Preview Round 20 - Essendon Bombers vs Sydney Swans - Saturday, July 29th - 7:25 pm - Disney is Still Milking the s**t out of it Stadium

Season on the line - How we feeling?

• It's just a little form slump, it's still good, it's still good.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • It's all over people, we don't have a prayer!

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • * you and your stupid Simpsons references.

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESSENDON v SYDNEY SWANS

Saturday July 29, 7:25pm at Marvel Stadium

BOMBERS

B: A. McGrath, B. Zerk-Thatcher, J. Kelly
HB: M. Redman, J. Laverde, D. Heppell
C: S. Durham, A. Perkins, N. Martin
HF: J. Caldwell, P. Wright, N. Cox
F: M. Guelfi, K. Langford, B. Hobbs
FOLL: A. Phillips, D. Parish, Z. Merrett - C

I/C: W. Snelling, N. Hind, N. Bryan, J. Menzie
EMG: E. Tsatas, K. Baldwin, A. Davey Jnr, A. McDonald-Tipungwuti

In: J. Menzie
OUT: J. Ridley (Injured), J. Stringer (Injured)

At least we get a 7 day break this time.. 6 days geeling. 6 days western Bulldogs
We were one of the shittest teams last year and we got to play some easier teams. But the way they structured the draw for us was so we would be chasing the 8 all the time. We defiied it early and over achieved. Now we are back to reality. Play the kids. Rest the dead wood. Season is cooked. Definately don't want to go anywhere near finals this year it could be soul destroying

Not so sure, the umps gave the Dogs the flag over Sydney.

It has been #freekickbulldogs ever since.

Not sure Swans have the love away from SCG.

Does Buddy play? I hope so as he will struggle to have 2 good ones in a row.
Sydney generally get the rough end of the stick most of the time.

My early changes
In: Baldwin, Mass, Tex, Hind.
Out: Ridley and Stringer (inj), Snelling and Heppell (omit/managed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perkins played as much footy as those 2 pre draft and has been fine playing from the get go

N.Cox got through the first PS and season fine

The talls do need to be considered more, theyre more prone to injuries early
If you read what I said I mentioned the issue with Cox was more learning how to play wing at AFL level that saw his confidence decline as he went along. His first injury was bad luck . He also got physically targeted more at AFL level to keep him out of games once sides got a look at what he was doing in the first 8 or so weeks. He would not have got that as much in the VFL.

I also had no issues with Perkins playing other than maybe he could have played VFL midfield to learn the position rather than playing half forward for almost a year and a half. Perkins was ready body wise to play some footy which gets us back to the original subject which was Tsatas and his progression and where he is at which IMO opinion is not physically ready and has not had the conditioning you would want to see him jumping into the midfield at AFL level.

Let's compare the last 5 weeks for both sides:

Sydney have beaten Freo by 29, Western Bulldogs by 2, lost to Richmond by 13, drawn with Geelong and smashed West Coast by 171
Essendon have lost to the Dogs by 41, Geelong by 77, beaten Adelaide by 18, lost to Port by 2 and Freo by 32

That's a 7 goal difference to the Dogs, 10 goal difference to Freo and 13 goal differenc to Geelong. They're going to be hard to beat

I'd like to see;-

OUT: Snelling, Kelly, Bryan, Guelfi, Phillips, Heppell
IN: Shiel, Reid, Jones, Tsatas, Draper, Setterfield

Team;-

Zerk Reid Laverde
Redman Ridley McGrath
Martin Parish Durham
Perkins Langford Shiel
Jones 2MP Stringer

Draper Setterfield Merrett

Bench: Hobbs Caldwell Tsatas Cox
You're ambitious.
Ridley will be out injured, probably for a while.
Reid, Jones, Draper and Setterfield won't yet be available. Many have said Tsatas hasn't got the tank for seniors yet.

Just about all of your outs will probably stay in.

Let's compare the last 5 weeks for both sides:

Sydney have beaten Freo by 29, Western Bulldogs by 2, lost to Richmond by 13, drawn with Geelong and smashed West Coast by 171
Essendon have lost to the Dogs by 41, Geelong by 77, beaten Adelaide by 18, lost to Port by 2 and Freo by 32

That's a 7 goal difference to the Dogs, 10 goal difference to Freo and 13 goal differenc to Geelong. They're going to be hard to beat
They may be brutal.

Team looks flat I get the feeling the fitness base coming in this year was poor and the keepings off possession game was to avoid getting destroyed on turnover. Too one paced across the ground lacking defensive pressure
Team picked for more speed/pressure but still looks very undersized:

In: Tsatas, Menzie, AMT (sub)
Out: Ridley (injured), Stringer, Kelly

McGrath BZT Cox
Heppell Laverde Redman
Tsatas Parish Martin
Perkins Langford Durham
Menzie Wright Guelfi

Bryan Hobbs Merrett
IC: Caldwell Phillips Hind Snelling
Sub: AMT

Status