Game Day Round 20 - St Kilda v Essendon, Marvel Stadium, 27/7/24, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott was such a loser at norf, he found a little more talent here and said fk it, I want to win some games, thus picked experience over the kids. Does nothing for us going forward.

We’re such a weak, defeatist football club. It’s going to take something truly special to remove it from the fabric of the club

Scott was such a loser at norf, he found a little more talent here and said fk it, I want to win some games, thus picked experience over the kids. Does nothing for us going forward.

Playing Heppell and Shiel hardly amounts to "only playing experience". Take them out and our average is around 24.8. This isn't a "age playing" issue, it's a structural and mindset issue. It's both the players' execution (which is prone to be down during development) and a coach's ability to shift a mantra. We were expected to be bottom 3 going into the year and just because supporters expected us to win a final off the back of what they've done earlier in the year doesn't change the fact that we are in a habit-learning year and always were. Games like this were always going to happen and it's from games like this that we gain the biggest lessons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he did something at North.

We can’t keep blaming every coach instead of the culture. We’ve had a loser culture for 20 years and that’s too difficult to break away from.

We’ve had generations of celebrating small wins against bottom sides, excusing big losses and celebrating scraping the top 8 with a terrible percentage/W-L record. That’s the standard now and that’s hard to break out of. I think the club is just mentally destroyed and I cannot see how this cycle of mediocrity will be broken any time soon regardless of the coach.

Trade established players and rebuild the whole joint. Done with this shit every year.

What a shambles. Getting beat the same way game in game out, season in season out.

Play the kids because this is embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back