Review Round 21, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v Werribee Tigers, 18 August 2024, 2.05pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

6th is about where they deserve to be.

Interesting stats - given the bottom 4 teams were Coburg, Collingwood, Carlton & Northern Bullants (2 obvious and 2 not)
Out of the top 10 sides who played the bottom 4 teams over the season
5 times Geelong & Frankston
4 times Werribee, Southport & Richmond
3 times Brisbane & Williamstown
2 times Footscray & Gold Coast
0 times Box Hill

That's correct Box Hill did not play a bottom 4 team (Just shows how uneven the draw is). All teams should play each other once

Given that Box Hill will likely play Gold Coast at home i'm tipping they go straight out given they have lost all 3 games coming off a week off this year.

No Parsons, Cavarra, the Brown brothers & Max Hall. The younger Box Hill players haven't been given enough game time and shouldn't be expected to just step in and play at an elite level against a lot of full time players

6th is about where they deserve to be.

Interesting stats - given the bottom 4 teams were Coburg, Collingwood, Carlton & Northern Bullants (2 obvious and 2 not)
Out of the top 10 sides who played the bottom 4 teams over the season
5 times Geelong & Frankston
4 times Werribee, Southport & Richmond
3 times Brisbane & Williamstown
2 times Footscray & Gold Coast
0 times Box Hill

That's correct Box Hill did not play a bottom 4 team (Just shows how uneven the draw is). All teams should play each other once

Given that Box Hill will likely play Gold Coast at home i'm tipping they go straight out given they have lost all 3 games coming off a week off this year.

No Parsons, Cavarra, the Brown brothers & Max Hall. The younger Box Hill players haven't been given enough game time and shouldn't be expected to just step in and play at an elite level against a lot of full time players

That's crazy. And I thought the AFL was compromised.

Bodie Ryan turns it over two plays in a row and Werribee kicks 1.1.

We've been very bad this quarter, starting from the midfield. Only highlight a good Arundel goal.

Turning it off now for the senior clash. I hope we improve our effort and intensity.
This game was a struggle to watch.

I know that Werribee are the best team in the VFL based on their having players who want to be in a winning team, their game style being contested, and Box Hill not having our best contested VFL players (Cal Brown, where are you), but geez our boys missed a LOT of targets. And with the teams game style, that = a loss.

On the positive side, our kids have earned the chance to play finals which will be a good for their experience.

This game was a struggle to watch.

I know that Werribee are the best team in the VFL based on their having players who want to be in a winning team, their game style being contested, and Box Hill not having our best contested VFL players (Cal Brown, where are you), but geez our boys missed a LOT of targets. And with the teams game style, that = a loss.

On the positive side, our kids have earned the chance to play finals which will be a good for their experience.

With some of the injuries we have had this year, surprised we haven't seen more of Jed Rule or Ben De Bolfo

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2024: Box Hill Hawks v Werribee Tigers, 18 August 2024, 2.05pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back