Preview Round 21, 2024: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, Sun 4 August, 1.10pm AEST @ Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumour Briggs could be a late out. He's not 100%
I feel like Meek v Briggs is a winning match up for us already. A different ruck who is fit and fresh could change the dynamic of their midfield for their advantage.

I'd rather Briggs just play at under 100%.

O always hate these games after limping home in the train with ( it seemed like) every giants supported ragging us.. never forgotten that......

but who do we want to win tonight footscray or Dees... I say footscray cos they are already ahead of us

O always hate these games after limping home in the train with ( it seemed like) every giants supported ragging us.. never forgotten that......

but who do we want to win tonight footscray or Dees... I say footscray cos they are already ahead of us

Melbourne

Hi everyone, going down to Tassie for our last game I've never been before. Can anybody give me some info where to stay ect and the best place to sit at the ground. Any info would be appreciated.Cheers

Hi everyone, going down to Tassie for our last game I've never been before. Can anybody give me some info where to stay ect and the best place to sit at the ground. Any info would be appreciated.Cheers
If i travel with my missus its Peppers on the river and they have a decent restaurant and bar, she likes it so we go there easy walk to the ground too. If going with mates generally stay there too, BUT after a win a pub crawl around Launceston is a hoot and then take away from where ever. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've stayed at a few different places, from B&Bs to hotels. Enjoyed them all. There are some nice places within walking distance of the ground - which is my preference. Bigmaxi suggested Peppers, which is good. The Grand Hotel on Tamar St is also a good hotel with a boutique feel; there are many to choose from. James Boags Brewery is on the river, there's also Hogs Breath Cafe close by and the Black Cow Bistro is always good for a feed. It's very easy to get around and find a place to eat and relax. I usually jump into "Google Maps" to get an idea of where things are relative to one another - saves booking a place miles from where you want to be.

I have MacKenzie above Ward in the pecking order on our depth chart, but love that Sam has backed in Ward and stuck true to the same selection policy that kept Ward out for a long stretch. The team is playing well after two of our best collective efforts the last couple of weeks, Ward is playing his role and showing improvement, and MacKenzie gets a chance to get some quality midfield minutes at Box Hill. Hopefully he comes back a better player when he does squeeze back in and also freshened up for the run home, and also now Ward is getting a chance to get a bit of consistency at the top level. For mine Ward has looked cleaner, more decisive and penetrating with his kicking, and has a steelier edge at the contest since coming back in. Also his running profile adds another weapon to our side that is already daunting to play, while sides struggle to manage their fitness in this run home.

I think he's billed like Ralph was meaning we'll hear from him at half time
I think Chad would enjoy Sam's gameplan and attacking style. He was stymied by Clarko's robotic latter years. How he would fit in with the rascal pack is another question but I reckon he'd relish the openness of Hawthorn 2024.
I think we owe it to Chad to at least get fit and firing playing with Box Hill.
A fully fit and firing Wingard is a powerful weapon indeed. If he is able to translate that into AFL then he makes any team a better one. There are unfortunate injuries (though I hope we get none) This is where the Chad comes into the picture. Again, I hope our current mids and fwds make it really hard for him.

Fit and in form Wingard ALMOST definitely plays. The X Factor he generates is irresistible.
Plus it makes us more fun to watch.... If that's even possible. Coz at the moment we have an incredible electricity in this group. I haven't seen a Hawks team quite like this one. And I've been a die hard Hawker since 1978.

I think we owe it to Chad to at least get fit and firing playing with Box Hill.
A fully fit and firing Wingard is a powerful weapon indeed. If he is able to translate that into AFL then he makes any team a better one. There are unfortunate injuries (though I hope we get none) This is where the Chad comes into the picture. Again, I hope our current mids and fwds make it really hard for him.

Fit and in form Wingard ALMOST definitely plays. The X Factor he generates is irresistible.
Plus it makes us more fun to watch.... If that's even possible. Coz at the moment we have an incredible electricity in this group. I haven't seen a Hawks team quite like this one. And I've been a die hard Hawker since 1978.

Watch him at Box Hill, he can barely get through a game.

I have MacKenzie above Ward in the pecking order on our depth chart, but love that Sam has backed in Ward and stuck true to the same selection policy that kept Ward out for a long stretch. The team is playing well after two of our best collective efforts the last couple of weeks, Ward is playing his role and showing improvement, and MacKenzie gets a chance to get some quality midfield minutes at Box Hill. Hopefully he comes back a better player when he does squeeze back in and also freshened up for the run home, and also now Ward is getting a chance to get a bit of consistency at the top level. For mine Ward has looked cleaner, more decisive and penetrating with his kicking, and has a steelier edge at the contest since coming back in. Also his running profile adds another weapon to our side that is already daunting to play, while sides struggle to manage their fitness in this run home.
I imagine Croc/CMac success is showing them both what can be done with similar skillset, body and tank.

Hopefully they get along as well as it seems and they’re there for the the long haul, developing and winning together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back