Preview Round 21 - Essendon Bombers vs West Coast Eagles - Saturday August 5th - 1:45 pm - Marvel (except for most of the characters from Spider Man) Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd "manage" Heppell and Laverde. Heppell was ok, but it'd be a good game to give him a rest before the last 3. Laverde needs a wake up, was off against the Swans. I'd drop Snelling and Davey, don't think Davey is quite ready yet.

Bring in Baldwin and DAmbrossio. Also I'd play AMT. West Coast would be a good game to see where he's at, and if he can find a bit of touch I'd play him for the rest of the year. I've missed him up forward.
I can't see us dropping the only experienced players left in defence all at the same time, especially if we're going to run Kelly up a wing. You'd be left with Zerk-Thatcher and Redman as the most experienced defenders, with an out of form McGrath who has played defence for about 30 games since his debut year as your next most experienced player. And then Hind...

Redman Cox McGrath
Hind Zerk Baldwin

7th: D'Ambrosio

Like that's really tempting fate, even against West Coast, the obviously very awful club that is a great opportunity for debuting kids without any further reasoning 🙄

Some rumblings we'll promote a bit from the VFL
Haven't seen the game but reading the review, sounds like tex and Baldwin deserve a game
Perhaps tsatas (sub?)
Weid a chance
Stewart rested for a qtr - managed due to time out or readiness for afl

At risk?
Guelf and Snelling don't impact as much as we need
Davey needs more time before sustained AFL exposure
McGrath, Heppell and Kelly is slow out of the back without penetrating elite disposal

In: Tsatas, Wanganeen, Baldwin
Out: Guelfi, Snelling, Heppell

McGrath - Zerk-Thatcher - Kelly
Redman - Baldwin - Cox
Martin - Caldwell - Durham
Wanganeen - Langford - Perkins
Menzie - Wright - Phillips
Bryan - Merrett - Parish
Hobbs - Laverde - Tsatas - Davey
Hind

Can't happen.

They cycle is, ignore them when in form and then refuse to select them because they're out of form by the time, usually 18 rounds to late, we decide that maybe we should focus solely on development.
There are not many in form plus the VFL is a poor comp IMO.

They are not beating the door down except for maybe Baldwin.

Let me guess, 'Drop Kelly'?
Hep needs to go out, but don't think there's any chance of that for the remainder of the year. Time to start looking to 2024.

Love it, people screaming to play the kids, Davey plays, want Davey dropped.

Baldwin deserves a call-up, unfortunately Cox staying in defence is also what we probably need, and it doesn't look like Heppell will be out this week, so a tough one to find a home for him.

Not sure too many players will get dropped given it was a lot of the senior guys who were pretty underwhelming I thought.

Can't happen.

They cycle is, ignore them when in form and then refuse to select them because they're out of form by the time, usually 18 rounds to late, we decide that maybe we should focus solely on development.
Why would you purely play the kids because there kids when the 22 on field were getting the job done sitting 5th at times? And being well and truly in finals contention

Its not like were old

Love it, people screaming to play the kids, Davey plays, want Davey dropped.

Baldwin deserves a call-up, unfortunately Cox staying in defence is also what we probably need, and it doesn't look like Heppell will be out this week, so a tough one to find a home for him.

Not sure too many players will get dropped given it was a lot of the senior guys who were pretty underwhelming I thought.
Does my head in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see us dropping the only experienced players left in defence all at the same time, especially if we're going to run Kelly up a wing. You'd be left with Zerk-Thatcher and Redman as the most experienced defenders, with an out of form McGrath who has played defence for about 30 games since his debut year as your next most experienced player. And then Hind...

Redman Cox McGrath
Hind Zerk Baldwin

7th: D'Ambrosio

Like that's really tempting fate, even against West Coast, the obviously very awful club that is a great opportunity for debuting kids without any further reasoning 🙄

Maybe, but if WC are getting unlimited supply into the forwardline then I think we'll be in trouble anyway. I'd like to see Kelly back in defence, and maybe tell McGrath he's got to step up and lead a bit better. Cox was good against the Swans, so I don't mind him staying back there. I'd probably start D'Ambrosio forward, and move him back to mix things up a bit if need be.

Either way I doubt very much that Hep and Lav will be out of the team. Don't know if Hep needs a bit of a rest, but I thought this game would be the best of the last 4 to give him one. He has been playing well though.

Maybe, but if WC are getting unlimited supply into the forwardline then I think we'll be in trouble anyway. I'd like to see Kelly back in defence, and maybe tell McGrath he's got to step up and lead a bit better. Cox was good against the Swans, so I don't mind him staying back there. I'd probably start D'Ambrosio forward, and move him back to mix things up a bit if need be.

Either way I doubt very much that Hep and Lav will be out of the team. Don't know if Hep needs a bit of a rest, but I thought this game would be the best of the last 4 to give him one. He has been playing well though.

Think D'Ambrosio got injured on Sunday, injury report will confirm I'm sure.

In: Tsatas, Wanganeen, Baldwin
Out: Guelfi, Snelling, Heppell

McGrath - Zerk-Thatcher - Kelly
Redman - Baldwin - Cox
Martin - Caldwell - Durham
Wanganeen - Langford - Perkins
Menzie - Wright - Phillips
Bryan - Merrett - Parish
Hobbs - Laverde - Tsatas - Davey
Hind
Works for me.
Hind over mcgrath would be my preference but no one at the club is doing that

I'm pretty sure this is win 1 of 8. Last 3 weeks are just the losses we had to have. Now we ramp up and be cherry ripe on September 30th. Don't panic.

Why would you purely play the kids because there kids when the 22 on field were getting the job done sitting 5th at times? And being well and truly in finals contention

Its not like were old

It's not purely because their kids, that's the point. Ignoring them when they're in form because they're kids is the issue.

B D'Ambrosio Baldwin Cox
HB Redman Zerk-Thatcher Hind
C Durham Merrett Martin
HF Perkins Langford Menzie
F Walla Wright Wanganeen
R Bryan Parish Hobbs
INT Caldwell Phillips Laverde Heppell
SUB A.Davey

IN D'Ambrosio Baldwin Wanganeen McDonald-Tipungwuti

OUT McGrath Kelly Guelfi Snelling

B D'Ambrosio Baldwin Cox
HB Redman Zerk-Thatcher Hind
C Durham Merrett Martin
HF Perkins Langford Menzie
F Walla Wright Wanganeen
R Bryan Parish Hobbs
INT Caldwell Phillips Laverde Heppell
SUB A.Davey

IN D'Ambrosio Baldwin Wanganeen McDonald-Tipungwuti

OUT McGrath Kelly Guelfi Snelling
Massimo injured

But the teams in form and sitting 5th? They were getting the job done

There was also plenty of kids already in that side

My view is you should play the most in form 22 available. In not doing so, we're now 13th. Which is closer to where we're at - but I think we definitively missed a chance on giving younger players some experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back