Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

At some stage during the remaining games I see value in getting some game time into: Erasmus, Brodie and NOD.

They are our next midfield "ins".

Because this game is a rare MCG game, it is probably better to select the team preferred for the finals.

But I would rotate Wagner and Aish this week to make sure they are both getting enough game time. And if MJ is ready to go, I'd leave one of them out and play him.
Omg..finals. 😨

14 players copping a fine for the melee on Saturday night… the AFL should pay those players for putting on that spectacle that entertained the masses…

AFL paid Meatloaf (RIP) a ridiculous amount of money to put on a dross show that didn’t entertain one person bar Gillion yet fine the players who put on a show worthy of the admission price alone…

View attachment 2062080
👏👏👏👏

I certainly think Erasmus would be worth getting a game or two in before end of season. He also played his best game vs Collingwood at MCG last year. Johnson played well against Richmond at MCG.

Aish needs a full game. He hasn’t done a lot wrong but prefer at HBF and at the moment is behind others. Walker had to play a full game at Peel.

In: Johnson, Erasmus
Out: Fyfe (suspended), Aish

I know Erasmus isn’t the best sub option but gets him in the mix and either side of his head knock has been in good form.

Also there is often a surprise injury. Walters last week.

I've watched that vision of the Fyfe report about 10 times and can't see how it is high contact. Fyfe's arm actually travels in a downwards trajectory. Remember that Culley is 194cm, so his head shouldn't be below Fyfe's downwardly stretched arms. Culley has a delayed reaction and looks like he is staging to me. Has learnt the WC way. Just look at how much of a tool he acted like after he kicked his goal. The club should challenge on body v head and/or force. Looks like body contact and negligible force to me.

We are going to get ambushed this week. Supporters spitting and abusing the players, throwing shit on the field and the media hounding Essendon. They need to respond hard so of course we are the ones that play them. By my counts we need to win three games to finish top four. Wining two games will have us finish seventh so this is a no excuses game.

We have no reason to have ever been as dark as Essendon right now to be fair. Literally 20 years since winning a final is just nuts and the whole narrative and perception on a club had turned to "winning a final" instead of winning a flag. Can you imagine the impact on th3 psych of the players?

Plus, their list somehow continues to sit in 8th - 12th placed purgatory. It's dark man, it's dark.

We have no reason to have ever been as dark as Essendon right now to be fair. Literally 20 years since winning a final is just nuts and the whole narrative and perception on a club had turned to "winning a final" instead of winning a flag. Can you imagine the impact on th3 psych of the players?

Plus, their list somehow continues to sit in 8th - 12th placed purgatory. It's dark man, it's dark.
Will accept the bombers fan base on board the flagmantle train.

I’ve lost the will to live after reading their preview thread. Christ. I don’t think we’ve ever been that dark.
Yeah the sack Ken threads feel like a pick-me-up after reading the Bombers board atm.

Let's not give them anything to improve their mood this week though. They can finish strong by beating the Lions and Swans for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep the mental baggage of two decades is hurting the bombers.

Look at guys like Heppell, Merritt never have won a final.

Everytime they look strong the chat is will the break the finals win drought nothing about a premiership.

It would weigh them down as the pressure grows.

The sooner we break our premiership drought and get that monkey off our back the better.

We are going to get ambushed this week. Supporters spitting and abusing the players, throwing shit on the field and the media hounding Essendon. They need to respond hard so of course we are the ones that play them. By my counts we need to win three games to finish top four. Wining two games will have us finish seventh so this is a no excuses game.
They are going to come out firing, a little like West Coast did this week after getting slammed for no tackles inside 50 last week. We should still win, and if anything, working out how to handle intense pressure sets us up for finals. I don't mind this at all

How have they been so bad for 20 years.

**** all traveling.
Impressive history.
Big 4 club.
Yes GIF by Dodo Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back