Preview Round 20, 2024: Adelaide Crows v Hawthorn, 28 July 2024, 4.10pm AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butts out but Murray plays. Obviously Dawson and Rankine out.
Sunny day is the early forecast, great opportunity for Calsher and Mabior.
Nash goes to Keys.
No excuses, it should be a 25-35 point win.
So, Nash is going to play in the backline? Keays has predominantly played as a defensive forward all season and Nash plays out of the centre square. Keays had 16% CBA's on Friday night, and 0% the previous 6 games. This match up will not happen.

Keays more likely to try and go to Sicily, Amon or Impey.

So, Nash is going to play in the backline? Keays has predominantly played as a defensive forward all season and Nash plays out of the centre square. Keays had 16% CBA's on Friday night, and 0% the previous 6 games. This match up will not happen.

With Dawson out and Rankine still suspended I imagine Keays might spend more time in the midfield.

I think Keays might be playing on Sicily.

Keays will play midfield on Sunday, Nash will go to him (would have gone to Dawson, and Keays would have played forward if Dawson was in )

Keep Finn in. He moved around really well when he came on, looks hungry to do well!
And Sicily is like the drummer from Def Leppard.... Keeps going on even with just one arm.
As much as I would prefer for Finn to play out a full game, with Sicily carrying the injury I think Finn is the best option as sub due to his size.

With Dawson out and Rankine still suspended I imagine Keays might spend more time in the midfield.
Maybe, but even then, I doubt Nash 'goes to him' as Ka Norkers thinks. With Dawson and Rankine out if we are going to shut anyone down in the middle wouldn't it be Laird?

We didn't tag Nick Daicos last week. I just can't see us tagging Keays. Nash will do his normal blocking work at centre bounces and clear the path for our other mids.

Maybe, but even then, I doubt Nash 'goes to him' as Ka Norkers thinks. With Dawson and Rankine out if we are going to shut anyone down in the middle wouldn't it be Laird?

We didn't tag Nick Daicos last week. I just can't see us tagging Keays. Nash will do his normal blocking work at centre bounces and clear the path for our other mids.
Nah I agree on that, Nash will go to anyone who presents as dangerous at the time. Footy doesn't really have 1:1 match ups anymore. Just saying Keays will likely spend time in the middle.

Adelaide’s form line has been decent of late. I think if Sicily is to play down back this week, it’s going to be a lot harder for him with the Crows big forwards.

not a tag Nash on Keays, he'll go to him at the stoppages.
Nash and Worpel put work into Daicos at quite a few stoppages on Saturday.

Keays will play midfield on Sunday, Nash will go to him (would have gone to Dawson, and Keays would have played forward if Dawson was in )
I doubt Keays spends any meaningful time in the midfield

He pretty much only went in there last week due to Dawson (concussion) and Laird copping a corked thigh

Also covering the loss of Murray and Butts messed up other rotations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding a insurance policy for Sicily against a tall side. Bring a tall in for Finn the midfield should have them covered.

Otherwise no change.

With Dawson (and Crouch) out now Keays may spend more time in the midfield this week.

Hopefully Mackenzie comes back into the side.

Or if Finn stays in then I'd like to see him start.

Any unforced changes would be tough on the player dropped, given how well everyone played.

Anyone else worried about all the press we have had this week affecting this weeks performance, bit worried about how the youngsters would be handling all this.

Hopefully we aren’t drinking our own bath water
Sam is pretty clear on enjoying a win for 24 hours but getting on with things pretty quickly.

He's got a great rapport with the group but doesn't hesitate to give them a clip when needed. We are not the finished product by any means as he's said a number of times, so I reckon we'll be ok this weekend.

Adelaide are pretty tall in their front half though - potential Jai Serong recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back