Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1721276297205.png

excited friday night lights GIF by CraveTV

if you know, you know.

So is Touk back for this game? Hardwick seemed to suggest that. What about Day?

FWIW our last away win was against the Eagles in Perth last year. Will be a weirdly full circle moment if it happens again.

Sudden death mode now for the boys. If we've got anything left in the tank then it needs to be spent in this one.

The thing that I'm disappointed about is we played like we still have chances to make finals. Now we literally have to win every game to make it. Looking a hardwicks face in the post match press, he didn't look very convinced like it will happen even though we have reasonable odds winning those games (if you take the curse away).

I just get so disappointed when I feel like they give up. I guess it shows u really need more mature players for this time of the season. Dare I say we really need Day back (and Touk)....

Also, this is going to sound really harsh but I feel King and Luko demand so much money and theyre positions on the field from the club and they don't execute when really need it. I heard hardwick saying that he backs in King and he knows what's wrong with his kicking but has to work thro it, but man, it's really hard to watch when you think about the pressure they put on the club for them to be signed on big deals. I'm surprised King didn't come out swinging since he got subbed off at Dew's last game. Makes u really wonder what happened behind closed doors

The thing that I'm disappointed about is we played like we still have chances to make finals. Now we literally have to win every game to make it. Looking a hardwicks face in the post match press, he didn't look very convinced like it will happen even though we have reasonable odds winning those games (if you take the curse away).

I just get so disappointed when I feel like they give up. I guess it shows u really need more mature players for this time of the season. Dare I say we really need Day back (and Touk)....

Also, this is going to sound really harsh but I feel King and Luko demand so much money and theyre positions on the field from the club and they don't execute when really need it. I heard hardwick saying that he backs in King and he knows what's wrong with his kicking but has to work thro it, but man, it's really hard to watch when you think about the pressure they put on the club for them to be signed on big deals. I'm surprised King didn't come out swinging since he got subbed off at Dew's last game. Makes u really wonder what happened behind closed doors

Also, the booing of Dew wasn't cool. I'm guessing people were just emotive but jeez. Dew should have performed more in his time here but he was an inexperienced coach and might not have been cut out for enormity of the job. The whole thing wasnt cool

Also, the booing of Dew wasn't cool. I'm guessing people were just emotive but jeez. Dew should have performed more in his time here but he was an inexperienced coach and might not have been cut out for enormity of the job. The whole thing wasnt cool
Yeah it wasn’t appropriate.
It was muffled and not ferocious being there when it occurred.
But whatever, nobody at all should have done it.
He was sacked, its lot like he’s a Bedwetter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s no coincidence that the broadcast waited until Lions were guaranteed the win (and after a free too, I believe) to show his face on screen. They were baiting the crowd, for sure.

Just like they did for Hardwick when Richmond were up here.

It's going to be really tough and even winning all 4 matches won't necessarily guarantee it if our percentage isn't on point, but Hardwick did say during the week that he's going to give absolutely everything towards making the finals until it's mathematically dead. I know spirits are down right now but the crazy part is we're still just 1.5 wins behind 8th and if we win this game against West Coast then we'll be just 1 win behind the top 8 with 3 games to go (that 8th placed team could be the Dees who we play in round 23). It's been a crazy season of upsets and unpredictable results so you just never know what's going to happen from here but I'm not giving up until I hear Dimma say he's given up/he selects a team that shows he's given up.

Obviously it seems very unlikely to happen from our current position but in situations like these I think all you can do is just try to build some momentum and hope that can flow into the next game. I don't know if we deserve favouritism for this game but the bookies currently have us as $1.45 favourites to beat the Eagles out west. I saw some of the Western Derby yesterday and West Coast really only put together 2 solid quarters and were pretty awful for the rest of the game. Hopefully we can at least get to double digit wins in this game and then hope for the best from there.

Were they saying boo or dew?
6iW9DFT.jpg

I know others have pushed for it but does anyone else reckon Mac Andrew up forward could have insane potential? Could also make a difference in our hail mary for finals.

Only modern player that could resemble something even remotely similar to Buddy.

I know others have pushed for it but does anyone else reckon Mac Andrew up forward could have insane potential? Could also make a difference in our hail mary for finals.

Only modern player that could resemble something even remotely similar to Buddy.
All for it, he looks extremely dangerous up forward. Also when in the ruck, he has amazing athleticism that makes our midfield much more dynamic.
Long term, it's going to be awesome to see Mac and Read being unicorns rotating forward, back and back up ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - West Coast @ Optus Stadium - 2nd August 2024 - 8:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back