Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just watched Fly's presser from today.
Takeaways:
looked and seemed a little subdued.
Finn is not being considered for selection.
No indication whatsoever as to who is.

Takeaways:
How well will their rucks (Grundy) feed their midfield, with us missing Mitchell and De Goey?

Missing Murphy down back, and Mihocek up forward, means we can’t afford to be beaten up in the mids.

Last edited:
Takeaways:
I think Lipinski file will come into the starting 22.
One of the VFL boys as sub.
We can win this.

Sydney have been starting terrible in their first qtrs all year
watch them come out and kick 5-6 in the first 15-20 mins and us slowly getting back into the game over the last 3 qtrs to fall just short

Last week was our GF. Reckon we will be flat and lose by 40
Ease up big cheech! Ignore the logic. We still need to get up for Jezza's 250th :p

Also, we only play our GF in September. Everyone else has to play theirs against us. Plus, Sydney already played theirs ;)
i firmly believe that cost us a a premeirship in 2022
i think we could have beaten Geelong the following week
Ugh. **** of Papley :rolleyes: Also, we still need a please explain for the Geelong QF, which could have gone either way if some free kicks had been paid. Never should have left them out that back for that last goal, nor let them kick one straight from a centre bounce, after JDG put us two goals up. The Sydney game though, being six goals down made it hard yakka to come back. Geelong always knew it was a training drill against the competition's NRL team.
we at least would have challenged them - unlike Sydney
Kes, fair dinkum, it was over half way through the first. I will never know how Tomadawk gets off the leash like that, when from all reports, he can't even bend over to wipe his backside, let alone pick up a football!

Just a waste, really. Missus is Geelong. She took a nap after they'd kicked their 5th or 6th goal. We did get one last year I suppose, but alas like 2011, another opportunity gone begging, because of COLA :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remembered how happy Adams looked from the sidelines when they knocked us off in round 1. Didn't help we'd just gone 0-2 and I was already flat but gee I'd love to give them a touch up.
Unlike some, I have little sympathy for Adams. He walked out on us. He was a leader of our club. He had a role to play, one not too dissimilar to the one he is playing now at the Swans.

He tried to suggest Fly had written him off at the exit interview but I saw nothing in that discussion which suggested he considered him to be outside of our best 23.

He missed the grand final because his body broke down just as he missed the preliminary final the year before. Yet he seemed bitter and angry with the club.

If he had stayed fit, he would be a premiership player and no doubt still be at Collingwood.

Unlike some, I have little sympathy for Adams. He walked out on us. He was a leader of our club. He had a role to play, one not too dissimilar to the one he is playing now at the Swans.

He tried to suggest Fly had written him off at the exit interview but I saw nothing in that discussion which suggested he considered him to be outside of our best 23.

He missed the grand final because his body broke down just as he missed the preliminary final the year before. Yet he seemed bitter and angry with the club.

If he had stayed fit, he would be a premiership player and no doubt still be at Collingwood.
Typical emotional club supporter response. He would have been mad not to look around when his spot was under threat. The 3 year offer was too good to refuse.

Although his interviews this year were a bit ordinary.

There are always small moments that can change games.
Against the scum there were a couple of late ones that could have affected the result.
With about a minute left, why did Jamie Elliott just let the ball go OOB when there was no scum player within 20 metres of him?
DC, who had a great game, didn't get body on Pittonet in the final ruck contest, allowing him to the get the ball to McGovern, who fortunately missed after the siren.

In any case, we've beaten the scum twice this year, which is something we can take out of the season, whether we make the finals or not.
There was only Weitering up ahead in an acre of space. If he had gathered the pill and turned back into trouble he would risk being pinged or turning it over in a dangerous position.

If he kicked it forward, Weitering swoops and sets up another attack from an equally dangerous position.

Typical emotional club supporter response. He would have been mad not to look around when his spot was under threat. The 3 year offer was too good to refuse.

Although his interviews this year were a bit ordinary.
I'll never apologise for being emotional about the club I love. When a leader walks out for what I'd think would be one year more on a contract and walks into the arms of a contending opponent forgive me for not wishing him well.

I'll never apologise for being emotional about the club I love. When a leader walks out for what I'd think would be one year more on a contract and walks into the arms of a contending opponent forgive me for not wishing him well.
We know you love the the club the mostest of anyone out there.

Was an extra 2 years on the deal wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back