Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Some rookie swaps (Benched to Starter):

Naughts <-> Doeds
Dow <-> Barry
Rayner <-> Fritsch

Trades:

Lycett -> NicNat (Should have gone NN like I had in my initial team)
Redden -> Holman

$390k Spare for next week

Might seem pretty reactionary, but I'm going for cash generation. Redden will lose money and Holman with a BE of -15 will make a shitload. If Holman pegs Redden in scores again, it'll pay off ten fold. Still pretty dirty I traded Cogs to Neale instead of JPK. I bled a lot of money last year through JPK, gave him a second chance and he's screwing me again. First chance I get, he's out.

Libba>Dom Barry or Coffield
Rayner>Taranto

Gonna bite the bullet, give Rocky 1 more week. Otherwise upgrade to Cripps next week.

if Rocky doesn't venture into the pig pen this week he's gonna be bacon.

Mathew Nicks interview on PAFC says Rocky will play a variety of roles?

Last edited:

Seems like the only decent rookie I missed was barry. Im still not sold on him, or perhaps Im being stubborn?

I could do Ben Jacobs -> Barry but I think id rather wait a week. I picked Jacobs for his JS which I really feel like Barry has none. He might be one bad game from being dropped never to return?

Of course Jacobs hardly pushing to stay in my team with a 37...
No idea what to do!

Is it too reactionary to downgrade Dow after 1 game?

Also have Andy Brayshaw so he should be in the gun just as much but think he can get better.

So far I’m playing switcharoo with Finalyson and Naughton. Fin to D4 and Naughton to emergency.

Currently starting Holman and benching Dow also.

NN was crazy given 54% TOG, what a beast.

Trade 1 is definitely Weitering to Simpson. I had the cash saved already to make that move.

Trade 2 is either Naughton -> Z Guthrie, or
Christensen/Rayner -> Fritch

I picked naughton for JS but don't think he'll be generating a heap of cash any time soon. If Coffield is named I think I'll defnitely go naughton -> coffield, but instead I think guthrie is a decent option.

Gonna give Christensen one more week and re-arranged things so Langdon is brought in as a solid bench rook, Fritsch is on field and Lobb is out. Bonner is in and Doedee then goes to the pine which means useless Lachlan Murphy is out. Brayshaw is on field for one last shot in what I hope will be a better game, but is on thin ice. Pretty happy with all that. Team looking like this right now, could change to Z Guthrie instead if I want to pocket the cash for future trades:

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 7.35.30 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would get JOM, but I'm paranoid about having him go down and turning that spot into a bit of a curse.

View attachment 475133

Dunno why the pic is so big, sorry. 60k in the bank.

Haha all good. Alright so, my reckoning here is that you have the following options:

1. As said, go from Libba to O'Meara as a straight swap
2. Use your DPP to switch Heeney to the midfield and put Petracca, Curnow, Young etc. in the forward line (my preferred option would be Petracca given his guaranteed midfield time with Viney out)
3. Downgrade to Holman, use the cash elsewhere to upgrade from say Naughton to McGrath, Sicily or similar
4. Downgrade Naughton to Murphy or Fogarty to Venables and then use your extra 80K (plus 60K from kitty) to upgrade Libba to say, Toby McLean.

Out of all those, the safest option I would say is the Petracca option, given that he's a safe 75-80 or so and can go bigger than that if his midfield time increases. The second option I would go with is option 3, Holman on field and Sicily or McGrath up back. Then I'd look at O'Meara (as you're not comfortable with him). His option would be higher if he's someone you wanted. Lastly, look at the upgrade, but be wary as that Bulldogs midfield rotates so much. Should help with Libba going down, but wouldn't overly recommend it if you wanted that stability.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Haha all good. Alright so, my reckoning here is that you have the following options:

1. As said, go from Libba to O'Meara as a straight swap
2. Use your DPP to switch Heeney to the midfield and put Petracca, Curnow, Young etc. in the forward line (my preferred option would be Petracca given his guaranteed midfield time with Viney out)
3. Downgrade to Holman, use the cash elsewhere to upgrade from say Naughton to McGrath, Sicily or similar
4. Downgrade Naughton to Murphy or Fogarty to Venables and then use your extra 80K (plus 60K from kitty) to upgrade Libba to say, Toby McLean.

Out of all those, the safest option I would say is the Petracca option, given that he's a safe 75-80 or so and can go bigger than that if his midfield time increases. The second option I would go with is option 3, Holman on field and Sicily or McGrath up back. Then I'd look at O'Meara (as you're not comfortable with him). His option would be higher if he's someone you wanted. Lastly, look at the upgrade, but be wary as that Bulldogs midfield rotates so much. Should help with Libba going down, but wouldn't overly recommend it if you wanted that stability.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Brilliant, thanks mate that does help. I know I should just go JOM and that seems so straight forward, but I could just imagine him doing a knee or a hammy in the next few weeks and then me having to trade that spot again. A bit paranoid/superstitious of me I know, but I have had 'slots' in the past that have become cursed where I keep having to replace injured players.

Few tips for those looking to trade this week:

Ignore some of the scores from GWS on the weekend. I watched that game and the Dogs were hopeless. With Libba gone and any of them barely laying a tackle, every player at GWS was getting way more touches than they usually would. Coniglio and Kelly can rack them up no doubt, but when you have Kelly, Coniglio, Greene, Cameron, Whitfield, Taranto, Shiel, Shaw all close to a ton or over and Tomlinson and Ward 85+, you know it's a bit lopsided. Possession count 437 to 347 is extremely lopsided too.

