Review Round 21 - West Coast @ Optus Stadium - 2nd August 2024 - 8:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I know others have pushed for it but does anyone else reckon Mac Andrew up forward could have insane potential? Could also make a difference in our hail mary for finals.

Only modern player that could resemble something even remotely similar to Buddy.

Next year.
King, Walter, and Big Mac playing fwd/ruck.
No one else over 6 ft.

Keen for the 2nd suns game in the west.
Gonna have to play like they did in the 4th qtr against freo to get the job done. Massive friday night game, suns by 40

Keen for the 2nd suns game in the west.
Gonna have to play like they did in the 4th qtr against freo to get the job done. Massive friday night game, suns by 40
X-Files Nft GIF by patternbase

I reckon that Bodhi getting off the suspension could be a big factor getting us the win this week.
Bodhi is a freaken superstar. Like if doing on the field is leadership he is a future captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been too many almost games in the last month, topped off with alot of players out of form.

Just disappointing that we can fix alot of these issues mentally.

Ideally we get the job done against the Eagles, the last place we won away

Development

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I guess there's always a first time ;)
He was selected as a KPF
It does take time but it would have to be something magical he finds under the Christmas tree for him to come back as a 4-6 goalss a game guy and **** me I just want a team that doesnt need constant "development"

I guess there's always a first time ;)
He was selected as a KPF
It does take time but it would have to be something magical he finds under the Christmas tree for him to come back as a 4-6 goalss a game guy and **** me I just want a team that doesnt need constant "development"
Wow, surely not expecting him to kick 100 goals next year 😄

The thing with Jed as footy dumb as he appears he looks like he WANTS to succeed which is an important starting point.Unlike say Jack Watts who was mostly about swimming and ****
How many key forwards killed it in their first couple of years? I still remember Jamarra Ugle-Hagan struggles early or Charlie Curnow for that matter. Both spending a lot of time in VFL.

Not many KPFs have Walter's speed, pressure, appetite for contest.

I go with patience.

What magical stuff is going to happen over Summer to improve Jed?
Probably not a lot......but he's just turned 19yo, played 12 games.....I'm pretty confidant he'll become a good, maybe great forward.....as mentioned above, patience is needed.......sometimes that's not easy for most of us, after 13 yrs.......but we need to give the kid a break here.

Last edited:
Wow, surely not expecting him to kick 100 goals next year 😄
I may have misinterpreted eppo67 post but my point is I wouldn't be bracketing Jed with Ben King and Mac as being a consistent part of our forward setup next year given what I've seen this year.
They have both arrived as players and would be worth $1M+ on the open market IMO
Jed has potential and a desire to succeed
Good attributes

I may have misinterpreted eppo67 post but my point is I wouldn't be bracketing Jed with Ben King and Mac as being a consistent part of our forward setup next year given what I've seen this year.
They have both arrived as players and would be worth $1M+ on the open market IMO
Jed has potential and a desire to succeed
Good attributes

That is fair, but if he does play with those 2 he will just need to play his role. Be aggressive, hit packs, chase and tackle. Mac and King would do a lot of the heavy lifting, especially with marking. Jed would be the hefty boy.

But the underlying problem is Luko. Does he really fit in a good forward line as a 3rd tall or medium player? He is a good player, and over 100 games played, but not sure he does enough of what a good forward line needs from a 3rd tall/medium player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21 - West Coast @ Optus Stadium - 2nd August 2024 - 8:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back