Review Round 22, 2018 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrews should 100% be Captain next year. Zorko is just not up to it as a player because he gets his colours lowered too often and he certainly doesn’t have the right temperament.
No, l wouldn't want Andrews getting the captaincy yet. Still developing, no need to rush him to the top job. He is only 21 years old, wait till he is 24/5

Yeah I am the same, maybe everyone is just seeing what they want to see.
My thoughts are only from the footage showing Zorko getting right in his face and mouthing off, then making a big song and dance about handshakes. Just felt really childish, even if he is completely in the right.

Derby football between two sides with 4 wins after a long season... I don't know how anyone could expect both teams to not be jaded and that game to play out better than it did. Add in so many getable shots being missed, it would be pretty hard to keep up for the game.

I didn’t like what Zorko did and it’s not a good look. But beating it up as anything more than a bad look is garbage. The young players aren’t going to go and act like that because Zorko did. As for the captaincy - he lives and breathes the Lions and in a captain that’s what I’m looking for. Cut the childish crap out and do the talking with the play that earnt all Australian selection last year.

The narrative seems to be that we will show significant progression again next year. I’m not so certain. A lot of lessons to be learned yet.

I agree. This whole notion we are going to 'explode' and play finals is way overstated, I think next year will be just like this one, another raw devalopment year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anomaly..the higher the pick the better the player..it’s nearly a science

Was just a joke. I'm not stressing the difference between pick 2 & 5. We'll get a good player & there is no guarantee the player we get at 5 won't turn out better than the player taken at 1. It's about as much a science as aromatherapy is.

God was such an effort worth handing over pick 2 . Yes we all want to win when there is a reason too , just not sure tonight had a reason

Don't know how to feel actually

My lipreading of what Zorko said was:

**** you you uesless campaigner. **** you

Hmmmm

My reading was “What a sterling contest old chap, care for a snifter of brandy as a nightcap?”

I agree. This whole notion we are going to 'explode' and play finals is way overstated, I think next year will be just like this one, another raw devalopment year.

The general narrative is to double wins (8-10)
Given we’ve won 5 this season and lost about 5 by under 10, it’s not a far fetched expectation. It’s not a given, but it’s certainly achievable. You’d think we lost tonight with half the things being said.

No, l wouldn't want Andrews getting the captaincy yet. Still developing, no need to rush him to the top job. He is only 21 years old, wait till he is 24/5
Give it to Mitch then!

Geez you campaigners whinge. Drafts are lotteries. Dow, Cerra and Davies-Uniacke have showed nothing this year while Stephensen is showing plenty. Trusting the recruiting team to get a gem once again.
huh? Dow and Cerra have looked great l thought. Havent seen enough of NM to comment on LDU. Does seem to be a top 4 by articles and draftee watchers which will put us out of it

should have given robbo the medal - easily had the most impact on and off the field for the suns

good opportunity to give hinge/allison a game at half back next week - definitely a position where we need improvement

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2018 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back