Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

McClean and Redden underperforming more expensive players

Dow, Rayner and Brayshaw the concerns in rookies. Dow looked lost Thursday and Brisbanes supply forward was always going to be an issue for Rayner.

Not sure who to get. Redden might be ok for two weeks until Zerrett drops.

I didn't watch Geelong. How did Tim Kelly look. 81 good for a rookie.

Being at the game, he was very inside as amongst the ball. Looks like a natural, well worth the pick if this is how he will play. Just have to factor in Danger coming back too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McClean and Redden underperforming more expensive players

Dow, Rayner and Brayshaw the concerns in rookies. Dow looked lost Thursday and Brisbanes supply forward was always going to be an issue for Rayner.

Not sure who to get. Redden might be ok for two weeks until Zerrett drops.

I didn't watch Geelong. How did Tim Kelly look. 81 good for a rookie.
Thought he looked a cracking player. Would not surprise me if he played every game this season even with Cats inclusions to come. Was absolute class

Is it dangerous bringing in Cogs or Kelly when I already have Whitfield in the mids?
Hoping he gets dpp in rd 6 which will put him down back but even so.

Having two even three from the same team is fine. Your only consideration is the bye round so as long as you don't have others sharing the GWS bye having Whitfield Kelly and Cogs is good. Can see them all scoring well. Plenty of possessions happening amongst GWS boys this year I think.

Will likely trade rookies based on whose playing, but wanting to trade out Christiensen and Rayner, anyone have any suggestions?

Fantasy.png

Having two even three from the same team is fine. Your only consideration is the bye round so as long as you don't have others sharing the GWS bye having Whitfield Kelly and Cogs is good. Can see them all scoring well. Plenty of possessions happening amongst GWS boys this year I think.
It's a tough one in that case.
Go with Parker or pull the trigger on most likely Cogs.

Libba to Cripps
Weitering to Bonner.

Anyone have any argument on keeping Weitering, remember during the game someone saying weitering looks like Joey from friends and was playing like him too. looked slow.
I have Zerrett but will hold. But maybe should trade him out and keep Weitering for now....

azhoc0.jpg

Thoughts on Zerrett > Coniglio and MOC > Guthrie if MOC isn't named this week?
What about bringing Nic Nat in for Goldstein?

Thoughts on:

Zerrett > Crouch

Weitering > Bonner

What do people with Bonner can average this year?
He can average 90 IMO until Broadbent and Pittard are back. When they return, who knows what will happen. His role right now is brilliant and the reason I picked him up is because of his role and how he looked against the Crows in JLT2.

Few tips for those looking to trade this week:

Ignore some of the scores from GWS on the weekend. I watched that game and the Dogs were hopeless. With Libba gone and any of them barely laying a tackle, every player at GWS was getting way more touches than they usually would. Coniglio and Kelly can rack them up no doubt, but when you have Kelly, Coniglio, Greene, Cameron, Whitfield, Taranto, Shiel, Shaw all close to a ton or over and Tomlinson and Ward 85+, you know it's a bit lopsided. Possession count 437 to 347 is extremely lopsided too.

Don't go too quickly on players like Brayshaw, Fyfe and Banfield. Their entire midfield bar Neale was completely shown up by Port and that shouldn't happen every week. They play Essendon this week and I think they all should improve, given Essendon's lack of pressure and more fast paced play that allows high possession for the opposition.

If you have Rocky, get rid of him. He'll lose cash, and fast. He's had no pre-season and is still recovering from injuries, so will play predominantly forward. Dump and pick up after the bye at a nice cheap price.

Wait on players like Acres with bad JS. Richardson has stated that 'Dunstan will push out one of Steele or Acres, if he returns.'

Gold Coast player's scores were amplified in the wet due to the high tackling style that the weather brings about (think Rayner from JLT 2). Minus around 4-5 tackles off their score (20 points or so) and that should be a more realistic example of their score. E.g. Aaron Young 112 and 9 tackles, would usually be around 90 or so. Darcy McPherson 97 and 9 tackles, closer to a 75 or so.

Give players like Westhoff, Caddy, Curnow, Taranto etc. another week to see if it's an anomaly or if they're the real deal. Better to pay that bit extra, rather than getting someone in on potential and then getting completely burned and wasting your trade.

Hope that helps :)

Ignore some of the scores from GWS on the weekend. I watched that game and the Dogs were hopeless. With Libba gone and any of them barely laying a tackle, every player at GWS was getting way more touches than they usually would. Coniglio and Kelly can rack them up no doubt, but when you have Kelly, Coniglio, Greene, Cameron, Whitfield, Taranto, Shiel, Shaw all close to a ton or over and Tomlinson and Ward 85+, you know it's a bit lopsided. Possession count 437 to 347 is extremely lopsided too.

Don't go too quickly on players like Brayshaw, Fyfe and Banfield. Their entire midfield bar Neale was completely shown up by Port and that shouldn't happen every week. They play Essendon this week and I think they all should improve, given Essendon's lack of pressure and more fast paced play that allows high possession for the opposition.

If you have Rocky, get rid of him. He'll lose cash, and fast. He's had no pre-season and is still recovering from injuries, so will play predominantly forward. Dump and pick up after the bye at a nice cheap price.

Wait on players like Acres with bad JS. Richardson has stated that 'Dunstan will push out one of Steele or Acres, if he returns.'

Gold Coast player's scores were amplified in the wet due to the high tackling style that the weather brings about (think Rayner from JLT 2). Minus around 4-5 tackles off their score (20 points or so) and that should be a more realistic example of their score. E.g. Aaron Young 112 and 9 tackles, would usually be around 90 or so. Darcy McPherson 97 and 9 tackles, closer to a 75 or so.

