HB: Goodwin, McGregor, Edwards
C: Burton, Ricciuto, Begley
HF: Johncock, Perrie, Bode
F: Burns, Carey, Skipworth
FOLL: Clarke, McLeod, Bickley
I/C: Biglands, Doughty, Schuback, Shirley
EMG: Gallagher, Reilly, Stevens
IN: Bode, Schuback, Doughty
OUT: Hart (quad), Ladhams (ill), Stenglein (ill)

When the hell did Hart get injured???? That's a huge blow.

At least its just the two players out to the flu. I think Ladhams loss could really hurt.

Originally posted by DaveW
When the hell did Hart get injured???? That's a huge blow.

At least its just the two players out to the flu. I think Ladhams loss could really hurt.
Hart strained a quad late at training from all reports.

Ladhams and Stenglein are huge losses as that takes away a hell of a lot from midfield rotation.

Its good to see Schuback getting a game as he has deserved it. I reckon he will start across half forward releasing McLeod into midfield. Skippy might get the rola that Ladhams has been playing.

Begley won't play as he is buggered up pretty bad. Gallagher or Reilly will come in for him. There is a doubt about someone else. We will take 2 emergencies to Melbourne. My guess is that its Gallaghr and Reilly.

I think our chances of winning have decreased dramatically.:(

Key Match Ups

Robert Shirley Vs Nathan Buckley

Nigel Smart Vs Chris Tarrant

Ken McGregor Vs Anthony Rocca

Jason Torney Vs Scott Burns

Tyson Edwards Vs Alan Didak

any others we need to keep an eye on??????

With Ladhams and Stenglein out, I expect McLeod and Edwards to spend a bit more time in the midfield.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Key Match Ups

Robert Shirley Vs Nathan Buckley

Nigel Smart Vs Chris Tarrant

Ken McGregor Vs Anthony Rocca

Jason Torney Vs Scott Burns

Tyson Edwards Vs Alan Didak

any others we need to keep an eye on??????

With Ladhams and Stenglein out, I expect McLeod and Edwards to spend a bit more time in the midfield.

Nathan Bassett v Josh Fraser when he goes forward? (bit of a height difference there though :eek: )

COLLINGWOOD
B: Johnson, Wakelin, Lonie
HB: Cole, Cloke, Lokan
C: Licuria, Buckley, Shaw
HF: Didak, Rocca, Swan
F: Williams, Tarrant, Holland
FOLL: Fraser, Burns, Woewodin
I/C: Clement, McKee, O’Bree, Scotland.
I don't understand what all the pessimism leading up to this game is about. Whatever way you look at it, it's an ordinary looking XXII.

We're gonna win this match, and comfortably.

Re: Re: Round 20 v Collingwood: teams

I don't understand what all the pessimism leading up to this game is about. Whatever way you look at it, it's an ordinary looking XXII.
Given the even playing field we would smash them but unfortunately its far from even. We are a chance but I am not as confident as I was this morning. :(

We're gonna win this match, and comfortably.
How does the saying go, from your lips to god's ears?!?!?!:)

Re: Re: Round 20 v Collingwood: teams

Goodwin, Bode and McLeod better pull their fingers out.:eek: :( :)
Completely agree Stiffy. Roo can't do it himself & with Burton not 100% & Ladhams missing just as he was finding form, these 3 are overdue for a big game. Also, a good opportunity for some of our younger players, which isn't a bad thing.

Re: Re: Re: Round 20 v Collingwood: teams

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Also, a good opportunity for some of our younger players, which isn't a bad thing.
I reckon Schuback should be thrown to the wolves. he should start as a HF flanker or a FP. Might even give him a bit of a run on the wing.

Really looking forward to seeing his debut. Hopefully both him and Skipworth take their opportunities.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Round 20 v Collingwood: teams

I reckon Schuback should be thrown to the wolves. he should start as a HF flanker or a FP. Might even give him a bit of a run on the wing.

