Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swans made light work of us on the G at the start of the year when we were poor.

In reality after a season of injury, aging legs and patchy form I'm not sure we're any better equipped this time around either.

Our best hope is that Sydney of late haven't been the Sydney we first faced and we pray that form line continues for another week.

They've had their arse handed to them 2 weeks in a row. They're on the ropes and i hope we knock the campaigners out tonight.

Changes since we last met:

Collingwood out:
De Goey 20 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal
Dean 12 disposals, 6 marks
Johnson 3 disposals, 1 mark
Macrae 8 disposals 26% TOG
Markov 12 disposals 5 marks
Mihocek 7 disposals, 2 marks

Collingwood in:
Long
Frampton
Richards
Bytel
Noble
McStay

Sydney out:

McInerney 21 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal
Melican 9 disposals, 5 marks
Papley 17 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal
Wicks 2 disposals, 1 goal 22% TOG

Sydney in:
Mills
Adams
Parker
Cleary

The Swans made light work of us on the G at the start of the year when we were poor.

In reality after a season of injury, aging legs and patchy form I'm not sure we're any better equipped this time around either.

Our best hope is that Sydney of late haven't been the Sydney we first faced and we pray that form line continues for another week.

Yep, it’s really hard to make a sensible case for us winning tonight given the location, quality of opposition, our taxing fixture, inconsistent form and absence of four key Best-22 players in DeGoey, Mihochek, Mitchell and Murphy.

Then again, no team does backs-to-wall inspirational victories better than we do! Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowbottom commented during the week that the Swans were physically and mentally exhausted.
He was probably trying to lull us into a false sense of security, but, given the way they've played in the last few weeks, there could be something in it.
Come on Pies!!
A fast start, then keep going!!

Rowbottom commented during the week that the Swans were physically and mentally exhausted.
He was probably trying to lull us into a false sense of security, but, given the way they've played in the last few weeks, there could be something in it.
Come on Pies!!
A fast start, then keep going!!
No doubt, its a long season. But they were given a couple days off to re-fresh physically and mentally.

Changes since we last met:

Collingwood out:
De Goey 20 disposals, 7 marks, 1 goal
Dean 12 disposals, 6 marks
Johnson 3 disposals, 1 mark
Macrae 8 disposals 26% TOG
Markov 12 disposals 5 marks
Mihocek 7 disposals, 2 marks

Collingwood in:
Long
Frampton
Richards
Bytel
Noble
McStay

Sydney out:
McInerney 21 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal
Melican 9 disposals, 5 marks
Papley 17 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal
Wicks 2 disposals, 1 goal 22% TOG

Sydney in:
Mills
Adams
Parker
Cleary

Long huge downgrade on De Goey
Frampton an upgrade on Dean
Richards an upgrade on Johnson
Bytel an upgrade on Macrae
Noble an upgrade on Markov
McStay not really an upgrade nor downgrade on Mihocek

So hopefully the upgrade on all of those players outweighs us missing De Goey

No doubt, its a long season. But they were given a couple days off to re-fresh physically and mentally.

Coupled with a flight back from Adelaide and a six day break? Hopefully it won’t make much of a difference.

i'm getting nervous as 7:40 approaches. I told myself after the loss to Hawthorn that from now on I could relax because there was no way we'd make finals.

But still I feel my heart pounding, 1 hour before the start of the game, just as I did last week against Carlton.

I feel like this team will never give in. I feel like this team does not understand the meaning of the phrase "mission impossible"

Therefore I can never relax, and feel as I usually do that everything hinges on the result tonight.

Go Pies!!

What a pity the Swans reached absolute rock bottom last week,You just know they’re going to come out firing against us this week,especially at that tiny,congested little ground of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back