Game Day Round 21 West Coast vs Carlton: The Judd-Kennedy-Marsden Cup

Who Wins the 4th Qtr

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh for ****s sake.

Carlton aren't a complete rabble, they're a team stacked with first round talent and actually have a competent coach for once. Just take a look at the results; they've beaten GWS, pushed both top teams and bottom teams, and generally have been competitive in nearly every game this season.

If there's anything to take out of this, be glad we have finally seen a 4th quarter where we've been pushed and actually fought back convincingly.
They're second last, 5-15 with a percentage under 80. We weren't playing Essendon in 2000

They're second last, 5-15 with a percentage under 80. We weren't playing Essendon in 2000

Carlton are better then what their ladder position suggests IMO.

This game isn't a first for them, they've done this to plenty of teams over the season and come up short on most occasations, except against GWS.

They're a side on the improve. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them appear in finals the next couple of seasons.

News to me that he was our only poor performer.
True... but in all the years going to Subi have never had Mrs Whisperer say.... for expletive sake cant they just take him off... he just does not look like he wants to be expletive out there.

Pretty well just summed it up.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg%3Fw%3D549
Got 2 tickets for tonight if anyone wants to come. In the open so will get wet if it rains.
Noone taken me up on these. Can't give tickets away to watch what the eagles dish up these days.... :p

Oh for ****s sake.

Carlton aren't a complete rabble, they're a team stacked with first round talent and actually have a competent coach for once. Just take a look at the results; they've beaten GWS, pushed both top teams and bottom teams, and generally have been competitive in nearly every game this season.

If there's anything to take out of this, be glad we have finally seen a 4th quarter where we've been pushed and actually fought back convincingly.
Its pretty sad when you have to boost up a piss weak bottom of the ladder team to make our win look good.
The bar is pretty low.
We are not even ggod flat trackers. What a waste of a season.

Its pretty sad when you have to boost up a piss weak bottom of the ladder team to make our win look good.
The bar is pretty low.
We are not even ggod flat trackers. What a waste of a season.

Additionally, it isn't very healthy to assume a nihilistic attitude about everything related to the club you support.

You do realise that Carlton, in 18th-17th position (don't remember), beat GWS, who were top of the ladder at that stage? That was actually the first time it happened in the history of the AFL.

Additionally, it isn't very healthy to assume a nihilistic attitude about everything related to the club you support.

You do realise that Carlton, in 18th-17th position (don't remember), beat GWS, who were top of the ladder at that stage? That was actually the first time it happened in the history of the AFL.
Pretty sure we lost to Pies when we were #1 and they were bottom back around 05 06.

Pretty sure we lost to Pies when we were #1 and they were bottom back around 05 06.
Yep. Round 9 2005. We were top of ladder with 8 wins vs Pies with 1 win on bottom of ladder. Loss.

Eh, IDK, but I remember reading somewhere that the Carlton win was a first in the AFL. Still, doesn't take away from the fact it was a pretty extraordinary win.

Eh, IDK, but I remember reading somewhere that the Carlton win was a first in the AFL. Still, doesn't take away from the fact it was a pretty extraordinary win.
Well GC and GWS were not around then.. so it was 16th rather than 18th. But 18th or 16th bottom of ladder is bottom of ladder....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are better then what their ladder position suggests IMO.

This game isn't a first for them, they've done this to plenty of teams over the season and come up short on most occasations, except against GWS.

They're a side on the improve. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them appear in finals the next couple of seasons.
I'd be surprised to see us there the way things are going

Fair comment as I don't want to be negative about the club but I( like many others I assume) am just extremely disappointed with the fact that we seem to have taken a step backwards in a season that promised so much at the start.
Seems to me that too many around the club are prepared to accept mediocrity.

Fair comment as I don't want to be negative about the club but I( like many others I assume) am just extremely disappointed with the fact that we seem to have taken a step backwards in a season that promised so much at the start.
Seems to me that too many around the club are prepared to accept mediocrity.

We're all disappointed about this season. I expected a top 4 finish along with nearly every other supporter, but that hasn't happened.

However, the excessive negativity gets to a point where it's just bordering on absurdity. Be upset, but try keep it in reason.

While pulling his boots on, Sharrod Wellingham is bitten by a radioactive mosquito, giving him the relative speed, reaction time and accuracy of a mosquito, as well as an unquenchable thirst for blood. He becomes the small forward we've desperately needed and kicks 8.0, but is suspended indefinitely by Monday for biting several Carlton players, two teammates and an umpire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 21 West Coast vs Carlton: The Judd-Kennedy-Marsden Cup

Back