Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo are challenging the Fyfe ban.

Good. I've watched the footage and for the life of me I can't understand why it's anything but a soft free.

I even took the purple sunglasses off.

I honestly don’t the get Fyfe out sentiment, was he really that bad last night? I pretty much grade Fyfe these days based on how many Cat-10’s he does because his value to the midfield group with his physicality is difficult to measure statistically, and apart from the play on after the HTB call in the forward line (that’s more on the umpire IMO), there wasn’t any other significant howlers from memory…

I can only guess that the “Fyfe Out” crew are those that were calling for a new coach earlier in the year.

He’s not the player he was but to think the others around him aren’t benefitting from his work is just wrong.

The best coaches always make unnecessary changes this late in the year. Shakes head!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can only guess that the “Fyfe Out” crew are those that were calling for a new coach earlier in the year.

He’s not the player he was but to think the others around him aren’t benefitting from his work is just wrong.

The best coaches always make unnecessary changes this late in the year. Shakes head!

Totally agree.

At the game it appeared when Fyfe moved on to Reid acting as a tag/defensive mid at stoppage in the third it changed the game for us. His blocking while keeping the WC mids out of it, created the space for Serong and Brayshaw to run riot.

Freo had the first couple kicked against in the last as the mids seemingly had adjust that he wasn’t there.

I would suggest Fyfe was managed to be the sub to keep him healthy for the future, not as a tactical decision.

I've watched that vision of the Fyfe report about 10 times and can't see how it is high contact. Fyfe's arm actually travels in a downwards trajectory. Remember that Culley is 194cm, so his head shouldn't be below Fyfe's downwardly stretched arms. Culley has a delayed reaction and looks like he is staging to me. Has learnt the WC way. Just look at how much of a tool he acted like after he kicked his goal. The club should challenge on body v head and/or force. Looks like body contact and negligible force to me.
Hear hear

Fyfey should be fought for. He'll never be that wondrous sky-flying, field-blitzing superhero again. He broke his body and for a while, his spirit on the grinding wheel of AFL. But what he does now is literally pave the way for today's mid beasts.

I've watched our games many times live and repeat telecast. Fyfe blocks, shepherds, fists out the strategic link-up pass over and over again. He's the true servant, not the master now.

His and Hayden's are the essential big bodies in the centre to shock absorb pounding attacks on our magnificent but much smaller mid champions Andy and Caleb.

KEEP FYFE IN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think it gets upheld. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take though.

Everything Zak Butters has been fined for this year has been worse than that. Who knows though, I could see it being upheld maybe. The system is a roll of the dice these days

Everything Zak Butters has been fined for this year has been worse than that. Who knows though, I could see it being upheld maybe. The system is a roll of the dice these days
Just show the Neale & Hogan cases and walk away?

We are going to get ambushed this week. Supporters spitting and abusing the players, throwing shit on the field and the media hounding Essendon. They need to respond hard so of course we are the ones that play them. By my counts we need to win three games to finish top four. Wining two games will have us finish seventh so this is a no excuses game.
Heading into finals I would rather be playing tough games like this.

We're gonna be ready in September.

Many many times it is a Fyfe hand ball to a player in the open that gets the running game going.
People who say he needs to go know SFA about the game.
They work on their Fantasy footy points of their super coach team.

Heading into finals I would rather be playing tough games like this.

We're gonna be ready in September.
These tough games will prepare us but we need to win. You can bet Essendon will throw everything they have left at us because the club is in real trouble this week. If we lose this game a top four finish becomes every unlikely.

Many many times it is a Fyfe hand ball to a player in the open that gets the running game going.
People who say he needs to go know SFA about the game.
They work on their Fantasy footy points of their super coach team.
I don't think it's that simplistic, there's pros and cons and different people will see different aspects of those.

I think Fyfe is having a positive impact overall, but equally he can get absolutely burnt out of a stoppage or centre clearances at times.
Those handballs have been utterly ridiculous at times this year though, and absolutely unlock the field. He still has his footy smarts and ability to read the play, which combined with his physical presence means he's finding ways to create space, block and support the team.

I don't think it's that simplistic, there's pros and cons and different people will see different aspects of those.

I think Fyfe is having a positive impact overall, but equally he can get absolutely burnt out of a stoppage or centre clearances at times.
Those handballs have been utterly ridiculous at times this year though, and absolutely unlock the field. He still has his footy smarts and ability to read the play, which combined with his physical presence means he's finding ways to create space, block and support the team.
When you are inand under and amongst the tough stuff you expect a few mistakes. They are not coach killer mistakes.Most time he gets free.And we all know that they sweat onFyfe even though he is not the footballer he was back in his Brownlow days, but still a player that can not be let run free at stoppages.
I still say that SC and FF is how many people rate players.

Fyfey should be fought for. He'll never be that wondrous sky-flying, field-blitzing superhero again. He broke his body and for a while, his spirit on the grinding wheel of AFL. But what he does now is literally pave the way for today's mid beasts.

I've watched our games many times live and repeat telecast. Fyfe blocks, shepherds, fists out the strategic link-up pass over and over again. He's the true servant, not the master now.

His and Hayden's are the essential big bodies in the centre to shock absorb pounding attacks on our magnificent but much smaller mid champions Andy and Caleb.

KEEP FYFE IN
You Got It Win GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Do any of you punters have any stats regarding our win-loss ratio the next week after a Derby win?

It seems that more often than not there is a loss. I just have no facts to support it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 21 Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back