Preview Round 22 v Saints Marvel Stadium Sunday August 13th 3.20pm - Last Chance Saloon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt see us playing Cumberland, Bauer, Riewoldt, Martin and Pickett all in the 1 team. One of Cumberland/Bauer will go for Dusty. I would try going with speed and playing Baker, Coulthard and MRJ all together in the forward line and try and bring pressure. I don't see a huge need for Pickett or Graham. I'd keep Cumberland in over Bauer.
Picket to sub. Seriously adds nothing that Bauer or Cumbo wouldn't except he's 30 odd.

This Sunday we play our 2nd straight game at Marvel Stadium, this time against the Saints in what is the final chance we have to keep our finals hopes alive. Being a game and a half outside the 8 with a poor % we will need everything to go our way to be able to make it but it won't happen unless we can defeat the Saints on their home deck.

Like us the Saints have managed only 2 wins from their last 5 games, with their 2 wins being against Hawthorn and North, while they have lost to Melbourne Gold Coast and Carlton. The Saints aren't generally a high scoring team, in fact we've actually outscored them by 100 points this year, the problem is that defensively they are quite solid having conceded the 3rd lowest points against this year. It was only back in round 14 that we beat them at the MCG by 20 points so it's not like we can't beat them but that was also Cotchins 300th and I don't think we were ever going to lose that game.

In that game Taranto led the way in the midfield with 38 disposals 10 tackles 6 clearances and a goal, while old campaigners in Martin (35 disposals & 6 clearances) Cotchin (29 disposals 5 tackles 5 clearances and 2 goals) & Prestia (25 disposals 6 tackles & 7 clearances) wound back the clock to their glory days to provide great support. A few weeks later though and Prestia is probably the only one playing anywhere near that sort of level, with Martin and Cotchin unable to get up for the game against the Dogs and Taranto seemingly slowing down a little after carrying the load for most of the year. We will need to have all 4 of them at the best to be able to match it with the Saints midfield that can rack up big numbers themselves.

What will win this game is which teams forwards can capitalize best on their opportunities. We rolled out a different looking forward line against the Dogs with Bauer & Cumberland getting an opportunity to play alongside Jack and while we didn't get the result against the Dogs it should be given another crack against the Saints to see if they can click. After all it's got to be better than kicking it to Jack 3 on 1 and watching him getting belted in the twilight of his career. At the other end of the ground the Saints have their own concerns with their lack of scoreboard impact. Against Carlton they managed 8 goals for the game despite having 7 goals to half time and our back line will be looking to make amends after having a couple of big scores/bags kicked against them in recent weeks.

Now I know that a lot of posters are calling for us to wheel out the kids, but I don't expect it to happen this week especially given it's effectively the last chance we have to keep finals alive. So I'm expecting to see the likes of Grimes Martin & Cotchin all returning while we're likely to lose Hopper & Rioli to injury while Soldo is a chance to make way to give us a better balanced side to try and go with the Saints after we were unable to run with the Dogs on Friday night.

Possible Line Up:
B: Balta Young Grimes
HB: Short Broad Vlastuin
C: McIntosh Taranto Ross
HF: Pickett Bolton Baker
F: Cumberland Martin Riewoldt
R: Nankervis Prestia Cotchin
INT: Coulthard Graham Banks Bauer
EMG: Soldo Dow Brown Mansell

Heart says Tigers break their Marvel hoodoo and get the win to keep our hopes alive, but the head says the Saints get over the line in a close one to finally put us out of our misery.
I doubt Cotchin will play, he said in his presser that he has a calf niggle and hopefully would be available next week

B: Nyoun Balta Young
HB: Trezise Brown Ralphsmith
C: Ross Taranto Banks
HF: Coulthard Bauer Bolton
F: M.Rioli Bradtke Cumberland
R: Soldo Bolton Dow
INT: Ryan Baker Short Martin

BacksNoah Balta21Dylan Grimes2Tylar Young45
Half-BacksJayden Short 15Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Jack Ross5
Half-ForwardsJack Graham34Liam Baker7Matthew Coulthard26
ForwardsJacob Bauer43Jack Riewoldt8Dustin Martin4
FollowersToby Nankervis25Dion Prestia3Shai Bolton29
Interchange:Sam Banks41Nathan Broad35Ivan Soldo20
Hugo Ralphsmith13Thomson Dow27Marlion Pickett50
Rhyan Mansell31Samson Ryan32
In: Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Hugo Ralphsmith, Thomson Dow, Samson Ryan
Out: Jacob Hopper (concussion), Noah Cumberland (concussion)

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/afl/game-day-hub/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clubs going to be investigated for these concussions at training, first MRJ now cumbo

Rules Cumberland out of the north game aswell, doubt he’d be selected for port if forwards stay fit

Dogs might’ve been his last game for us

In: Dusty Ryan
Out: Hopper Cumberland

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The clubs going to be investigated for these concussions at training, first MRJ now cumbo

Rules Cumberland out of the north game aswell, doubt he’d be selected for port if forwards stay fit

Dogs might’ve been his last game for us

In: Dusty Ryan
Out: Hopper Cumberland

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I like those changes but there's no way they don't bring in a co-captain that's named and available, bombers wouldn't even do that heppell

I don't know these umps, probably a good thing

Umpires
John Howorth (17), Alex Whetton (19), Andre Gianfagna (27), Matthew Young (38)
the third one seems like a carltoon supporter

What Cumbo do?
Machete Meehan let that one slip past the members the dirty campaigner
prob curcumsized him in his sleep and needs a week to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back