Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: De Goey, Long
In: Krueger, Sullivan

We were well beaten in the air by Carlton's intercept contested marking defenders in Weitering and McGovern (McStay was dominated), and I think we bring in Krueger to prevent that from happening against Swans.
I agree. We were at our best when we played all of Mihocek, McStay, Cox and Cameron in the side last year. We need someone to take that Mihocek role

couple of centre square bounces where long just let cripps burst forward unchecked .... poor effort given carltons last quarter surge was being driven from the ruck contest ..... he can play but he needs to learn the stopage craft better - especially when the other team has a run on like that

id drop him on the back of that effort but then degoeys absence means he likely gets a reprieve

parker/hh in for jdg

I forgot Sully. And HH.

Reckon it's just one change and it's one of those two.
I’m not sure how Ned Long can survive after it being the 5th game in a row he’s failed to register over 10 possessions despite playing mostly in the middle. He surely can’t be considered for his defensive ability when he was burned by Cripps every time he was on him.

I’m not sure how Ned Long can survive after it being the 5th game in a row he’s failed to register over 10 possessions despite playing mostly in the middle. He surely can’t be considered for his defensive ability when he was burned by Cripps every time he was on him.

True. I've changed my mind now.

Aw man I just remembered Markov as well 😂

Out: Long, De Goey
In: Sully/Allan, Krueger

We need some more aerial threat. When Cox rests on bench and Cameron is in the ruck Mcstay is our only real marking target up forward, other the. Howe/Elliot but we need Howe back, and I prefer Elliot to play as a pressure small forward anyway. Preserve his back a little more you know.

Bytel looked ok. But he’s on notice with some of the things he did too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we had appropriate options, Quaynor would be getting looked at strongly. Had a very poor year, I could see Reef challenging for his role but isn't ready yet. Likely safe for this year with degoey coming out and long not contributing much.
Sidey also now playing more poor games than good ones, but I suspect this year might be his last.
Changes
Out: de goey, long
In: Kreuger, mcrae( unlikely but I want to see him get 1 final crack).

Well they just lost by over 100 points.

They either come out with fire out of their mouths hammering Pies all game.... or they come out with no confidence and a broken mind.

If we had appropriate options, Quaynor would be getting looked at strongly. Had a very poor year, I could see Reef challenging for his role but isn't ready yet. Likely safe for this year with degoey coming out and long not contributing much.
Sidey also now playing more poor games than good ones, but I suspect this year might be his last.
Changes
Out: de goey, long
In: Kreuger, mcrae( unlikely but I want to see him get 1 final crack).
I like Reef but he's nowhere near Quaynor as a defender. Quaynor has good instincts back there.

My problem with Bytel is he gives up on the play too easily. There was a couple if times he let the ball go out of bounce when he could have picked it up and pushed the ball forward for opportunities.

He justl ooked like he didn't want to be tackled or put effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back