Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

At some stage during the remaining games I see value in getting some game time into: Erasmus, Brodie and NOD.

They are our next midfield "ins".

Because this game is a rare MCG game, it is probably better to select the team preferred for the finals.

But I would rotate Wagner and Aish this week to make sure they are both getting enough game time. And if MJ is ready to go, I'd leave one of them out and play him.

Good to see NOD getting some form at Peel. Needs a good number of weeks pumping game time into him at Peel. With the senior teams setup, he may need to bide his time till next season.

JL did say in the presser that he wants the players to keep trusting themselves and taking the game on even when the oppo pressure is way up. He noted that this was the difference in the team now vs beginning of the season.

So with that in mind, I think that’s what Chappy was trying to do at times last night when the heat was on. However, a lot of those plays didn’t come off.

Leave him in though. He will be a gun and the more games he gets the better.

In Johnno
Out Aish

IMO it’s better for him to get a few more weeks of full mins and get some footy continuity before we make that step.
Bit like Cox though. Give him some lead in time for the finals. Cant see it happening though. Seems anyone outside the 24 will only get a gig incase if injury.

We're not going to see anyone new this season now we're into the run in to finals. Only players who have exposed form could be considered unless we had a run of injury. MJ should be a certainty if passed fit and is likely to be the only change. Probably Aish comes out and Emmett drops to sub, or vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair it was soft as. Should be carless rather than intentional.

That’s not how those classifications work. If it’s off the ball, it’s intentional. The only question is whether he actually got him high because you can’t really see, but the umpire was right there and signalled high so …

That Fyfe suspension is soft is shite, but may as well take the week and freshen up for a final assault.

Doesn’t even look high?

That’s not how those classifications work. If it’s off the ball, it’s intentional. The only question is whether he actually got him high because you can’t really see, but the umpire was right there and signalled high so …
The same umpire called a free but no report.

There best to go low impact like Hogan and just spin the wheel.

Fyfe for Johnson seems like a pretty simple change. Fingers crossed no surprise injuries, not sure our depth is quite that deep anymore with Pearce and Walters unavailable for a month.

I think we’d probably challenge if we didn’t have Johnson coming in, but might be a nice way of managing Fyfe as we finish up H&A season

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back