Preview Round 21, 2024: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, Sun 4 August, 1.10pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we persist with Finn as the sub?

I wouldn’t mind reverting back to Bruest as sub, bring Mackenzie in as an extra mid against a deep GWS midfield group.
Bruest could prove vital late in a tight game and I think he’ll be the sub come finals if we get there.
Not sure we see Gunston again
I don't think so, not because he's poor as a sub but I don't think you can have a player not playing full games too often.

Worth playing Finn on a Whitfield or similar?
At least Manuka has some width about it.

Pretty similar to the MCG the dimensions, which is useful. Also GWS doesn't have the best record there looking over the last few seasons, which is interesting. Probably an advantage playing there rather than their usual home ground.

Those performing well at Box hill are unlucky, you aren’t changing this side (injuries notwithstanding). Not a good week for MacKenzie to be managed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep the same forward mix. Out smalls and pressure will wear them down same as today.
Moore and CJ looked a little battered.
Reckon Bruesty is good for 45 minutes tops.
Out : Finn
In: Morrison. Briest to sub.

Pretty similar to the MCG the dimensions, which is useful. Also GWS doesn't have the best record there looking over the last few seasons, which is interesting. Probably an advantage playing there rather than their usual home ground.

I don't think we've beaten them once at their usual home ground so playing at Manuka is actually a positive.

Does Weddle have anything to worry about with that tackle in the second half?

Hope not.

Other than that the only other change I would consider is Finn/Ward out for Mackenzie/ Morrison.

Gunston to be put in cotton wool in case Dear or Chol get injured

Win this and I think we should play finals.
Huge game.

As good a form as we've been in they have also won their last 4

Do we persist with Finn as the sub?

I wouldn’t mind reverting back to Bruest as sub, bring Mackenzie in as an extra mid against a deep GWS midfield group.
Bruest could prove vital late in a tight game and I think he’ll be the sub come finals if we get there.
Not sure we see Gunston again
Gunston might of played his last game for us 😢

Did anyone watch the BH game?

Looks like Morrison went ballistic.
33 disposals (26 kicks!), 3 goals, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 11 score involvements and 160 fantasy points!

Mackenzie (29 D) & Serong (28 D & 13 Marks) also putting a heap of pressure on our current 23.

Maginness the obvious one under pressure, but I have really liked him coming on as sub the last couple of weeks. He's powerful enough to make an impact.

Hoping no changes, but expecting to see Finn out for Mackenzie and Breust moved to sub.

Did anyone watch the BH game?

Looks like Morrison went ballistic.
33 disposals (26 kicks!), 3 goals, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 11 score involvements and 160 fantasy points!

Mackenzie (29 D) & Serong (28 D & 13 Marks) also putting a heap of pressure on our current 23.

Maginness the obvious one under pressure, but I have really liked him coming on as sub the last couple of weeks. He's powerful enough to make an impact.

Hoping no changes, but expecting to see Finn out for Mackenzie and Breust moved to sub.

Morrison and Serong should be considered after BOG performances although there's no room for the latter.
Mackenzie was good but a tier below those two.
Gunston is also fresh after two weeks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back