Don't go too quickly on players like Brayshaw, Fyfe and Banfield. Their entire midfield bar Neale was completely shown up by Port and that shouldn't happen every week. They play Essendon this week and I think they all should improve, given Essendon's lack of pressure and more fast paced play that allows high possession for the opposition.

If you have Rocky, get rid of him. He'll lose cash, and fast. He's had no pre-season and is still recovering from injuries, so will play predominantly forward. Dump and pick up after the bye at a nice cheap price.

Wait on players like Acres with bad JS. Richardson has stated that 'Dunstan will push out one of Steele or Acres, if he returns.'

Gold Coast player's scores were amplified in the wet due to the high tackling style that the weather brings about (think Rayner from JLT 2). Minus around 4-5 tackles off their score (20 points or so) and that should be a more realistic example of their score. E.g. Aaron Young 112 and 9 tackles, would usually be around 90 or so. Darcy McPherson 97 and 9 tackles, closer to a 75 or so.

Give players like Westhoff, Caddy, Curnow, Taranto etc. another week to see if it's an anomaly or if they're the real deal. Better to pay that bit extra, rather than getting someone in on potential and then getting completely burned and wasting your trade.

Hope that helps :)
Another quality post.
Thanks for the info :thumbsu:

Another quality post.
Thanks for the info :thumbsu:

Cheers mate! My pleasure :)

Brilliant, thanks mate that does help. I know I should just go JOM and that seems so straight forward, but I could just imagine him doing a knee or a hammy in the next few weeks and then me having to trade that spot again. A bit paranoid/superstitious of me I know, but I have had 'slots' in the past that have become cursed where I keep having to replace injured players.

Glad to hear :) Haha yeah I know that's a concern, but as much as Hawthorn give me the shits sometimes, their history with injury is pretty good. It's just as likely that Cogs could go down with injury, as it is that O'Meara would. You sometimes have to take that punt and just hope for the best. I understand your trepidation though, and someone like Petracca is definitely a safer option out of the two

Both trades made out of injury replacements rather than tactical improvement

Matt Kennedy to Banfield
Libba to Cripps or Zach Merrett... Will lean towards Merrett if named.

NN was crazy given 54% TOG, what a beast.

Trade 1 is definitely Weitering to Simpson. I had the cash saved already to make that move.

Trade 2 is either Naughton -> Z Guthrie, or
Christensen/Rayner -> Fritch

I picked naughton for JS but don't think he'll be generating a heap of cash any time soon. If Coffield is named I think I'll defnitely go naughton -> coffield, but instead I think guthrie is a decent option.

Why did Coffield not play?

This might be counterintuitive, but seriously thinking of trading Titch this week. Crazy, I know, but I also know that Geelong won't let him rack up like he did last week. If Guthrie pulls up and he's confirmed to go to him, I'll pull Mitchell, because he'll keep him under a hundred if he does. Lot of ifs, but Titch won't slip under the radar this week and I think it could be a turning point if Geelong shut him down and curb his influence on the contest.

This might be counterintuitive, but seriously thinking of trading Titch this week. Crazy, I know, but I also know that Geelong won't let him rack up like he did last week. If Guthrie pulls up and he's confirmed to go to him, I'll pull Mitchell, because he'll keep him under a hundred if he does. Lot of ifs, but Titch won't slip under the radar this week and I think it could be a turning point if Geelong shut him down and curb his influence on the contest.
Nope, don't do it. Leave him at M1 and look elsewhere. Unless he gets injured, the man stays.

I didn't start with him last year, always looking at that 125 to 140 point break even thinking that next week he'll be a bit cheaper but the crafty bugger kept hitting that B.E every week.
Take round 1-2 for example, he's even more expensive now for those that didn't start with him. Catch him if you can (and that's not some nerdy Pokemon reference)

Last edited:
Just forget about gaining a POD involving anything to do with Titch. Just take a 120 VC score from Laird/Dusty/Mrouch if you’re worried. I also worry that Titch will get more attention this week but there is no way he goes under 100. If he gets even a little less attention than I think he will get, he will go 130. Just not much to gain trading him out and plenty to lose. Not to mention that he will be very hard to trade back in

Nope, don't do it. Leave him at M1 and look elsewhere. Unless he gets injured, the man stays.

I didn't start with him last year, always looking at that 125 to 140 point break even thinking that next week he'll be a bit cheaoer but the crafty bugger kept hitting that B.E every week.
Take round 1-2 for example, he's even more expensive now for those that didn't start with him. Catch him if you can (and that's not some nerdy Pokemon reference)

Just forget about gaining a POD involving anything to do with Titch. Just take a 120 VC score from Laird/Dusty/Mrouch if you’re worried. I also worry that Titch will get more attention this week but there is no way he goes under 100. If he gets even a little less attention than I think he will get, he will go 130. Just not much to gain trading him out and plenty to lose. Not to mention that he will be very hard to trade back in

Take your points, but no coach is going to let him have another 50 possession game (unless it's Buckley again, who seems to just like banging his head against a brick wall and getting the same results). I most likely will keep him, but I have this feeling that this week is gonna be a low score, which if he's captain, means two low scores. Look at what happened to Sloane when teams got wise to him. I feel like Titch wasn't 'on the radar' as much last year, but you don't break the all time possessions record and go under the radar again. Also, is he gonna win the contest against Ablett, Danger, Duncan and Selwood? He's good but I'm not sure he'll have enough support to be able to win the clearances and farm it out to the outside runners. Will have to wait to see what I hear during the week to really make an informed decision, but I'm not 100% confident like I was last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back