Game Day Round 2: Prison Bars @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrested-development-jason-bateman.gif

A quarter of being smashed in ground level and aerial contests. Slaughtered.

Our backs leaked like sieves and our mids were uncompetitive.

Dixon about the only one who can hold his head up. Lycett ok in ruck contests but smashed in marking situations.

This will be a shellacking.

They’re just much, much, much better. Their defence especially is much more organised and disciplined. Ours just go to the drop of the ball like bees to honey instead of keeping structure.

I am comforted by the fact I would be a better coach than Hinkley because everything I said we should prepare for, has happened.

Great choice not bringing in a tall defender as usual.

So we still haven’t learnt how to stop teams when they get a run on. Another Hinkley Trademark. Getting killed in the contested ball. And in the marking contests. And sticking tackles. The whole backline and midfield need a rocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty even quarter except for the plethora of goals from frees that were 50/50 at a stretch. HTBs several times when there was no prior. High when tackles were shrugged, etc. Absolutely murdered by the umps.

Don't usually whinge about umps. In fact it is super rare, but they had a huge impact on that term.

We still have the issues we expected, we can't handle pressure, fumbling everywhere. We concede goals with ease. And Lycetts is getting a bath.

Really need the midfield to get something going here because our defence is not capable of holding up. We'll need to score big to win this.

Lot of surge and outnumber from the Pies.

Making hard for our defenders who aren’t great without the pressure coming from higher up.

Clearance and turnover battle going ok but they are moving forward so much better.

Really need to start dominating the midfield by more or we’ll have to change the way we’re playing significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back