Autopsy Round 20 2024 - Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, 7.30pm AEST Saturday 27 July, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Given I didn’t think we’d win this going in
Given I didn’t think we’d win it at quarter time
Given I thought Melbourne would over run us about halfway through the last quarter
Given they didn’t pay the blindingly obvious HTB against Gawn that led to their last goal

I’ll take that.

Given I didn’t think we’d win this going in
Given I didn’t think we’d win it at quarter time
Given I thought Melbourne would over run us about halfway through the last quarter
Given they didn’t pay the blindingly obvious HTB against Gawn that led to their last goal

I’ll take that.
Melbourne has been very poor in 4th quarters recently, I think we perhaps relaxed a bit and they got a bit lucky in some ways.
Our VFL team had a good win, 5 goals to Gruzewski. I wonder if he gets a recall.

Time to fire up the voice, too, for Giant YoYo - shout the boys home to a win, and enjoy your night at the 'G.
Thanks Giant Strides

Don't remember shouting so much in a long time.

Went there with no expectations. When we led in the 4th quarter hope was rising.

Absolute thriller!!!

Mate lost his voice. Mine's hanging on

Quite surprised at how many fans we had there tonight. We're building!

GO GIANTS!!!!

Congratulations on the win. You were the better side on the night and throughly deserve the win. Throughly.

My only concern about GWS is their unsustainable accuracy of late and the fact that the last 3 wins they’ve
had less scoring shots than the oppo.

To win a prelim and GF you’ll need to have more scoring shots than the oppo in at least one of those two finals.

Thanks Giant Strides

Don't remember shouting so much in a long time.

Went there with no expectations. When we led in the 4th quarter hope was rising.

Absolute thriller!!!

Mate lost his voice. Mine's hanging on

Quite surprised at how many fans we had there tonight. We're building!

GO GIANTS!!!!
Were you at Caulfield races yesterday before the game?

I think we are a 5th to 8th best team at the moment. Nowhere near capable of sustaining anything close to a four quarter effort. At best we are a 3 quarter team.
It’s no surprise though, we are about the 5th or 6th youngest side.
It’s nice to get the win in the end on the road.

Against Freo and the Lions I reckon we could get shown up pretty badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ya did it.... alas not enough for us..haha you wouldnt hardly care about that
You guys are playing well, if we got a choice we'd much rather come across someone in the finals not going as well

Great game from Finn Callaghan I thought.

And a great game from Jesse Hogan too - congratulations on achieving 50 goals in a season for the first time (and still in the Coleman Medal race):

Coaches votes all over the place, I guess like us fans, the coaches had too many choices to pick from!

Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney​

9 Finn Callaghan (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)
2 Brent Daniels (GWS)
1 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
1 Toby Greene (GWS)

Coaches votes all over the place, I guess like us fans, the coaches had too many choices to pick from!

Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney​

9 Finn Callaghan (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)
2 Brent Daniels (GWS)
1 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
1 Toby Greene (GWS)
Pretty consistent with our board, a wide spread with a lot of the.same names.
The outlier is one coach gave Tom G 5, the other 0
Most of us had Briggs somewhere as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20 2024 - Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, 7.30pm AEST Saturday 27 July, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back