Give players like Westhoff, Caddy, Curnow, Taranto etc. another week to see if it's an anomaly or if they're the real deal. Better to pay that bit extra, rather than getting someone in on potential and then getting completely burned and wasting your trade.

Cheers for all of that. To add to that I wouldn't read too much into Rookie scores from GC or NM after the game they had. Some had numbers inflated by tackle count, while others couldn't get hold of the ball in the conditions.

Who do you reckon I should look to trade Libba out for? And do you reckon it's worth spending a trade to get English in? Have about 70k in the bank so might be able to manage to upgrade Libba to someone but would mean just doing a sideways or down rookie trade with the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This true? Had Acres most of pre season but bit the bullet and went with Hogan instead at the last minute. I think Acres is a star in the making and I personally would be surprised if Dunstan pushed him out. Acres is more outside than in and I feel Dunstan's strengths are inside ala Armitage/Steele. Didn't think Acres would come out in the fashion he did but he looked very good (although I suppose it was Brissy)

Any one got an opinion on cheap forwards?

I have Rayner, Christiansen and Stephenson and only Stephenson looked lively.
I need to get around 30k to move wietering to Bonner

Cheers for all of that. To add to that I wouldn't read too much into Rookie scores from GC or NM after the game they had. Some had numbers inflated by tackle count, while others couldn't get hold of the ball in the conditions.

Who do you reckon I should look to trade Libba out for? And do you reckon it's worth spending a trade to get English in? Have about 70k in the bank so might be able to manage to upgrade Libba to someone but would mean just doing a sideways or down rookie trade with the other.
Agreed, although Holman was brought in on tackling pressure, so I still think he can average around 70 or so which is still impressive.

I think you have bigger issues than English if you have Libba in your side. I would have to assume that you already have O'Meara if that hasn't been your first consideration, while Caddy, Petracca or Curnow (if you have Heeney or Trac already for DPP) could be a good choice if they keep it up. I'd have to see your side to know the best option to be honest

This true? Had Acres most of pre season but bit the bullet and went with Hogan instead at the last minute. I think Acres is a star in the making and I personally would be surprised if Dunstan pushed him out. Acres is more outside than in and I feel Dunstan's strengths are inside ala Armitage/Steele. Didn't think Acres would come out in the fashion he did but he looked very good (although I suppose it was Brissy)
Here's the article, just so you don't think I'm making shit up haha:

"It's a reflection of our depth, particularly through the midfield," said coach Alan Richardson.

"We expect him to go back (in the VFL) and perform well and put pressure on really soon.

"The reality is if anyone came out for him, it would have been a 23-year-old with 70 games - that's where we're at."

Richardson nominated Blake Acres or Jack Steele as the sort of player who would drop out if Dunstan was picked.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/saints-want-emerging-afl-players-to-fire

Awesome post, thanks mate!

I'm considering Young as a stepping stone, but I might go with Petracca instead. Trac played well as a mid resting forward against a good team. Over 80% game time is a plus; he was on 85 at 3QT and finished on 98, so tank still somewhat of an issue. I didn't see the GC-NM game, so can't comment on Young's performance.

Need to get rid of Ryder, Nic Nat seems the best option.
Other trades, could go Dow - Kelly.
Have both Ellis and Hibberd as D2 and D3, would be nice to trade one for Simpson, but my gut is telling me to stick with them.

Agreed, although Holman was brought in on tackling pressure, so I still think he can average around 70 or so which is still impressive.

I think you have bigger issues than English if you have Libba in your side. I would have to assume that you already have O'Meara if that hasn't been your first consideration, while Caddy, Petracca or Curnow (if you have Heeney or Trac already for DPP) could be a good choice if they keep it up. I'd have to see your side to know the best option to be honest

I would get JOM, but I'm paranoid about having him go down and turning that spot into a bit of a curse.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 6.21.01 pm.png

Dunno why the pic is so big, sorry. 60k in the bank.

Zerret > Cogs/Cripps (if not named)
McLean > Greene, Does anyone else believe Greene is going to have the best year of his career?

Or

Trelly > Omera for cash reasons, I'm not sold if Omera can keep this up yet especially scoring over Trelly.

I really want a solid D4 also McGrath or Bank but that may have to wait.
Treloar also annoyed me with his low ton, especially after taking out Coniglio for him! Having said that, think you have to keep Treloar if you started him. It would be a very luxurious trade to do

Treloar also annoyed me with his low ton, especially after taking out Coniglio for him! Having said that, think you have to keep Treloar if you started him. It would be a very luxurious trade to do
Yeah agreed, rule number one of round 2 is dont trade out premiums for any reason other than injury or suspension. If you picked them initially you believe that they would likely finish top 8 in their position, much better bringing in a missed rook as this will benefit you much more long term.

Rocky is the only real exception in this instance as his role will likely persist for the coming rounds at least and there are much better options at this very moment for the same price.

Yeah agreed, got bigger problems than Trelly but the Omera cash would be nice..

I think Trelly and Collingwoods mid's will do better this week.

Yeah agreed, got bigger problems than Trelly but the Omera cash would be nice..

I think Trelly and Collingwoods mid's will do better this week.
Trel needs to learn to take a mark! Seriously, I feel he gets burnt so much by his teammates. Or he needs to tackle like a beast like he did in jlt 2. He made fun of Titch getting cheap touches but he needs to learn from the Pig!

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back