Game Day Round 20: Adelaide v Carlton in "The Battle of the Ken Hinkley Understudies"

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks vs Voss.
Berry vs Cripps.
McHenry vs Saad.

Put Saad down for 30+.

Will we see something... anything... tonight?

No unforced changes after two losses screams a quality list.

Anyway, have at it. Tipping Carlton by 29.
McHenry v Saad. Lol

We are better with an injured Doedee out. Hopefully Himmelberg can have a night out and save his career. Not expecting to win but I think we may be competitive.

Will be an interesting one.. I think the 2 rucks and silvani out is favourable to us. Silvani beat Rob in the ruck and is far more flexible than pittonet. Our kpf have a chance to stretch their defence but obviously there's is similar, could be a shoot out. Most likely we get destroyed in the middle

Good news is no umpire 22

Spoke to mate of mine who is a Blues fan who is genuinely s***ing himself over tonight's game.

He's very aware of the fact the Blue's schedule is very tough after this and they're actually not that entrenched in the 8. And in his words "This is just the kind of game we always lose".

I'd love to make that a reality. After all the Carlton Circle jerks this season by the media if they missed the 8, that would be hilarious

Will we see something... anything... tonight?
What I'd like to see (but probably won't):
--- the Crows start switched on so that they're not 4+ goals down at quarter-time
--- Ned McHenry huff and puff and actually blow someone down
--- Dawson on a wing
--- McAdam NOT flying for MotY, and not giving away a free nor spoiling teammates in the process.
--- ROB tapping to our mids and taking some strong contested marks around the ground
and
--- someone ... anyone ... lining up and dropping Cripps with a legal hip and shoulder. More than once.

See you in the morning chaps, this will be the first game I've watched live in a couple of weeks due to it being summer here and a mixture of festivals etc....

I dont care about results for the rest of the year, but some resemblance of a game plan would be good.

This is easily the type of game where we can scrag a win and I dont think Carltank travel well to Adelaide either.

See you in the morning chaps, this will be the first game I've watched live in a couple of weeks due to it being summer here and a mixture of festivals etc....

I dont care about results for the rest of the year, but some resemblance of a game plan would be good.

This is easily the type of game where we can scrag a win and I dont think Carltank travel well to Adelaide either.
They don’t travel well to Adelaide because they’ve rarely played here.

What I'd like to see (but probably won't):
--- the Crows start switched on so that they're not 4+ goals down at quarter-time
--- Ned McHenry huff and puff and actually blow someone down
--- Dawson on a wing
--- McAdam NOT flying for MotY, and not giving away a free nor spoiling teammates in the process.
--- ROB tapping to our mids and taking some strong contested marks around the ground
and
--- someone ... anyone ... lining up and dropping Cripps with a legal hip and shoulder. More than once.

Hmmm, Imagine what that Multi would pay.

At the start of the season a mate bet me that Carlton would make finals this year.

I laughed at him.

So we put a bottle of scotch on it.

I was also happy to give him odds:
  • Carlton make the 8 = he wins 12 Year Glenfiddich
  • Carlton miss the 8 = I win 12 Year Dimple

I've resigned myself that I'd be providing him that Glenfiddich all season.

But here we are, what can I say...

GO YOU MIGHTY CROWS!!!!

... a lot riding on this game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s Worrell Day
Spread the joy 😀
I hope Himmelberg proves me wrong and actually attacks the ball in the air. I didn't want him back after he was non-competitive in his last match. I hope he turns it around.

Who can we play back into form?

With a team this stacked no wonder we make no unforced changes. Either 14 points to us. Or 47 points to them, as we let a 3 minute window at the end of the game pile up the goals.

Interesting stats

Carlton are clearly ahead of their opponents in disposal numbers - their marking is ahead and they are working hard in tackling

YET are way behind in Hit Out numbers - on the surface it looks like the midfield work hard to attain the ball from the bounce (tackles/disposals) but they are Ranked 16th in Tackles Per Game

Adelaide named first

202.2Kicks228.3
154.9Handballs162.0
357.1Disposals390.3
76.8Marks99.7
11.1Goals12.7
10.2Behinds11.4
21.3Scoring Shots24.1
67.5Tackles53.4
40.8Hitouts26.3
23.1Frees For22.2
21.4Frees Against19.4
7.2Goal Assists7.9
49.8Inside 50s55.6
143.7Contested Possessions143.8
209.3Uncontested Possessions243.7
258.9Effective Disposals293.3
72.5%Disposal Efficiency %75.1%
61.8Clangers59.7
9.4Contested Marks11.2
9.4Marks Inside 5011.5
39.6Clearances36.5
11.8Centre Clearances13.1
27.7Stoppage Clearances23.4
40.8Rebound 50s38.0
47.2One Percenters50.9
2.2Bounces10.1
1.31Kick to Handball Ratio1.41
52.1%Conversion52.7%
32.17Disposals Per Goal30.73
16.77Disposals Per Scoring Shot16.20
5663.8Metres Gained5914.0
69.6Turnovers67.7
69.2Intercepts69.8
11.2Tackles Inside 5011.1

Bounces is an odd stat - are we replacing the bounce with a handball? Or are Carlton taking on the game more or breaking free better? Or does Cripps just run as far as he wants . I would tag Docherty - tighten up the free spaces and - hopefully - the weather makes it a maul and Carlton arent allowed to get free

The table suggests this can be a closer game than people think

Which is why I am the only one in the tipping comp to tip Adelaide - oh and the fact I am 6 behind the leader

Frampton into emergencies after the RT change is interesting. We could / should be wary of a forward line that has mckay, curnow and the resting ruck. This gives them 2 x 200cms kpf at all times which probably means we need to find someone to play on curnow (hinge / Smith/ worell ) which is a big concern give his form and the last time we played them.

Not saying frampton should play on curnow but perhaps the resting ruck enabling Murray on curnow.

In reality we will need to win a shoot-out if we want to win

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 20: Adelaide v Carlton in "The Battle of the Ken Hinkley Understudies"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back