Preview Round 22, 2024: Carlton v Hawthorn, Sun 11 August, 1.10pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ was bad onball last week but I still think he impacts contests in a way that Ward simply doesn't through his running power. So often you'll see a transition from the Oppo 2v4 and CJ is the defensive wing trying to make an impact.

CJ has also gotten himself into a lot of scoring positions the past month through the same skill.

With Harry performing so well I'm sure that CJ would be playing for Box Hill if he wasn't ticking certain boxes, and from the safety of the stands/TV that's where I see him impacting, even if he isn't touching the ball.

CJ a bit lucky and Ward a little unlucky.

I think Serong might be a smokey to get a gig this week to help shore up the backline against McKay and Curnow.

I'm guessing one of Bruest or Gunston will be the sub which I am not sure is an optimal choice.

I was hoping Phillips got a gig. Serong at 193cm is still a little short and timid for mine. Missing Blanck frame and attack on the contest last week.

Mackensie sub? I would say Ambrosio, Worpel,Wiz are automatics. One of Dear or Serong will play. Serong in could also allow a def to switch and play Dear role.

Terrible call with Morrison in. 👎

Best case scenario he’s sub and comes on when we’re 10 goals up like the last 2 times he played.

Need physical players this week.

I think 'terrible call' is a bit dramatic and even a little audacious given that the selectors have a bit more knowledge than us plebs!

Morrison can contribute positively to our makeup, without being extraordinary. He isn't going to be the reason we lose this a game and doesn't require us to be 10 goals up to play.

I do think Morrison would be good sub option though, or at least better than many alternatives. Hope to sub Breust or Gunston off for more run in the second half, and he could provide that.

Who would you suggest instead?

Best case scenario he’s sub and comes on when we’re 10 goals up like the last 2 times he played.

Morrison isn’t necessarily in, the 3 to miss can comes from any spot (not just the extended bench).

I actually think Morrison offers a fair bit.

Overall, he's probably limited and eventually will be overtaken, but for now, he provides an option and experience when we often require it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJ a bit lucky and Ward a little unlucky.

I think Serong might be a smokey to get a gig this week to help shore up the backline against McKay and Curnow.

I'm guessing one of Bruest or Gunston will be the sub which I am not sure is an optimal choice.
Sarong seems so vanilla to me. I have never seen him do anything that has caught my eye or made me think ok thats something he brings to the team. Seamus Mitchell on the other hand i see as having real weapons with his speed and ball use. Am i missing something. Grateful if someone can help me understand why we would want him in the squad.

Google does not know or will not tell me when Hathorn last beat Carlton.
Does anybody know or was 2016 the last time?
2020, beat Carlton at Optus Stadium. Day kicked his first and Impey kicked a goal on return from his ACL injury.
Last 20 games

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 72
pure guess, but I'm thinking Sam might be a little spooked by the Whitfield dominance last week, and I could easily see Finn playing as a defensive HFF, or at least having him up his sleeve on game day.
reckon Breust gets a rest, Morrison sub, and Maginness in. Plus we might be a forward down, as Hardwick will be needed for Zac Williams.
Serong will be good in time, but it's a big ask to bring him back in to face the best key forwards combo in the AFL.

CJ was bad onball last week but I still think he impacts contests in a way that Ward simply doesn't through his running power. So often you'll see a transition from the Oppo 2v4 and CJ is the defensive wing trying to make an impact.

CJ has also gotten himself into a lot of scoring positions the past month through the same skill.

With Harry performing so well I'm sure that CJ would be playing for Box Hill if he wasn't ticking certain boxes, and from the safety of the stands/TV that's where I see him impacting, even if he isn't touching the ball.
Watch a live game with Ward and you’ll see how good his defensive running is. It’s his strength.

Morrison and CJ are also super strong here, as is Massimo who has grown into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back