Round 22 Pies vs Dogs Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Really need to get it right for Finals i think there might be one or two spots up for grabs

In Sidebottom
Out Wellingham

Really not a fan on Wellingham seems to me to be a very dumb footballer and a front runner and we all know front runners dont win finals

Sidebottom coming in will bring in a smart footballer who finds it easily tackles very well and is a very accurate kick

Also if Sidebottom doesnt do his job maybe look at someone like Mccarthy if he continues to show good form

I think we still need Dick in the team he just worries the opposition teams something shocking which results in them holding him and giving away free kicks

Cant really see many more changes Ben Johnson but i think we need his experience coming into finals and he seems like the only run with player we have atm

Also just on yesterdays game cant believe Heath Shaw didnt get a mention in the votes was amazing his ball control is freakish also maxwell was very good again it was good to see us win easily with our midfield not really firing at all

Good Signs coming into finals

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621575

Wellingham did well on O'Keefe I thought, I can't see him going out. I rate him pretty highly, does go missing a little bit but they is hardly surprising.

Dick was shocking yesterday, flattered by a couple of goals, but everytime the ball went near him in the first half he fumbled constantly, I couldn't believe it. I still prefer Sidey over Dick, but I doubt we'll see any changes.

Still pissed Rocca isn't in yet.

Our forwrad structure is working way to well to bring him in you cant bring in someone like Rocca in after this long and expect it all to click again

Anthony is our FF
Cloke is our CHF
Medhurst and Dick are our small forwards

Fraser or Wood go in there as a resting forward to cause match up problems

Its working way to well atm to go and stuff it all up

Rocca needs to play THIS week otherwise Lake will drub Anthony again.

Rocca needs to play a negating role on Lake. He beats him EVERY time he plays on him. Rocca NEEDS to be there this week.
rocca is no longer the player of yesteryear

There is also no guarantee lake would play on rocca, and if he did who is to suggest lake wont just run and zone off at every opportunity.

Basically you are over rating rocca's current capability and under rating Lake's

Rocca simply won't play this week, unless Jack or Cloke are rested because of slight injuries that don't exist at the moment.

Sidebottom is a certainty, and don't be surprised if Barham or McCarthy get a game, MM still sees improvement in this team, and one of these 3 might be the boost we need.

Personally, I'd like to see;

In: Sidebottom, McCarthy (reward for working hard at rehab)

Out: Wellingham, Davis/Pendlebury (rest one of them)

Out: Davis/Pendlebury (rest one of them)

Disagree, you have seen what has happend to St Kilda since resting players, keep all in the best 22 switched on for the finals.

I'm with Shpeshal!

Rocca must play!

But the question is; who do we drop? I have no idea. We need to maintain our pace as the Bullies are a very quick team.

Maybe bring him for the first final.

I DON'T KNOW; I'M SO CONFUSED!

LOL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocca needs to play THIS week otherwise Lake will drub Anthony again.

Rocca needs to play a negating role on Lake. He beats him EVERY time he plays on him. Rocca NEEDS to be there this week.

Being unfair on Anthony i think

He was in a form slump and was under injury cloud during that month

Anthony is doing the job Rocca will be in the team to do.

Contesting in the air and bringing the ball to ground, Anthony can contest much better at ground level and gives a great second effort. Also a better shot a goal

No point in dropping Anthony for Rocca

Anthony is doing the job Rocca will be in the team to do.

Contesting in the air and bringing the ball to ground, Anthony can contest much better at ground level and gives a great second effort. Also a better shot a goal

No point in dropping Anthony for Rocca

Anthony won't go out for Rocca.

It'll be one of:

Toovey
Brown
Wellingham (hopefully not wellingham)

Leigh Brown was worthless against the dogs last time as they don't have a match up for him. He almost cost us the game.

It's the perfect opportunity for Rocca to regin some match fitness and assert some dominance in the forward line. It will free up Jack when Lake mans up on Rocca.

Anthony won't go out for Rocca.

It'll be one of:

Toovey
Brown
Wellingham (hopefully not wellingham)

Leigh Brown was worthless against the dogs last time as they don't have a match up for him. He almost cost us the game.

It's the perfect opportunity for Rocca to regin some match fitness and assert some dominance in the forward line. It will free up Jack when Lake mans up on Rocca.
Watch the game again, I think you'll find out it was O'bree that almost cost us the game. All the Rocca talk needs to stop, he cannot come into the team so close to finals and disrupt the structure of the forward line now. There is no basis for his selection regarding form. Playing average VFL games against average opponents doesn't call for selection, and with the team we have fielded over the pass month and the performance they have displayed, definitely does not warrant omission.

I think it was just cramp.

I was watching him walk off the field after the game. No limp, and no ice.

Rocca's in this week. For sure.

Malthouse has talked many times about Rocca bein gin our best 22, and we need him there.

I agree A Rocca in Sidebottom in and not sure about N Brown M Clark and Goldsack

Davis or Pendles "General Soreness" Beams "General Soreness". Horses for courses Goldsack in Presti "rested sorry General soreness"

Suddenly we then have 27 to pick from. No change means we have 22 to pick from we 1 of the finals. Does it matter to lose this week We know we can beat the cats but lets get StKilda at the MCG early in the finals.

I'm with Shpeshal!

Rocca must play!

But the question is; who do we drop? I have no idea. We need to maintain our pace as the Bullies are a very quick team.

Maybe bring him for the first final.

I DON'T KNOW; I'M SO CONFUSED!

LOL!

lets just go with 23

Leigh Brown out for Goldsack, and I'm not a Leroy knocker - but we don't need him and Presti against the mosquito fleet.

alternatively, give Presti the rest - he has played 21 games and the wrong side of 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 22 Pies vs Dogs Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back