Preview Round 22 v St Kilda Marvel Stadium Sunday August 11 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

that forward line ****ing hell

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Just want to see Bauer get a couple of games, I reckon he'll surprise a lot of people. I see a genuine gun player if he can get a fair shake at it.
One of the most bizarre omissions this year. I know he started the year off with injuries, but he’s returned for a while now.

Not sure why this week’s his first possible return given our forward line woes

One of the most bizarre omissions this year. I know he started the year off with injuries, but he’s returned for a while now.

Pretty sure he was playing in the backline until we picked up Blight. When Gray went down we had no one else to move up forward.

Pretty sure he was playing in the backline until we picked up Blight. When Gray went down we had no one else to move up forward.
But he can play forward. We’ve ping-ponged both Balta and Bauer around in their time with us. Not ideal, but Bauer playing forward at AFL level is better than him not playing at all.

He can play the forward role after all, so I think we should’ve given him a shot the moment Lefau got injured. I’m OK with the match committee’s overall selection decisions this year (much better than the awful selections last year), but the Bauer one still doesn’t make sense to me. He’s just playing VFL while we’re bereft of tall marking forwards. Even if he would fail, at least we’d have tried something that makes logical sense.

They should put us out of our misery and end it as soon as one team kicks six goals.
Yeah but we've got another game next week, so this one won't finish

How on earth is

Coulthard​

picked no matter how crap we are he is a disaster. Must be making sure our tanking is up to scratch lol.
The MC have continually (stubbornly) employed the revolving door policy at the selection table. Just recycling the same players that constantly fail. The players they keep bringing in are not the answer. Says a lot for our poor drafting and development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he’s been injured a couple times and only had a decent run of games recently. Form hasn’t been all that great.

Just shows how bad our injuries are at the moment, Coulthard and Cumberland would probably be playing Coburg reserves in the old days. I’d be shocked if they were on our list next year.

hes actually threatening to have a big one, his marks have started sticking and his goal kicking has improved. one of the few highlights of the latter half of the season.
Yeah he's been fine for what we paid. Would've been nice to see him play alongside Lynch for an extended period. Looks best as 2nd ruck IMO.

The MC have continually (stubbornly) employed the revolving door policy at the selection table. Just recycling the same players that constantly fail. The players they keep bringing in are not the answer. Says a lot for our poor drafting and development.
Missed the fact that we have about 1/3 of the list currently injured which leaves us with little choice but to shuffle the same players around.

Missed the fact that we have about 1/3 of the list currently injured which leaves us with little choice but to shuffle the same players around.
I fully understand that we have been decimated with injuries, that at times has meant we recycle these guys, but when you draw the line and say enough is enough? The guy(s) just doesn't have it.

I fully understand that we have been decimated with injuries, that at times has meant we recycle these guys, but when you draw the line and say enough is enough? The guy(s) just doesn't have it.
We need to select a squad of 26 every week. Our injuries and Martins retirement meant we have 30 available to play this week. Ross Maurice Fawcett and Pickett were all confirmed as playing VFL this week. Means the remaining 26 get named for this game.

And field who vfl non listed Richmond players in their place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back