Autopsy Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn defeats the Suns and Roughie kicks six

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game to watch live in understanding why the Suns are doing as poorly as they are, and to see how we used our players.
Most exciting thing apart from Roughy I think was the idea of using BB in defense- he seemed to do really well down there, and part of me wonders if this is Clarko trying to figure out how to both help Frawley if he goes around again, but also account for Patton coming into the side (albeit with a twist).
CJ looks like he's going to be a weapon, his explosiveness is something we've needed for a long time imo, and it'll be interesting to see what happens when Scrimma/Impey are back in the selection picture.
Wingard looks amazing in the middle, I kind of hope we miss out on Cogs so we can watch what he does when Titch is back! JOM also played a solid game I thought.

TOB/Nash looked really strong in the air today. Apart from his set shot, TOB looked incredibly dangerous tonight, and Nash's one on one contested marks were incredibly exciting for me.

Little OT, but I was pulled aside by the police at 3/4 time because I was reported for anti social behaviour for apparently along someone or a player a ***..

Police said it was an allegation, and asked for my drivers license, and the security ask me for my hawthorn membership. I categorically deny I would ever say anything like that, as its offensive and I have many friend who are in same sex relationships.

I felt I was treated poorly based on no evidence and pi**ed me off. I am had tempted to make a complaint myself, but should it be to the stadium? The police or the club ?
If you feel that aggrieved then you have every right to take it up with marvel stadium management.
They would be your first port of call I would imagine as security is under their management.

Not sure if it was picked up on TV - but a great moment today was when Dew had a nice word with Rough at the end of the honour guard and the crowd at the game let out a big ‘DEWWWW’ chant.

Great game to watch live in understanding why the Suns are doing as poorly as they are, and to see how we used our players.
Most exciting thing apart from Roughy I think was the idea of using BB in defense- he seemed to do really well down there, and part of me wonders if this is Clarko trying to figure out how to both help Frawley if he goes around again, but also account for Patton coming into the side (albeit with a twist).

JK and Darling destroyed us in the air in the first quarter last time we played the eagles so I wonder if it could just be Clarko trying to familiarise McEvoy a week early with playing behind the ball. Although when ball gets to ground with the eagles smalls it’s almost always gg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little OT, but I was pulled aside by the police at 3/4 time because I was reported for anti social behaviour for apparently along someone or a player a ***..

Police said it was an allegation, and asked for my drivers license, and the security ask me for my hawthorn membership. I categorically deny I would ever say anything like that, as its offensive and I have many friend who are in same sex relationships.

I felt I was treated poorly based on no evidence and pi**ed me off. I am had tempted to make a complaint myself, but should it be to the stadium? The police or the club ?
Police and stadium.

What a game. What a blessing for our club having Roughy around and then finishing his career as a one club player.

Still waiting for the replay of the game on Foxtel, not sure why it's not there yet.

This made me cry again :'(:'(:'( .

Thank you Roughy :) :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Just got home - and a fitting stage for big Rough to say farewell to the home crowd.
Good numbers there too, considering the late Sunday slot and that it pi**ed down before the match.

Loved Rough's celebration after his 6th.
Worps is a marquee player.
That Wingard fella goes OK
Tim starting to fill out that jumper.
CJ gives us something.
Hardwick has no fear
Burgoyne takes the piss.

Great way to spend a Sunday evening.

Thanks Rough

Agree with it all, and especially love your avatar!

What a way to send off the great man. Absolute legend of the game and one of the best to ever pull on the Brown & Gold. Can't think of a better way for him to end his career than like that.

So does Roughead play next week? Would be Rough to drop him after kicking 6.

I don't think he will play, he would've got himself up for today knowing it was his last go around and his body won't recover for a 6 day turnaround especially in Perth. Our guys were trying to pick him out all day and we were playing a rabble so it wasn't going to be difficult.

Next week is a different story entirely. Let him have this day as a lifelong memory to go out with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn defeats the Suns and Roughie kicks six

Remove this Banner Ad

Back