Game Day Round 22 - Pies vs Cats Matchday Discussion (Marsh the sub, late change Cloke out and White in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed I was responding to Anzacday's comments. you really don't have a clue

I'm reading it again and just realising that you were saying Anzacday as in the posters name. Not ANZAC Day the match.

So sorry for that one.

You are trying to have a rational discussion with a person who is not playing with a full deck.

Really wish the mods would stop allowing posters to get away with shit like this. THATSGOLD cops it and I've seen other posters cop it, including myself despite us not posting in a similar way in return.

If you guys want to disagree, disagree by all means, but enough of the insults and shit. Please point me to ONE post where I've called you anything despite pearlers like our defenders not needing to play tight on their men.

Last edited:

Is is true that the Cats can still make finals (albeit relying on other results as well) if they win tonight?
If the Cats win their last 2 games and the Crows lose to the Eagles, Geelong play finals.

Of course it helps that Geelong play Adelaide next week.

I'm reading it again and just realising that you were saying Anzacday as in the posters name. Not ANZAC Day the match.

So sorry for that one.

Really wish the mods would stop allowing posters to get away with shit like this. THATSGOLD cops it and I've seen other posters cop it, including myself despite us not posting in a similar way in return.

If you guys want to disagree, disagree by all means, but enough of the insults and shit. Please point me to ONE post where I've called you anything despite pearlers like our defenders not needing to play tight on their men.
ed you call me naïve and playing bullshit, and I say you have deluded opinions . I don't see much difference but if it is seriously offending you I am sorry

If the Cats win their last 2 games and the Crows lose to the Eagles, Geelong play finals.

Of course it helps that Geelong play Adelaide next week.

Hmmm. Maybe we can win this one then. I think they might be a bit deflated after last weeks draw. I know we are already deflated, but surely we are due for a win. :drunk:

Pendles will absolutely turn it on tonight afterall that crap about the comments he made.

ed you call me naïve and playing bullshit, and I say you have deluded opinions . I don't see much difference but if it is seriously offending you I am sorry

The part of my post you're referring to is replying to Baltimore Jack.

The part of my post that was quoting you was an apology for misinterpreting your post.

Shpeshal Ed are you tipping us tonight man?

lol no.

But Collingwood are now in a lose/lose situation.

Win tonight? "Where was this over the last 2 months?"
Lose tonight? "God we're shit"

The part of my post that was quoting you was an apology for misinterpreting your post.

lol no.

How about a win tonight will give the boys confidence for next season? C'mon Ed, when you can't see the joy in winning it really is time to take a break.

lol no.

no worries I am disagreeing with you on the snoop thread with some statsm back up so I may still p you off by the end of the day

How about a win tonight will give the boys confidence for next season? C'mon Ed, when you can't see the joy in winning it really is time to take a break.

I'm not necessarily saying me in particular will have that attitude. I'm saying that will be the general attitude amongst a lot of Collingwood supporters.

I don't believe the results of the next 2 weeks will have any bearing on next year whatsoever. I mean, our second half to last year didn't affect our first half to this year. Each year is it's own thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't dominate the middle. We never dominate the middle. We said that the last time we played them and they still destroyed us in the middle. Once again, proving why I just try and ignore stats. They lie a lot.

As to your first point, I don't personally think another 100 point hammering means much long term. This group has been spent since the Port game. The only difference now is that they have nothing to play for so I'm basically expecting another 100 point hammering followed by an embarrassing loss to Essendon.

We get it. You think we are the Worst Side in the comp and we be lucky to get within 30 goals of the Cats.

I disagree of Course

I still think the Pies are a better team than Geelong. You guys just lost confidence with a tough run of opponents imo. Im penning Pendles in for a monster game and pies to win.

Agree we have a better side then the Pussy Cars but Confidence is Shot.

Need a good start and good use be foot to have a Chance to re-build the Confidence

I'm not necessarily saying me in particular will have that attitude. I'm saying that will be the general attitude amongst a lot of Collingwood supporters.

I don't believe the results of the next 2 weeks will have any bearing on next year whatsoever. I mean, our second half to last year didn't affect our first half to this year. Each year is it's own thing.

My main hope for victory tonight is to end Geelong's season. We owe them big time. As for next year I do think finishing off the season well will demonstrate to our young players that we are capable of more.

This is the problem.

Most on here said at the start of the year that there are no excuses this year. We had the easiest draw we've had in at least 6 years and barring a horrible injury run (which we haven't had), we should have been making finals this year. But then not only did we not make finals, we capitulated in the EXACT same manner as last year. Only a tad worse.

I'm sorry, but at some point, positivity has to give way to reality.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

I worry that supporters will be deterred by the weather and the later start. The Ponsford end has been dead all year. I dread to think how it'll look tonight.
Pies by 14, for a lost premiership.

I will be in the Ponsford stand but may be in the Legends Bar.

I worry that supporters will be deterred by the weather and the later start. The Ponsford end has been dead all year. I dread to think how it'll look tonight.
Pies by 14, for a lost premiership.

I also think Pie fans have given up on the Season.

Be way more Cat Fans then Pie Fans tonight.

I be up the top in the Ponsford Stand tonight and I am not expecting much company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back