Round 21 - Freo v Essendon an the G

Remove this Banner Ad

are you still able to get there?

Yep , we managed to change to the Friday night / Saturday morning red eye. so arrive in melb 7am Saturday morning. Normally I'd always go with Qantas or Virgin but due to not being able to confirm my availability for this trip until a few weeks ago due to work they were both far more expensive. Unfortunately its a night worth of accommodation down the drain, but still get to go to Saturday night and then will be cheering loudly down the away end on sunday ! Hopefully start to the weekend not an omen of things to come.

Yep , we managed to change to the Friday night / Saturday morning red eye. so arrive in melb 7am Saturday morning. Normally I'd always go with Qantas or Virgin but due to not being able to confirm my availability for this trip until a few weeks ago due to work they were both far more expensive. Unfortunately its a night worth of accommodation down the drain, but still get to go to Saturday night and then will be cheering loudly down the away end on sunday ! Hopefully start to the weekend not an omen of things to come.
That might not be a bad thing. I am guessing you were going to fly Friday morning and stay Friday night? if you have paid for your accommodation, you can check in Saturday morning and have a bit of a rest?

That might not be a bad thing. I am guessing you were going to fly Friday morning and stay Friday night? if you have paid for your accommodation, you can check in Saturday morning and have a bit of a rest?
Was going to say the same thing, after the red eye you’ll be glad you don’t have to wait until 2pm to check in and have a little nap!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm intrigued by The Royal. It sounds like a, er ... titillating 'old school pub', with its website promoting it as "Melbourne's oldest and only public bar which has topless barmaids and erotic entertainment 7 days a week for your viewing pleasure". And to think, it's located in Richmond...

I just hope it's the footy that presents as the climax of the weekend away...
Went there in 2012 before the Pav master class EF at the MCG.

At first we thought it was a dive bar until they opened up the back section for the 'erotic entertainment'.

Went there in 2012 before the Pav master class EF at the MCG.

At first we thought it was a dive bar until they opened up the back section for the 'erotic entertainment'.
Lol I used to play competition darts years ago. My first year I was having a great game as an 18 year old fresh faced rookie until they brought out the skimpy.... couldn't hit the side of a barn after that.

The original flight was 9:30 today , but yep all in all not the end of the world.
Still get 2 good games in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a long-term supporter I dread these games, Against a team we should beat comfortably if we're any good.

Prime Freo shit the bed territory.
Yeh it’s probable but Im trying not to over think it , have had a great week here and a win Sunday will be the icing on the cake

We will be cheering bloody loud though so will do our part

have you gone shopping? :)
I bought an art book today from this awesome little shop in the Flinders lane building
The wife got some bargains at DFO and I got some sunnies

I’m not much of a clothes shopper

We did one of those escape rooms this evening
I’ve never done one before, they are the best . So fun and better using your brain than pickling it at the pub

Oh and went to a comedy club Monday night . Arj Barker popped in , weird unit .

Having so much fun
Packing it in 😁

Last edited:
I bought an art book today from this awesome little shop in the Flinders lane building
The wife got some bargains at DFO and I got some sunnies

I’m not much of a clothes shopper

We did one of those escape rooms this evening
I’ve never done one before, they are the best . So fun and better using your brain than pickling it at the pub

Oh and went to a comedy club Monday night . Arj Barker popped in , weird unit .

Having so much fun
Packing it in 😁
you should organise an Escape Room for BF :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 - Freo v Essendon an the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Back