Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's what I thought. Just surprised Harry was mentioned at all I guess, considering Harvey has been the one mentioned to replace Jordy.
Yeah, just figure i would mention it when talking about positions. Not saying he would have replaced jordy, but that it was a surprise positioning

swans will torch us in there if they go this route

Pendles + Lippa at CB, would be the slowest centre square combo in the league

Pendles was on the wing when lippa was in the midfield then it was rotated

The combination was lippa. Crisp. Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swans will torch us in there if they go this route

Pendles + Lippa at CB, would be the slowest centre square combo in the league
I was thinking maybe try Lippa at half back but his first 3 steps are probably ruckman standard if we are being honest, the lack of leg speed is gonna be a liability anywhere other than maybe half forward really. It is a shame he doesnt have better evasiveness to combat the issue

I was thinking maybe try Lippa at half back but his first 3 steps are probably ruckman standard if we are being honest, the lack of leg speed is gonna be a liability anywhere other than maybe half forward really. It is a shame he doesnt have better evasiveness to combat the issue
Mitchell is slow (not sure who'd win a foot-race btw the two of them) but he can /does & has played purely inside as that burrowing wombat to feed it out. So his pace isn't so much an issue unless it's an all-out yo yo'ing transition game btw the arcs with very little stoppage.

Lippa on the other hand, for mine, could be used (persisted with) as a wing where his absolute speed (lack thereof) can be masked by elite endurance. But he must be prepared to run deep into defence & deep forward and also get busy at laying tackles. His aversion to body contact & tackling - in addition to speed issue - makes him a liability, especially with our current game style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The centre bounces this morning.

Lippa. Crisp. Nick (originally Lippa was wing, and Pendles middle, but pendles told them to swap)
Sidey and and Pendles wing
Thanks Jen. Did Long run through CBA at all?

Mitchell is slow (not sure who'd win a foot-race btw the two of them) but he can /does & has played purely inside as that burrowing wombat to feed it out. So his pace isn't so much an issue unless it's an all-out yo yo'ing transition game btw the arcs with very little stoppage.

Lippa on the other hand, for mine, could be used (persisted with) as a wing where his absolute speed (lack thereof) can be masked by elite endurance. But he must be prepared to run deep into defence & deep forward and also get busy at laying tackles. His aversion to body contact & tackling - in addition to speed issue - makes him a liability, especially with our current game style.
I have no doubt Mitchell is quicker than Lipinski especially over the first couple of steps. I think he'd only be quicker than Cox and Cameron at the club. Frampton's goal vs Gold Coast last year should have been lipinski's goal but Frampton ran past him..
Wing could be an option but I feel they tried that already

* Cox and Maynard didnt participate.

Match ups:

Black forwards: Mcstay. WHE. Hill. Jamie. Schultz. Beau v White defenders: Dean. Reef. Eyre. Parker. TJ. Markov
Black Defenders: JDaicos. Noble. IQ. Frampton. Moore. Howe v White Forwards: HH. Harry ( :O) Richards. Johnson. Kreuger

Midfield: Back - Nick. Lippa. Crisp ( Pendles, Sidey wings) DC ruck v White: Long. Allan. Fin (Sullivan. Bytel wings) Kreuger ruck

anyone recall Schultz (freo days) spending any time at CB?

he's hard-as-a-cats head, eager to tackle & throw his body around so wouldn't mind seeing him used in there (short bursts, along with McCreery) to see if he could do a job ..more likely defensive given he's also not a speed merchant

By training this morning, Lippa was used primary on ball. Sometimes on wing, but mostly at centre bounce.

Harry was also down forward. Makes sense, as he thinks he can become that mid forward player.
Yikes. We're in deep trouble if we're gonna use Lippa at centre bounces. Swans mids will out-muscle and run off him all day.

On recent form and to help the team, the best position for Lippa is Left Right Out.

Last edited:
anyone recall Schultz (freo days) spending any time at CB?

he's hard-as-a-cats head, eager to tackle & throw his body around so wouldn't mind seeing him used in there (short bursts, along with McCreery) to see if he could do a job ..more likely defensive given he's also not a speed merchant

I wouldn't mind seeing him in there at times. Reckon he would have a red hot crack at clearances.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in there at times. Reckon he would have a red hot crack at clearances.
I'm actually surprised he hasn't been tried there yet.
I think he's got the attributes to do well rotating through the midfield.

Yikes. We're in deep trouble if we're gonna use Lippa at centre bounces. Swans mids will out-muscle and run off him all day.

On recent form and to help the team, the best position for Lippa is Left Right Out.
Lippa at 190cm is taller than all their mids, most of whom are 186cm or less, with Gulden at 175vm.
Agree pace is an issue but, there’s no Cripps type 194cm monster in the Swans midfield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back