Autopsy Round 22 vs Sydney Swans @ Sydney Cricket Ground - 12/08/23 - 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

5113dce9ee7b415d40ea9ba808d05282.jpg
Surprisingly true. The SCG has been a happy hunting ground for us!

How bad are Chol and Burgess going that Sam Day gets a game before them.
Suppose to be on the list for depth ,dont get it.
Now told Ben King has had knee soreness for a couple of months.
With his poor form and soreness why did we keep playing him??
Nothing makes sense.
Sam has always been kissed on the dick at the Suns, never been more than bog average but turned it into a 14 year AFL career.

I’d but super pissed if I was one of the other 3 better performed forwards

Sam has always been kissed on the dick at the Suns, never been more than bog average but turned it into a 14 year AFL career.

It’s does kind of reek of a happy clapper publicity spin for the club but I guess it also puts some positive vibes through the team. Especially with him likely retiring at season’s end.

I have no issue giving Day a 150 game send off.

The timing is a bit odd. North Melbourne would be a better option, or even our last home game next week.

Hi Guys,

I know Farrar is more traditionally a defender however do you think with the way your teams listed he may actually play forward this week?
He definitely has potential to fill that holman role.

Quick, aggressive tackler, can kick a goal and take a mark.

Not sure what his tank and ‘repeat efforts’ are like - holman excels at this.

I was also wondering if they are trialling him as a pressure forward given Holmans been a bit up and down and doesn’t give much scoreboard threat.

Can Gold Coast avoid letting the season fizzle out?
I don't agree with giving Day a game with the other key forwards available in the squad. Destroys selection integrity, I can only hope its a morale booster worth the risk.

Have to really lift in the midfield to keep up that SCG record, Witts has to control stoppages after losing the battle last week

Scores off turnover will be the key either way - stopping them and taking advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a certain conversation I had with a senior official at our club last year. When I asked about 2MP, he stated that he “couldn’t believe how well he played as he’s never seen him do so at the Suns”.

My answer was well Is that an indictment on him or on our ability to be able to develop talent. He didn’t see my point. Says a lot

Last edited:
We picked him to show that we want. Need to drop him to show that those efforts are unacceptable and embarrassing.

Needs a Flanders like pre season.
Should of been dropped last week or the week before. Shouldn't be gifting him games even if our season is over. Has to be the laziest player out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back