Round 20 The Sydney Swans vs The Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

It was Gus Worland who made that happen, was pretty funny, he was fully behind the other guy and he naturally got a big cheer and the little girl got barely a yelp.

Agreed, Costanza, the Four'n'Twenties were top notch compared to Vili's. Having said that, footy pies arent the best quality food you will ever eat so we can't set standards too high...

clapped so hard in that game i still have a bruise on my left hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the foot stomping the shouting the jumping but the clapping is my forte

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Apparently you have to register to read these days so I thought I may as well post.

Rather than head to the main forum and be greeted with howls of 'BANDWAGONER!!!!11?!' after the Bombers beat the Saints on Sunday I thought I'd head here and say well done to the Swans, it was a fantastic match and I found myself barracking for the your boys even despite myself (the Swans being able to keep the 'Dons out of the eight).

Thanks good win against STK.

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Apparently you have to register to read these days so I thought I may as well post.

Rather than head to the main forum and be greeted with howls of 'BANDWAGONER!!!!11?!' after the Bombers beat the Saints on Sunday I thought I'd head here and say well done to the Swans, it was a fantastic match and I found myself barracking for the your boys even despite myself (the Swans being able to keep the 'Dons out of the eight).
Should of still lost for us :( could of kept up most of our hopes for one more week...

But was a great win by you guys, especially with those injuries.

I really want Ed to succeed, but he has some major flaws to his game atm.

• For a tall guy, he is useless overhead.
  • Has a huge motor, but doesn't use it intelligently. Is often buzzing uselessly around the ball carrier instead of running hard to a dangerous spot.
  • Appears tentative in a contest and uncertain with ball in hand.
  • His tackles dont stick.
Has a lot of work to do to make our best 22 next year. Who was it who called him "Whitegoods"? Wishful thinking.

i posted the exact same thing yesterday (although i referred to him as a sh!t cun.t) but it didn't go through for some reason...

"Is often buzzing uselessly around the ball carrier instead of running hard to a dangerous spot."

^^ you may be referring to the same passage of play but there was one point where i think shaw swooped on a loose ball in defence with a geelong player approaching him... and barlow got caught in no mans land just running in front of him in line with the geelong player instead of moving out wide and providing shaw a handball option...

he's a dumb player...i've never been a fan and i'm willing to make the call now and say barlow will never develop into a decent player, he'll either be dropped or put up as trade bait...

on another note....shaw was awesome...and had the crowd going off at various times with his run....and LRT...been a fan for a while...but damn...he's turned out to be some player

i think some people are being a bit harsh on ed barlow....i agree that he hasn't lived up to expectations yet but those people who say he hasn't shown anything just need to go back to the st kilda game where he was one of our best players roaming around defence and on the wing...plus he has a great kick

i think some people are being a bit harsh on ed barlow....i agree that he hasn't lived up to expectations yet but those people who say he hasn't shown anything just need to go back to the st kilda game where he was one of our best players roaming around defence and on the wing...plus he has a great kick

G'day Swans newbie ;), the only criticism of Barlow from me is that he needs to be harder at the footy and STOP waiting for the ball to come to him. He also needs to release the ball quicker then he does atm.

G'day Swans newbie ;), the only criticism of Barlow from me is that he needs to be harder at the footy and STOP waiting for the ball to come to him. He also needs to release the ball quicker then he does atm.

Yeah I agree in that he needs to be harder at the ball and needs to learn to attack the ball when its his turn to go....but you also need outside receivers who generally have good skills as Barlow does...we already have enough in and under type players such as Kirk and Bolton, and in the future Smith, Bird and Jack. As to releasing the ball quicker, he has only played 24 games so I am pretty confident that when he has played more games he will learn that. Some players take longer to develop such as Barlow, and he can also play at both ends of the ground as well as through the middle so plenty of upside IMO

I guess I would just like to see more determination from him. He needs to take a stand and put his name on a contest, the way Hanners does. Maybe he needs to be dropped back to the ressies to build his confidence again, but he needs to trust his own judgement and like the Nike ad says, 'Just do it'. I think if he went in to each game with more of an attitude like that, and just play the game as I'm sure he can, and spend less time thinking about it.

i posted the exact same thing yesterday (although i referred to him as a sh!t cun.t) but it didn't go through for some reason...

"Is often buzzing uselessly around the ball carrier instead of running hard to a dangerous spot."

^^ you may be referring to the same passage of play but there was one point where i think shaw swooped on a loose ball in defence with a geelong player approaching him... and barlow got caught in no mans land just running in front of him in line with the geelong player instead of moving out wide and providing shaw a handball option...

he's a dumb player...i've never been a fan and i'm willing to make the call now and say barlow will never develop into a decent player, he'll either be dropped or put up as trade bait...

on another note....shaw was awesome...and had the crowd going off at various times with his run....and LRT...been a fan for a while...but damn...he's turned out to be some player
No wonder it never went through, goodbye.

I thought barlow was great and people should cut him slack because his got all the attributes to be a great player but instead people are cutting him down after roughly a year (not even) off senior games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 20 The Sydney Swans vs The Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back