Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way i see, give it everything we’ve got for 3 weeks,rest up the bye week before finals and go all out for another 4 weeks!
If we can get it done and make finals with some results going our way I’d reckon every team in the finals would be nervous.
It do or die on friday. Either we survive another week, or season over.

we discard long because hes hopeless
I’d persist because I think he really hasn’t learnt to play the position properly.
A simple example- with his size he needs to be hitting contest at stoppage with speed just like Cripps. Accordingly, he would be very hard to stop and comfortably break tackles which would elevate his effectiveness dramatically.
At present he’s way to tentative in such circumstances, and just happy to take the contact to create a stoppage.

To my eye, Lipinski is the least intense player on the field. He rarely puts his body on the line to make a big tackle or bump. He turns up late to contests and joins in tackles initiated by others, which makes him look like he’s playing contested footy but really, he isn’t. In a gladiatorial battle for survival, I see him as the weakest link.
This is exactly how I view Lippa these days. He's an average footballer, who may run up and down the ground a lot (waiting to be used as a link player perhaps?), but for whatever reason, is not prepared to dig in and attack the ball. He had zilch impact when he came on to replace Jordy. I doubt that bruise-free footy is what we need at this stage of the season.
He frustrates the hell out of me and surely this is as good a reason as any to drop him ;) :D

If we get over Sydney we should be fine

Melbourne has been our bitch for 6 years and we’ve now scarred Brisbane thanks to the Grand Final

As long as we hold up our end of the bargain we should be ok. If we can manage a couple of big wins (like 35+) it would help a lot

Checkers and Mitchell can be back (though unlikely) for finals if we make it.

De Goey is cooked though. But if we make finals we could go in only missing De Goey. Which I’ll take at this point.
No way Checkers is back.
It’s at least a 12 week injury according to Wade - and the AFL app says 8-10 weeks to go.

There's legit 6 players you could bring in this week and make it work structurally; Kreuger, Markov, Richards, Harrison, McInnes or Parker. Hell even Allan or DeMattia on their last game could get the nod.

On the flip side the player who does come in probably isn't going to be the difference.

I'd be bringing in a forward to replace DeGoey though. And one that's decent at ground level. So probably HH or Richards.

If we get over Sydney we should be fine

Melbourne has been our bitch for 6 years and we’ve now scarred Brisbane thanks to the Grand Final

As long as we hold up our end of the bargain we should be ok.

De Goey is cooked though. But if we make finals we could go in only missing De Goey. Which I’ll take at this point.
I admire your optimism greatly I really do and wish I could muster some. However, I think without Jordy we are stuffed. The only other bull we have in the team is Bruzzy and it's the aggressive attitude of players like these two (I may have missed someone - maybe Kreuger?), that is a prerequisite for success in finals I reckon. Hope I'm wrong. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be amazed if we won all three. I can't see it happening, but we'll see soon enough.

The Sydney game is the tricky one for me

We’ll win the other two

The Sydney game is the tricky one for me

We’ll win the other two
Yeah, cuz. Only reason I have any hope is they have been cr@p, especially at home (bar North), and they got blown completely out of the water by the Power.

That said, I haven't watched a game in six weeks. Only found we won from the butcher, earlier, and in addition to that, what happened to the Swans. So, I'll leave it to your superior judgement 👍

Ok
They won't do it but my observations have been if sidebum has less than a 7 day break he struggles

So bloody rest him
Out side bum in Richards.
Out de goey in mcinnes
Out bytel in Harrison
Out long in Krueger

This is exactly how I view Lippa these days. He's an average footballer, who may run up and down the ground a lot (waiting to be used as a link player perhaps?), but for whatever reason, is not prepared to dig in and attack the ball. He had zilch impact when he came on to replace Jordy. I doubt that bruise-free footy is what we need at this stage of the season.
He frustrates the hell out of me and surely this is as good a reason as any to drop him ;) :D
Yeah, Lippa has become a big disappointment. He's still an excellent kick, especially when delivering the ball inside F50, but his lack of breakaway speed and unwillingness to play with any real physicality make him a huge liability, especially when we desperately need senior midfield players to step up to cover the absences of Mitchell and DeGoey (and Taylor Adams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back