Preview Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd almost play Finn on Saad.

If we learned anything from Sunday, it's run and ball movement from half back that we struggle to defend. Our pressure from the fwds, on Whitfield, was putrid, and cost us the game.

Saad is their key to this.
We need Finn to become a permanent fixture in the 22. Nash has been good at blanketing mids but we need another tough physical body in the side that can physically hurt the opposition.

So here it is then, the club I love up against the club I hate the most!! And it's basically a knockout final of sorts! For the first time this year, I'm not confident at all. The bluuz will throw everything at this and with better experienced players will be able to get this one over us. Hogan , Whitfield and Greene were the dangers going into the Giants game and they proved to be the difference! I see something similar playing out on the weekend.
Curious why Carlton is your most hated, I’m not against it but I hate many more above them 😂

The week after a bad loss seems to take bloody forever. BF posts are depressing, and there is no happy content to devour.

How the hell is it only Wednesday?

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Essendon then Geelong for me though I have a begrudging respect for the Cats. Zero respect for the Bombers. So maybe Carlton are second as I have zero respect for them either.
Yes I think that's a very wide held ranking amongst Hawthorn supporters.

Personally I also detest the Bombers, I also begrudgingly respect the Cats but I've always had a soft spot for the Blues as my Grandfather used to support them so for me second on the list of hated teams is Collingwood (don't think I need to explain that one).

Curious why Carlton is your most hated, I’m not against it but I hate many more above them 😂

I only have two on my hate list. Essendon, for obvious reasons, and Melbourne, because their fickle supporters make that game the most unenjoyable on the whole calendar.

I’ve got a whole bunch of dislikes, though (from begrudged respect like Geelong or plastic artificialness like GWS). Pretty much every remaining side makes this list for one reason or another, valid or petty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be young. They were unquestionably the most arrogant team in the 70s, 80s and 90s. They scored a super-hot day in '87, which suited them way more than us. Otherwise, we could conceivably have won 4 flags in a row, and 5 in 6 years.

They were actually hard to hate as much during their 20 years of utter mediocrity, but now they're halfway decent again finally, the old feelings are resurfacing.

Damn I want to beat them so bad this week. Assisting to end their season would be SO good. Unfortunately they have an easy run after us....

I only have two on my hate list. Essendon, for obvious reasons, and Melbourne, because their fickle supporters make that game the most unenjoyable on the whole calendar.

I’ve got a whole bunch of dislikes, though (from begrudged respect like Geelong or plastic artificialness like GWS). Pretty much every remaining side makes this list for one reason or another, valid or petty.
Very much the same, the dees are putrid mcc is the funniest place when their losing but don’t mind Petracca, hate port and their two headed fans not understanding the rules, outside of them I don’t really hate any others, wish the Roos rivalry would fire up again cause their so shit I can’t hate them.

Essendon hatred is running through me, how I wish last game of the year was against them, would have been 100k at the mcg just before finals. Monumental stuff up by the afl fixturing.

You must be young. They were unquestionably the most arrogant team in the 70s, 80s and 90s. They scored a super-hot day in '87, which suited them way more than us. Otherwise, we could conceivably have won 4 flags in a row, and 5 in 6 years.

They were actually hard to hate as much during their 20 years of utter mediocrity, but now they're halfway decent again finally, the old feelings are resurfacing.

Damn I want to beat them so bad this week. Assisting to end their season would be SO good. Unfortunately they have an easy run after us....
thanks for making me feel young again haha, started in the 90s so my core memory of Carlton has always been that their losers, they have yet to change my mind.

Slightly left field, but I'd consider moving Hardwick forward if Dear is being rested.

If our mids work on not blazing away then the extra height not being there shouldn't be a huge factor.
Hardwick is so strong one-out that he is a contested marking threat anyway.

In - Serong Mackenzie
Out - Dear Ward

Very much the same, the dees are putrid mcc is the funniest place when their losing but don’t mind Petracca, hate port and their two headed fans not understanding the rules, outside of them I don’t really hate any others, wish the Roos rivalry would fire up again cause their so shit I can’t hate them.

Essendon hatred is running through me, how I wish last game of the year was against them, would have been 100k at the mcg just before finals. Monumental stuff up by the afl fixturing.
1723011367542.png

Slightly left field, but I'd consider moving Hardwick forward if Dear is being rested.

If our mids work on not blazing away then the extra height not being there shouldn't be a huge factor.
Hardwick is so strong one-out that he is a contested marking threat anyway.

In - Serong Mackenzie
Out - Dear Ward
Good shout, I’d do that regardless. They don’t have any small forwards we’d be losing sleep about.

Ward on the weekend didn't impact in fourth when we needed him too. Is bruest carrying an injury? Looks stiff and sore.
Out- ward, bruest.
In-mackenzie, Morrison
Finn very unlucky to miss out box hill boys doing really well this year.

I personally know too many loud mouth arrogant supporters who have been in hiding for twenty years telling me they don't watch or care about footy, especially in our threepeat years but everytime they win a couple of games in a row, you won't hear or get more obnoxious, self entitled, big headed, loud supporter group, I hope it never happens but just you wait till they win a premiership!!! You'll see that pies, tigers etc.. supporter bases are actually lot better than them. Let's hope though, that Carlton just die, shall we!!! 😆.

I personally know too many loud mouth arrogant supporters who have been in hiding for twenty years telling me they don't watch or care about footy, especially in our threepeat years but everytime they win a couple of games in a row, you won't hear or get more obnoxious, self entitled, big headed, loud supporter group, I hope it never happens but just you wait till they win a premiership!!! You'll see that pies, tigers etc.. supporter bases are actually lot better than them. Let's hope though, that Carlton just die, shall we!!! 😆.
Haha fair play! Fingers crossed you get to do burnouts on lygon street with 4 hawks flags out the window this Sunday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back