Really looking forward to seeing his debut. Hopefully both him and Skipworth take their opportunities.
I would like to see us rest any players who are not close to 100% regardless of who they are. I expect we may see Reilly & Gags given a chance too along with Schuback, Dogga & Skippy. Give these guys a good opportunity to show their wears & may throw out the Pies game plan a bit with hopefully a few of them getting under the guard with more "name" players missing.

Also, if some of these players play with a bit of the flu, don't give them major midfield roles. ie. play Burton up forward with Stiffy, Goody down back. Leave it up to Roo, Macca, Shirley & Edwards to provide the midfield grunt with these youngsters. Bringing in fresh players could prove to be a bonus given the Subiaco / 6 day break factor.

We now have the underdog tag & should play like we have nothing to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by lozstar
Hart looked fine today at training, wouldn't have guessed that there was anything wrong with him!

That's got me buggered too. He did the full training session at full pace, and then came off and signed a heap of autographs for several minutes before he went in.

Can't be much of a strain.

There is one tactic I would love to see us use and that someone plugging the hole in fron of Tarrant at FF. Burton is a pretty good candidate as he is a very good mark.

I can see one advantage for us providing we generate enough of the ball to the forwards. Collingwood have trouble matching up on smaller fleet footed forwards. Burns, Johncock, Schuback and Skipworth are all quick little crumbing players that can expose Collingwood's weakness. Provided of course that we win enought of the ball in the midfield.

Originally posted by macca23
That's got me buggered too. He did the full training session at full pace, and then came off and signed a heap of autographs for several minutes before he went in.

Can't be much of a strain.
My info is that he felt it once he cooled down. He probably would have played if it was a Sunday game.

I can see one advantage for us providing we generate enough of the ball to the forwards. Collingwood have trouble matching up on smaller fleet footed forwards. Burns, Johncock, Schuback and Skipworth are all quick little crumbing players that can expose Collingwood's weakness. Provided of course that we win enought of the ball in the midfield.
If Biglands/Clarke don't give us 1st use of the ball & most clearances, I would be most disappointed. We should smash Fraser/McKee/Rocca in the rucks. This is where we need to get an edge!

Rucci told me that Adelaide were very keen to play Schuback in Friday's game as they have a big opinion of him and his future. He certainly trained well today as did Skippy.

Bode moved at top pace and I'm tipping a big game from him.

Carey moved freely. He'll kill Cloke if Daddy's little boy stands him. If that happens expect the mulleted moustachioed rockape of a father to come on the footy show gibbering in pidgin English of the unfair treatment of rockape junior.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
If Biglands/Clarke don't give us 1st use of the ball & most clearances, I would be most disappointed. We should smash Fraser/McKee/Rocca in the rucks. This is where we need to get an edge!
We will win the rucks no problem. we did it last time but reality is that Collingwood are the best side when it comes to playing off the opposition ruckman. They will get inside their man and win the clearences. Exactly what they did last time. Hopefully this time around our boys don't give away their position as easily as they did earlier in the year. If we are to win this then our boys have to play inside their man.

Errr... so a fully fit Hart has been omitted and the sick as a dog Begley has been retained.

Riiight. :confused:

Begley's selection is surprising. While he was there, he had tracky pants on and had a few 15 metre kicks with a trainer and jogged a couple of laps before going in. He certainly wasn't well.

We will win the rucks no problem. we did it last time but reality is that Collingwood are the best side when it comes to playing off the opposition ruckman. They will get inside their man and win the clearences. Exactly what they did last time. Hopefully this time around our boys don't give away their position as easily as they did earlier in the year. If we are to win this then our boys have to play inside their man.
Often we have won the clearance early in games from our ruck dominance only for the opposition to negate in later on. We need plan B, C & D by our ruckman to keep the opposition guessing & maximise our taps advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 20 v Collingwood: teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back