Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 22, 2024 vs Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of us know what is going to happen, and how us supporters barrack for wins or losses has no bearing on results. Although, maybe the argument is that those that booed after the Brisbane game might've saved Hinkley as that loss seemed to wake them up as our results have been quite good since then.
They were still asleep the week after against St Kilda. St Kilda though were a carcass, everyone else including North would have beaten us that day.

Gold Coast game we just needed to be competent but we kept getting in each others way. Looked like they threw that game.

Dogs, Carlton, Sydney games great. Richmond game we got the job done to a decent enough standard.

Marshall as sub would be weird.

1. We are assuming he's fit. Maybe he's ok and we'll ease him into it with a quarter of a game I'm sure not even Port would do something that dumb.

2. If he's ready to go you either back him in to get the job done or give him a couple of sanfl games get his confidence up?

3. You need a sub it's far more likely to be a mid that's been injured and a mid that needs to be replaced and if it's not a mid then you bring in an extra mid anyway and strengthen the midfield to cover the loss of a defender or forward.

I haven't seen much praise for Ollie his last 2 weeks have been amazing and a huge reason for our teams form reversal.

Absolute unit who literally rips the ball out of his opponents arms

I’ve noticed & thought he was BOG against Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I heard woohoo guy in the crowd is travelling to Melbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They were still asleep the week after against St Kilda. St Kilda though were a carcass, everyone else including North would have beaten us that day.

Gold Coast game we just needed to be competent but we kept getting in each others way. Looked like they threw that game.

Dogs, Carlton, Sydney games great. Richmond game we got the job done to a decent enough standard.
I think St kilda's results post that game suggest that win wasn't as awful as it was made out to be.

The GC game sucked but didn't help that we had 2 players get subbed out in the first quarter and the umps let GC get away with cheap shots all game.

Richmond game played out like most Richmond games where they are competitive for a half and then get blown away, the margin in the end could've been much more if we could kick straight (similar to round 1 v west coast).

You're getting in to an esoteric question of what even is a CHF (or any non-ruck position really) these days. But I can't recall him ever starting a CB at true CHF position. George and Rat seemed to be taking up position there a bit IIRC.
The Hornet just seemed to be the main conduit to get the ball into the forward line, that kind of CHF, around the middle of the F50.

If Marshall is in for Evans I don’t think it would change much. Evans has been ok the last few weeks but he is no quicker than Marshall and Marshall is a better user of the ball.
Just tell Marshall to stay away from the other 3 talls.

I’ve always been a big fan of hot Toddy but you’d be hard pressed to change that lineup.
Surely you reward that effort by going in unchanged
Four weeks: with such a long time any player would come back via the SANFL where is was good enough for Rioli

Well that could be ok - I gather they will start to rest Dixon at some point - depends if we will have a 90 point lead at half time or something.
For the last month Dixon has been rated the second best forward in the comp

Lol, so preferring and getting enjoyment from wins as opposed to losses and not drowning in negativity 24/7 equates to being a Hinkley fanboy now.

Would you rub it in, or not? I think we both no what the answer is. Not that I'd blame you at all.

Marshall as sub would be weird.

1. We are assuming he's fit. Maybe he's ok and we'll ease him into it with a quarter of a game I'm sure not even Port would do something that dumb.

2. If he's ready to go you either back him in to get the job done or give him a couple of sanfl games get his confidence up?

3. You need a sub it's far more likely to be a mid that's been injured and a mid that needs to be replaced and if it's not a mid then you bring in an extra mid anyway and strengthen the midfield to cover the loss of a defender or forward.
No way is he the sub this week where he needs to build his confidence in the SANFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think St kilda's results post that game suggest that win wasn't as awful as it was made out to be.

The GC game sucked but didn't help that we had 2 players get subbed out in the first quarter and the umps let GC get away with cheap shots all game.

Richmond game played out like most Richmond games where they are competitive for a half and then get blown away, the margin in the end could've been much more if we could kick straight (similar to round 1 v west coast).

And somehow JHF was the monster in that game.

I would like to see someone else get a run as sub (not McEntee).

I don't expect them to go a rookie this late in the season but I would like to see Hugh Jackson have a crack, especially if he can come on later in a game with fresh legs.

For me and most people, we are in a win-win situation. We keep on winning; we’re one step closer to the premiership; we lose, and old Kenny bumpkin head is cannoned out of Alberton.

It's very easy from here for us to get into a situation where we say, "honourably" lose to Brisbane in a prelim, and then we're a string of wins next year away from an extension.

I think the most likely outcome is that he's not here next year but it's miles away from being settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back