknown for me, as Kennedy has kicked goals on us in the recent past and seems to like to play on Carlile. Natanui also dominated patches of the two games we played them in last year.

The WCE side looks as good, if not better, than ours on paper - simple as that. We have a tendency to over-rate our players, just as they would over-rate many of theirs.

We tend to overrate Shuey, Naitanui and Hams.

The rest don't get much love, and a few (Nicoski, Lynch, Adam Selwood, Priddis...) have their fair share of critics.

Apart from the fact that you beat us more often than not I enjoy playing Port as your games are rarely on TV over here. I was overseas for the majority of last season too so there are a number of players in your side I've never seen. Should be good.:thumbsu:

Glad someone else remembered this. Our current players are not the most reliable when it comes to rising for a big occasion.

The biggest thing in our favour this week, is the home ground advantage, but as we found out late last year, the Eagles are capable of giving us a fright at home.

For us to have a day out, Boak, Pearce, Rodan and Gray need to bring their A-games and our tall defenders have to do a job on their big guys. This is the biggest unknown for me, as Kennedy has kicked goals on us in the recent past and seems to like to play on Carlile. Natanui also dominated patches of the two games we played them in last year.

Seriously if this our attitude towards wce who do our supporters think we can beat....

We barely have a goal kicker..

This actually strikes me as the sort of game and conditions where Dan Stewart could kick 5 if he works hard, roams and sticks his marks like he's capable of.

I see Cornes playing up the ground as more of a tall flanker and Westhoff, well, Hoffing it up here and there.

Stewart can arrive today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are playing the eagles at home.....they are our bitches...last years wooden spooners who have lost their best player............remind me again why I should be worried....:confused:

Because in recent years the power seem to have a habit of losing "winnable" games on big occasions

This team is too young and too inconsistent to put any win in pen before we've earned it

Respect the eagles because they will see us as a possible win also - they will be hungry and we must treat them with the same respect we would treat collingwood

I am an AAMI Stadium member, I was thinking about getting to the game at about 12:30-1ish so I can watch the last half of the Port Adelaide (SANFL) game, will I be able to get in like I normally would?

Seriously if this our attitude towards wce who do our supporters think we can beat....

With respect, what has our club shown in the last three years for us to be confident of winning any match? Weve lost numerous games from 20-30-40 points up AT HOME in the last few years, lost to winless teams, lost to injury riddled teams.

Personally I dont feel the right to assume we are a sure thing until we prove we can win the games we should on a regular basis.

It's all part of our new humble outlook. Is it ok if we beat you? No? OK sorry for asking just thought I would check.

Looking forward to this but still would expect you blokes to win at home.

My only question is why no newspaper or other media outlet can produce as good a preview of a game as the one by Macca19? Seriously, people wonder why newspapers are dying in the arse.

Looking forward to this but still would expect you blokes to win at home.

My only question is why no newspaper or other media outlet can produce as good a preview of a game as the one by Macca19? Seriously, people wonder why newspapers are dying in the arse.
To be honest i only thought people over 60 buy papers now, you can get most of what you want to know online without the B.S.

Bout as just as much chance that happening than getting more than 30k at aami tomorrow. No chance. 103 points? We barely have a goal kicker..

I have a feeling someone is going to be eating their words today.

With respect, what has our club shown in the last three years for us to be confident of winning any match? Weve lost numerous games from 20-30-40 points up AT HOME in the last few years, lost to winless teams, lost to injury riddled teams.

Personally I dont feel the right to assume we are a sure thing until we prove we can win the games we should on a regular basis.

Yeah maybe me being a perth lad I hate the eagles...it's my derby :D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 2 - Port Adelaide vs West Coast @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back