Preview Round 20, 2024: Adelaide Crows v Hawthorn, 28 July 2024, 4.10pm AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. For the second week in a row there are headlines about coaches unexpectedly including fringe or injured players in their lineup against us. I take that as a good sign the competition is seriously working to counter our game play and are having to draw some long straws they wouldn’t otherwise pull.

I don’t think I’ll be nervous until the headlines are “Yeah, we don’t need to make any changes to play them. We’ll rest a couple injured guys instead.”

Nice. For the second week in a row there are headlines about coaches unexpectedly including fringe or injured players in their lineup against us. I take that as a good sign the competition is seriously working to counter our game play and are having to draw some long straws they wouldn’t otherwise pull.

I don’t think I’ll be nervous until the headlines are “Yeah, we don’t need to make any changes to play them. We’ll rest a couple injured guys instead.”
Bit of a weird comment given that they are only bringing the kid in to replace Dawson who is an automatic out with concussion.

Of note Adelaide oval is a narrower ground - we struggled down in Geelong but have been surprisingly good at marvel this year. We seem to be adept at adjusting our style this year to the ground (or weather last week).
Ground is a non-issue, we actually have an extremely good record vs Crows at Adelaide Oval (4 wins out of 5 if I recall correctly).

Of recent note, we should of beaten Collingwood there during Gather Round but this was during our 0-5 period where we weren't playing at our best but did pretty well to come back and nearly pinch it. The other game this year being the infamous one vs Port Adelaide who we were destroying until we completely stopped in the last.

Ground size/shape, doesn't matter. We are a different team now and this ground holds no fear for us.

This part of the fixture was scheduled before it had become clear that our form wasn’t just a flash in the pan.

I can’t criticize them too much for not scheduling us some prime time based on that. I would for some of the clubs they have though. Adelaide, Saints, Richmond for example.
Adelaide were given a Friday night when this part of the fixture was done and they were in poor form. West Coast also somehow given a Friday night.

As we all know, Hardwick at Adelaide oval is Peter Dunstall Hudson, so in case of emergency move him forward, problem solved.

Wedds, Nash, Mass & Croc and one of Gunston or Dear with Bruest to sub got a feeling Frenchy doesnt play??? Ward was good last week. Maybe Harry or Frenchy travel as the emg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it’ll be McKenzie for Dear

What makes you say that?

Would be a horrible change if true. Running with Chol as the sole key forward is just asking for trouble structurally.

EDIT: If it's because Mackenzie and Maginness are both named in the starting 18 that has meant absolutely nothing this year.

We've done this multiple times this year with Hustwaite and Ramsden though.
Breust has also been consistently named in the starting 18 then ended up the sub.
You can start as a sub when named on the ground. But I’m 90% sure if you’re named on the ground, you’re playing.

You just cut from the extended bench

You can start as a sub when named on the ground. But I’m 90% sure if you’re named on the ground, you’re playing.

You just cut from the extended bench

Have we not dropped Ramsden and Hustwaite this year after being named starting 18?

Here's the one from Round 6 where Ramsden is named in the forward-line then gets omitted.

Have we not dropped Ramsden and Hustwaite this year after being named starting 18?

Here's the one from Round 6 where Ramsden is named in the forward-line then gets omitted.
I’d have to see if they then played at BH.
At the club I know… our starting 18 plays and that was the rule I knew as at the start of the year and if it’s changed… I haven’t heard.

I’d have to see if they then played at BH.
At the club I know… our starting 18 plays and that was the rule I knew as at the start of the year and if it’s changed… I haven’t heard.
Neither played for Box Hill on April 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back